[1.12.x] [Planet Pack] Outer Planets Expansion (OPX)

14 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Vulcan analog could be good, although I'd have to duck around the quackpack orbits to maintain compatibility. As for your Duna suggestion, you can't get much smaller than Ike and not be an asteroid. It isn't that much larger than Minmus, after all.

There's also a mod that adds Xubol that you might have to work around.

7 hours ago, QuadrilateralsAreCool said:

There's also a mod that adds Xubol that you might have to work around.

Good to know, I'll keep that in mind. 

8 hours ago, theogameren said:

It appears the day is 23. July for me. I live in UTC+01, btw. @The Minmus Derp, when is the new release of NeidonPlus coming?

i actually just released it, I'm editing the OP now.

9 hours ago, Jeffery Kerman said:

Klip looks kind of similar to the moon of mega-eve that Heff mk2 made that has 13g's of gravity ASL

you mean widor? klip doesn't look like it to me

The Kcalbeloh mod's kerbol-side wormhole doesn't work with OPX Jool+, as the kerbol-side wormole doesn't have configs for orbiting around this mod's Jool and thus breaks the Sarnus wormhole config. Can you patch this?

7 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

That'll be in the next update alongside further settingsfile changes. Thanks for letting me know. For now, you can dig into the configs and set the Orbit{} referenceBody to BetterJool.

ok, thanks for letting us know

Also, when will it be on CKAN?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, theogameren said:

Also, I've noticed something you have to fix. In the upcoming installments list, NeidonPlus is still on that list.

Well its not done yet. I said that I will "continue work".

Edited by The Minmus Derp

could a GP5 addon be a thing? gas planet five was pretty cool and unique and it would be a shame to leave it. It was between saturn and uranus, and it would be fun to have the most typical yellow gas giant ever.

13 minutes ago, Great Liao said:

could a GP5 addon be a thing? gas planet five was pretty cool and unique and it would be a shame to leave it. It was between saturn and uranus, and it would be fun to have the most typical yellow gas giant ever.

That would not be under the purview of this project (unless you're speaking of a Planet Nine analog, which is planned under DwarfPlanetsPlus.) If I make one, it'd be its own mod.

20 minutes ago, Great Liao said:

Silan has you covered on that field, although if you have OPM installed it orbits farther out than Plock.

2 hours ago, Iapetus7342 said:

Silan has you covered on that field, although if you have OPM installed it orbits farther out than Plock.

Given that OPX-DwarfPlanetsPlus and Minor Planets Expansion have several objects in that region, I think DPP will come with a compatibiity patch that moves it into the GP5 orbit slot.

4 hours ago, Iapetus7342 said:

The Kcalbeloh mod's kerbol-side wormhole doesn't work with OPX Jool+, as the kerbol-side wormole doesn't have configs for orbiting around this mod's Jool and thus breaks the Sarnus wormhole config. Can you patch this?

I just completed that patch, and it will be in the next update alongside further settings toggles.

11 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

For now, you can dig into the configs and set the Orbit{} referenceBody to BetterJool.

Will any mod that references Jool need to be patched in this way? Contract packs, resource configs, etc… Is there a reason why the planet's name needs to change?

14 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

Given that OPX-DwarfPlanetsPlus and Minor Planets Expansion have several objects in that region, I think DPP will come with a compatibiity patch that moves it into the GP5 orbit slot.

I just completed that patch, and it will be in the next update alongside further settings toggles.

Neat! Looking forward to this.

Also, J-B, the reason why Jool is replaced by BetterJool is so that the retexture can work properly.

Edited by Iapetus7342

22 hours ago, J-B said:

Will any mod that references Jool need to be patched in this way? Contract packs, resource configs, etc… Is there a reason why the planet's name needs to change?

Yes. I don't presently have like. a list of mods, or HOW to patch them, so that'll come later. The planet needs to change because the stock jool texture is hardcoded into the planet, so changing that texture requires replacing the planet.