Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Hey-hey-hey, meet me too! ^_^

-snip-

I can't imagine the force it would take to lift that landscape up out of the atmosphere!

@Deadweasel

Please snip images from quotes, they tend to take up a good portion of the page and everyone's already seen them. :)

I heard that ICQ is still quite popular in Scandinavia and Eastern-Europe, no idea why.

But then again, everyone in south-east Asia seems to use Yahoo Messenger. It's almost a cultural thing. I remember that MSN was totally da bomb in western europe for years (I used it a lot too) and AOL was very popular in the USA.

I can't imagine the force it would take to lift that landscape up out of the atmosphere!

@Deadweasel

Please snip images from quotes, they tend to take up a good portion of the page and everyone's already seen them. :)

Oops. I will usually do that if my reply will be on the same page.

I heard that ICQ is still quite popular in Scandinavia and Eastern-Europe, no idea why.

But then again, everyone in south-east Asia seems to use Yahoo Messenger. It's almost a cultural thing. I remember that MSN was totally da bomb in western europe for years (I used it a lot too) and AOL was very popular in the USA.

Sadly AOL is still a thing in the US. I still run across new systems running their abomination of a software bundle because the old people don't listen when they're told that crap isn't necessary just to access their email. *sigh*

bG12DPs.png

au0dGVi.jpg

So I decided that making multiple rovers and docking them all together is entirely too much like hard work.

So I made this. ~220 parts (a lot of struts, like a LOT)

Dry weight (courtesy of empty fuel tanks) is about 90 tonnes, it took me 46 attempts to get it into low kerbin orbit and I haven't decided what planetoid it's heading to next. I think I could get multiple copies of them into orbit now but I kind of just love this one on its own. I think it will be a one off for me.

It has two buran arms, a winch, multiple ancillary bits and pieces, two satellite dishes and a couple of remotetech antenna along with running lights, area lighting, driving lights, boost solar arrays for when everything is running. It holds 46,000 units of Kethane and the total weight when its completely full of everything is 296 tonnes. At that weight it doesn't like bumps much, but having all those truck wheels helped a silly amount. It turns like a pig with all the wheels down, but if you lift the trailer wheels it actually turns quite well.

This is obviously not stock.

The first image was like ... fifth or sixth iteration. Second image was like 10th or more, and is more or less the final version I settled on before lifting it a long way into the air. Final iteration had another trailer wheel behind that final axle to help with the front lifting too high under acceleration. The axle drive wheels need to be rebalanced, they can take this thing at 290 odd tonnes on Kerbin down the runway to 138ms (still accelerating) which is like over 300mph.

Edited by entaran

Why ICQ still popular? Becouse we have a some non-official clients, what make ICQ service very usefull and cimple. :)

So... I hope you like this my work? It was hard for me. And I rendered that landscapes a very lo-o-ong time. o_O

Em... I can see you put a lot of effort into it, but I don't think it looks very realistic or at least believable. Some kind of gas-giant would have been more appropriate to put in the background.

Why ICQ still popular? Becouse we have a some non-official clients, what make ICQ service very usefull and cimple. :)

So... I hope you like this my work? It was hard for me. And I rendered that landscapes a very lo-o-ong time. o_O

Oh don't get me wrong, it's a pretty image to be sure! It just confused me a bit because I wasn't sure what that massive landscape behind the mountains was supposed to be in the first place.

As for the ICQ angle, that makes a lot of sense. Again, please don't mistake my statement for a disparaging remark, I just didn't realize the ICQ network was even still around. :)

I would love to use services like ICQ and IRC as my main way to do instant-messaging, but as long nobody in my surroundings uses those services, I'm forced to use impractical services as Facebook-chat and Skype. Otherwise I will lock myself out.

I like clients like Pidgin for situations like that, because I can connect to multiple different chat networks and centralize all my contacts.

The downside is that for every network I add to the client, the more memory they seem to require to maintain those connections. :(

Also: holy crap somebody still uses ICQ?! :D

All Russia use it, because there is no real alternative.

AOL? Why it all English? Does it have Russian interface? And why there are no anyone here?

MSN? I can not leave a message when recipient is offline? FAIL.

Jabber/Google talk? There is such hodgepodge of incompatible clients, that simple file transfer does not work!

Skype? Yes, only Skype is real competitor of ICQ.

And so, ICQ ended up being bought by Mail.ru...

Z73HC.png

a return vehicle retrieving Jeb, Bob, and Bill. Due to bugs, Jeb didn't fit in the return vehicle, and served his last minutes deorbiting the lander

structural failures on the return vehicle caused it to structurally malfunction on descent; the return vehicle commander and Bob died, leaving Bill as the only survivor of the 21 year mission.

KBWyN.png

Am I the first to notice that this was post # 1337? Fantastic wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey coincidence.

Now show us the roomy interior.

Not great, but something I just had to do...

rhHLeqq.jpg

SVo8rdj.png

a return vehicle retrieving Jeb, Bob, and Bill. Due to bugs, Jeb didn't fit in the return vehicle, and served his last minutes deorbiting the lander

structural failures on the return vehicle caused it to structurally malfunction on descent; the return vehicle commander and Bob died, leaving Bill as the only survivor of the 21 year mission.

This mission perfectly describes Kerbal.....