Simple colonization mod with above 100% sustainability?

Hi,

I want to go interstellar for the first time and I want to do it with life support. 

My plan is to send a big colonization ship or fleet to establish a growing base in the other solar system which then can produce new ships and kerbals as well to explore everything without having to send supplies and parts from kerbin over interstellar distances. 

Mechanics wise I want to have it very Kerbal, so a simplified approach which is just fun to play without having to micromanage everything. 

For example simple construction or not so simple construction for producing new stuff, is the level of Kerbalism I'm looking for. 

Moar Kerbals to increase the population.

While I have to say, I like them mechanics wise, but I would like both better if they would add specific parts instead of using existing ones. 

USI life support looks like the perfect fit, but is seems not possible to build a colony with more than 100% efficiency? But I need more than 100% to fill up the spacecrafts, which explore the other solar systems as well as more than 100% to feed the growing population of kerbals. 

Edit: if there's no easy way, please suggest the hard ones too ;)

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edited by Kergarin

9 hours ago, KspNoobUsernameTaken said:

I believe you can get >100% sustainability by just shipping more equipment to the planet in USI-LS. For example, a base with 10 crew can produce food for 20 crew with the right equipment. Snacks is a simpler life support system, with the same properties.

Thanks! You are right. 

From how I understood the mods description you can only get to 100% rate and would even need MKS too.

But that's not right. Just using the bundled parts from USI life support you can achieve above 100% with ease. You just need a greenhouse and have to add fertilizer, which can be generated using a drill and the small isru converter using some ec. Almost too easy. :D

These come too mind #shamelessplug :sticktongue:

SIMPLEX Kerbalism if you want Life Support, Science and Background Processing for ISRU

SIMPLEX Resources if you want an extention of Stock Ores, but not too complicated - I could support an extra solar mod if you suggest which one.

SIMPLEX Assembly for off Kerbin Construction

SIMPLEX Colonies (will generate Colonists with MoarKerbals)

SIMPLEX Station Parts for low RAM extra station parts, (but will need to include ReStock as well)

17 hours ago, theJesuit said:

These come too mind #shamelessplug :sticktongue:

SIMPLEX Kerbalism if you want Life Support, Science and Background Processing for ISRU

SIMPLEX Resources if you want an extention of Stock Ores, but not too complicated - I could support an extra solar mod if you suggest which one.

SIMPLEX Assembly for off Kerbin Construction

SIMPLEX Colonies (will generate Colonists with MoarKerbals)

SIMPLEX Station Parts for low RAM extra station parts, (but will need to include ReStock as well)

Thanks! That's a great combination of mods with a good balance between easy and challenging. I might give this a try, but I guess my very limited free time will force me to use something even simpler.