[1.12.x] [Planet Pack] Outer Planets Expansion (OPX)

5 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

A different sneak peek for a different update...

Reveal hidden contents

uoUQvjd.pngfskzUM9.pngcm0T4GQ.png

6 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

A little sneak peak at a newer update...

Hide contents

image.png?ex=66d3f18b&is=66d2a00b&hm=12eecd52f6f8ff27bebf9aa12369f991ccb37da99f374f25221f583bd9ecdf89&=

ascend.mp4

Hi!

I really want to get your set of mods to work, as they look fantastic. However, each time I try and boot up KSP with any of the four available on CKAN, (Jool, Sarnus, Urlum & Neidon) Kopernicus throws an error mid boot saying that it wasn't able to load the planetary body. 

I am able to then start a new game, but it gets into what feels like an infinite loading loop and stays on the black pre-load screen until I force close the game.

I've looked through my log and the primary issue seems to be with Neidon specifically, but even when disabling the Neidon+ mod the issue persists unless all four are disabled.

Additionally, once the game reaches the main menu the log is consistently spammed with 

"[EXC 13:33:57.594] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kopernicus.Components.KopernicusStar.GetLocalTimeAtPosition (Vector3d wPos, CelestialBody cb) (at <7c264aa3e1ae4de8b755f729560384a8>:0)
    Sun.GetLocalTimeAtPosition (System.Double latitude, System.Double longitude, CelestialBody body) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    DayNightGameObjectSwitch+<UpdateObjects>d__17.MoveNext () (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)"

Repeatedly, and RAM usage spikes to about 30GB~.

I do have a log file here, and I admittedly do have quite a bloated number of mods - but I've not had an issue before where I'm fully just not able to access the game in such a way.

Thanks! :)

@asuraii Well this is a new one! I had a look at the KSPLog you sent. CKAN is historically not good at planet mods, so I'm not sure why I assented to putting OPX on there. Perhaps reinstalling them manually would help?

For Kopernicus errors, the base KSP log doesn't tend to be particularly useful, so if its not too much trouble you should send me the Kopernicus Logs folder that the game zips up, if my first suggestion fails.

Hope this helps :)

@The Minmus Derp - Thank you so much! Unfortunately, there wasn't a Kopernicus log hiding out that I could've sent, but manually installing via Github seems to have worked perfectly. (Albeit, I'm only at the main menu with no errors so far - but I'll take the win.)

Thanks again!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, asuraii said:

@The Minmus Derp - Thank you so much! Unfortunately, there wasn't a Kopernicus log hiding out that I could've sent, but manually installing via Github seems to have worked perfectly. (Albeit, I'm only at the main menu with no errors so far - but I'll take the win.)

Thanks again!

You know how the KSP log is in the main application folder? The Kopernicus logs are in the Logs folder in that application folder, in a zip file titled Logs-Kopernicus.zip. Individual logs are in the Kopernicus folder that sits next to that zip file.

Edited by The Minmus Derp

Yeah, sorry I should've been a bit clearer - I think because it didn't technically get as far as 'actually ingame' it hadn't generated a ZIP log for Kopernicus - I have one now that the game has got in successfully with the GH download, but I imagine that won't be of any value anymore. :(

On 8/11/2024 at 3:26 AM, The Minmus Derp said:

Next on the list should be the first DwarfPlanetsPlus with Garrath and the Lemus System after I fix some realism problems and make Kerla not terrible :)

Sorry, but five other updates have come out now. Too many ideas at the same time mean u will take more time. Certified modder moment.

13 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

@asuraii Well this is a new one! I had a look at the KSPLog you sent. CKAN is historically not good at planet mods, so I'm not sure why I assented to putting OPX on there. Perhaps reinstalling them manually would help?

For Kopernicus errors, the base KSP log doesn't tend to be particularly useful, so if its not too much trouble you should send me the Kopernicus Logs folder that the game zips up, if my first suggestion fails.

Hope this helps :)

15 hours ago, asuraii said:

Hi!

I really want to get your set of mods to work, as they look fantastic. However, each time I try and boot up KSP with any of the four available on CKAN, (Jool, Sarnus, Urlum & Neidon) Kopernicus throws an error mid boot saying that it wasn't able to load the planetary body. 

I am able to then start a new game, but it gets into what feels like an infinite loading loop and stays on the black pre-load screen until I force close the game.

I've looked through my log and the primary issue seems to be with Neidon specifically, but even when disabling the Neidon+ mod the issue persists unless all four are disabled.

I've had the same issue with CKAN, the pseudobodies in OPX-SarnusPlus are rather buggy with CKAN. disabling those should hopefully fix the issue (I know the issue is solved but this is an alternative solution

The new updates will probably come tomorrow, as to celebrate two months of this thread/topic. This is a guess.

10 hours ago, theogameren said:

What is Seri? is it an in-development object? it is in the sarnus screenshots.

Ah, I forgot I added that. It's a pseudobody that'll be added in the next Sarnus update that I blatantly forgot that I hadn't already released :/. It's standing in for Helene. oopsies!

12 hours ago, theogameren said:

The new updates will probably come tomorrow, as to celebrate two months of this thread/topic. This is a guess.

Assuming everything goes well, you are probably correct!

