The Linux compatibility thread!

all for Kerbin!

NICE. seemed to work. now for the mods.

oh and is it possible to migrate old windows save fils to linux ?

thx again mate. really really helpful.

Yep Windows saves will work just fine copied over to Linux KSP :)

WOOT WOOT

very very nice.

soo excited.

will give a feedback if all saves / mods work as well...hold on (I certaily am)

this just so cool.

linux 64Bit

Mods:

Kethane

KAS

Chatterer

DMagic Orbital Science

Habitat Pack

Kerbal JointReinforcement

Octotruss Pack

MagicSmokeIndustries Robotics

Mechjeb

RoverScience

SwitchActiveVessel

Usefull Parts for aestetics (Turbonitsu)

KerbalalarmClock

all without a problem. no error as of yet.

thx a lot. I am 39 years old and feel like a kid on christmas eve

The modifier key on KSP Linux is rightshift, so it's rightshift+F12 :)

Also, rightshift+F2 for the debug screen, rightshift+rightclick to transfer fuel, and rightshift+F5 for custom quicksaves and rightshift+F9 to load them.

The modifier key can also be changed in the settings.cfg

So I am a complete newbie to using Linux. I am trying to run 23.5 but it keeps crashing mainly when going to launch pad, at occaisonally when flying. Not sure if it is my computer, me, or just not installed correctly. Can someone give me the complete idiots guide to properly installing KSP for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS?

Looks like the 'enable shadows' fix for Intel graphics doesn't work with the latest 0.23.5 release. I downloaded a fresh copy yesterday and tried to apply the usual patches and now it doesn't return the same results as before. Anyone else dealt with that?

I've been trying to get KSP from steam to work in Linux Mint 16 64-bit. Everything seems fine until I try to launch, and partway up the game crashes completely. It happens exactly the same way every time. I've tried several things from the above posts, including the LC_ALL=C fix and it still does the same thing. No mods. I can't figure out what is going on. Here's my KSP.log:

http://pastebin.com/u19SDWLj

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hi,

I am using fedora 20 and 0.23 was pretty stable there. Unfortunately after update to 23.5 KSP is crashing almost every time when there is a scene change.

I have the steam version of the game and the issue occurs with 32b and 64b binary.

Also I have tried install clean version without any mods and it also did not help. But here are the mods which I am currently using

[lnykryn@notas Kerbal Space Program]$ ls GameData/

DamnedRobotics LTech MechJeb2 NASAmission OrbitalConstruction Redux Squad

I have uploaded KSP.log and some other logs here:

http://lnykryn.fedorapeople.org/misc/ksp/

If you need I can also provide you a coredump, but it is quite huge (1.6 GB).

can someone help me out?

i'm trying to get my afterglow xbox 360 wired controller to work with my linux computer (ubuntu latest build) and i've installed xboxdrv... but it's not working with anything... including KSP...

just as a side note i've never played any computergame with an xbox controller so this is the first time i've tried messing around with it so any help would be apericiated.

EDIT results:

i typed "xboxdrv" into my terminal and it pops up with "error no xbox or xbox360 controllers found" so now what do i do o.o

Edited by AntiMatter001

JeramyM, it looks like KSP is having trouble with your graphics card, it's saying a lot of features are unsupported and it's in fallback mode, have you tried with a new settings.cfg? (delete the current one)

Eleven, I guess we need new fix for it now :/

JMazzy, like with JeramyM it looks like KSP is having difficulty with your graphics card, lots of features are unsupported.

lnykryn, are you using the fallback shaders? Those are bad to put it mildly and should only be used as a last resort.

AntiMatter001, I think you need to set it up first, there's some info here.

JeramyM, it looks like KSP is having trouble with your graphics card, it's saying a lot of features are unsupported and it's in fallback mode, have you tried with a new settings.cfg? (delete the current one)

JMazzy, like with JeramyM it looks like KSP is having difficulty with your graphics card, lots of features are unsupported.

lnykryn, are you using the fallback shaders? Those are bad to put it mildly and should only be used as a last resort.

thanks. now the only thing keeping me back is my lack of programming knowlagde

So delete my KSP settings.cfg then just run the program as normal?

For some reason, when I'm trying to attach MechJeb to anything, it makes my game stutter heavily on camera rotation with mouse, it's downright unplayable. Rotation with keyboard arrows and zooming with +/- is perfectly fine and smooth though.

I'm running vanilla KSP.x86_64 (with fixes listed in the OP) on an nvidia card in Ubuntu 14.04.

I guess it's somehow related to mouse input handling by the game, but why mechjeb is triggering it? Any ideas how to fix it?

JeramyM, yeah it looks like your card can't handle the re-entry heat effect shader, are things okay if you disable re-entry heat effects in the graphics settings?

SolarSailor, not sure on that, it may be trying to load the plugin and not finding it, we'll need to see your ksp.log to make sure.

@sal_vager I did some investigation, reinstalled everything from scratch, and apparently it only gets that bad with MechJeb and Toolbar installed together. When I install them apart, or use any other mod combination, everything is fine, but with both of them and with Mechjeb attached to anything mouse camera rotation seems to stutter both in flight and in the VAB/SPH.

Here's my KSP.log: http://pastebin.com/QV4NLan1

The only unusual thing I can see in it is

[EXC 18:57:46.315] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This exception only happens when both mods are installed, so I guess it's some kind of a conflict, but everything seems to be OK in Windows version.