Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

What's the sudden surge of skybox replacements about? Not saying they don't look nice, but this has never even come up before. Well, maybe once.

Well, it's a new mod. It came out less than a week ago, and since then we went from being able to edit the skybox, to being able to edit planets, to being able to add clouds to planets, and Kerbals are coming up soon. So basically it's new and awesome.

EDIT: Oops, double post!

Raaaainbbooooowwwwss.

That one is nice, good job :) (if you made it yourself)

I made the nebula, but not the clouds or the starfield. :(

Also, I finally decided to go to Jool for the first time since 0.20. Trying to play "realistically" (ie. send probes first), I decided to launch the joint Spear-Firewalker Jool exploration mission. This is the first probe, the PX-500 Spear, designed to do a controlled aerobrake through Jool gathering data, then set up into a stable orbit around it and act as a research satellite.

Probe in high Kerbin orbit.

6mTiVHn.jpg

Transfer burn in deep space...

SLkavnK.jpg

There's Jool!

IzGJm7I.jpg

Aerobraking in Jool's upper atmosphere, using flaps, airbrakes, and winglets to steer.

pe0tObA.jpg

Ditching the fairings...

zAwgmSo.jpg

And there we go! Probe number one in orbit!

Zx7cnTo.jpg

Yep, what he said! ^^

And honestly I don't know if it runs on mediocre computers, because my computer's pretty good. :(

Anyhoo, part II of the Spear/Firewalker Jool Exploration Mission: The PX-410 Firewalker.

Interplanetary stage in orbit...

WN4DcIw.jpg

Way out in deep space!

S384G9H.jpg

Entering Jool and ditching the fairings...

KFsNE9A.jpg

Interplanetary stage dropped, probe flipped around, sensors engaged!

heUO2Oz.png

Heat shield being cut away, as seen from the ventral fixed camera.

SMkigsY.png

And the final slow descent into the abyss!

FoOLSZj.png

Jool got changed since 0.20... In 0.20 there was a 95m-deep layer below the surface and a bouncy barrier at the bottom that ripped apart spacecraft, but would take longer to kill Kerbals and would just bounce around parts with high impact tolerance. In 0.21, that layer is now 250m, and hitting the bottom kills you instantly. Looks like Jool Is evil again... ;.;

Jool got changed since 0.20... In 0.20 there was a 95m-deep layer below the surface and a bouncy barrier at the bottom that ripped apart spacecraft, but would take longer to kill Kerbals and would just bounce around parts with high impact tolerance. In 0.21, that layer is now 250m, and hitting the bottom kills you instantly. Looks like Jool Is evil again... ;.;

Too many freaking parties were dumping loads of trash in orbit. We all know the Kraken lives there, (with a summer home on Moho of course), so it was to be expected he'd start *ahem* kraking down on the revelers. I mean, after all:

Judging by the tiny flotation ring stuck on the side of the big orange tank, he's using Seasickness Cure.

Jup, its Razchek's 0.21 update for the outdated Sea Sickess Cure mod. You can find it on page three of the forum thread i linked. (I have scaled down the part by adding "rescaleFactor = 0.2" to the part.cfg). I'ts the only way I know of to allow Kerbals to walk on splashed vehicle surfaces.

My newly completed "Windhoek" LKO Station, the disposable tug bringing the last component is still connected to the left arm;

FECF2F8E5BD11B05F8969F8C3E0FB81CC4B52E2A

And a very happy Bill Kerman after accidentily discovering the Neil Armstrong Memorial when departing "Chobe" Mün Base, turns out the Memorial is about 50km East from my current outpost, time to relocate!

19A57F38F5829B89E631D93B4FB6A9A4AD4C44C6