12 hours ago, theogameren said:

I've had the same issue with CKAN, the pseudobodies in OPX-SarnusPlus are rather buggy with CKAN. disabling those should hopefully fix the issue (I know the issue is solved but this is an alternative solution

At this point I should probably say... don't download this with CKAN. That is where every single problem has came from.

21 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

At this point I should probably say... don't download this with CKAN. That is where every single problem has came from.

i know... maybe you should edit the OP and inform that installing form CKAN is not recommended.

since you don't wanna talk with CKAN users every week about OPX not working.

Two huge updates have dropped! Today marks both a major expansion to JoolPlus, with five pseudobodies filling out the deep inner and far outer Joolian system and two sets of Jool trojans imported from my co-developer's old mod, Janet's Minor Planets. Normally I'd say go check it out but now it's obsolete. Alongside this, today was also the first release of OPX-InnerWorlds, adding a number of asteroids to the inner Kerbolar system including the remaining three objects from JMP as well as the three objects from new co-developer @JoshTheKerbal's old mod Near Kerbin Objects with some touch-ups and fixed PQS. This mod also includes a number of completely original objects, including Quazen's new moon Krov, the highly bilobate asteroid 212 Loushine and its miniscule companion Everhart, the suspiciously large and blue 9 Selbig orbiting just beyond Dres, 19 Hafnia with its impressive rayed crater, and a complete revamp of Dres itself from the ground up with new higher resolution textures and biomes. Go check em out!

On 8/27/2024 at 2:53 PM, Iapetus7342 said:

BTW, will this first OPXtras have Janet's minor planets and Minor planets expansion support?

On 8/27/2024 at 3:00 PM, The Minmus Derp said:

Yes. I mean, I won't have to do anything to provide that support, but yes. I think you'll like it.

This was true, from a certain point of view...

Some beauty shots:

Spoiler

tS5yWPC.pnghXmBIZE.pngWuRfPoB.pngyrtklPi.png

As per usual, inform us immediately if anything is wrong, and post suggestions in the suggestion box. Which reminds me I should probably check that, I haven't in a while.

Congratulations for two months of keeping OPX alive for two months!

Also, if naming the new mod OPX-InnerWorlds, wouldn't it make sense to Mix OPX-DDP and OPX-Comets+ Together to make OPX-OuterWorlds?

Edited by theogameren

37 minutes ago, theogameren said:

Congratulations for two months of keeping OPX alive for two months!

Thank you very much!

37 minutes ago, theogameren said:

Also, if naming the new mod OPX-InnerWorlds, wouldn't it make sense to Mix OPX-DDP and OPX-Comets+ Together to make OPX-OuterWorlds?

I think thematically they could work, but I don't exactly think it makes sense entirely. Comets are a very different dynamical class to the dwarf planets and other KBOs; one of our planned comets doesn't even go any further than the asteroid belt. So to lump them both together into a single pack would be a bit of a stretch.

We already have new names for them anyway--DP+ is FinalFrontiers, and Comets+ is AstralOmens.

On a less earth-shaking note for the OPX project, I just dropped a new update for the SSM Collection. Now, Gilly and Minmus both have those icons that I implemented for IW and Jool+, and Minmus has alternate descriptions for each position that it can be in.

I've tested the Stock setting for SSM's Minmus. It partially breaks the Minmar Rings mod by moving Minmus out which shouldn't happen considering the mod intends to put Minmus into orbit as a shepard moon, Could you fix this?

2 minutes ago, Iapetus7342 said:

I've tested the Stock setting for SSM's Minmus. It partially breaks the Minmar Rings mod by moving Minmus out which shouldn't happen considering the mod intends to put Minmus into orbit as a shepard moon, Could you fix this?

The way I had to set up the architecture for the overlapping setting options required the Stock setting to move Minmus back to its specific orbit in the Stock game. I'll see what I can do to fix this, but it isn't a you problem this time.

5 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

The way I had to set up the architecture for the overlapping setting options required the Stock setting to move Minmus back to its specific orbit in the Stock game. I'll see what I can do to fix this, but it isn't a you problem this time.

You can add a 4th option which can only be used if the Minmar mod is active, which allows Minmus to be in it's shepherd orbit. If the mod isn't installed it can then be reverted to stock.

7 minutes ago, Iapetus7342 said:

You can add a 4th option which can only be used if the Minmar mod is active, which allows Minmus to be in it's shepherd orbit. If the mod isn't installed it can then be reverted to stock.

What I ended up doing was just having a thing at the end of the file that moves it to where MKR puts it if and only if MKR is present. A fourth setting just for compatibility seems a little redundant, and the one person who doesn't want it there would probably be perfectly capable of digging into the configs just like you would have to with the base MKR mod.

EDIT: the update is out on GitHub and spacedock if you'd like. I'm not making a big hullabaloo because its literally just MKR compatibility and most people won't need it.

Edited by The Minmus Derp

3 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

What I ended up doing was just having a thing at the end of the file that moves it to where MKR puts it if and only if MKR is present. A fourth setting just for compatibility seems a little redundant, and the one person who doesn't want it there would probably be perfectly capable of digging into the configs just like you would have to with the base MKR mod.

Nice! Glad to see a patch to help the 35 other people who use the mod. (/j on that mod use remark)