Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I decided to make a trip to the South Polar ice cap of Kerbin, after seeing a

Qubbaqml.png

BSCsNLMl.png

The conifer trees really are there! I never knew about them until the video, and I wanted to check this out for myself.

DyuQlkXl.png

Edan Kerman in the Evergreen Wilderness (as unofficially named by me).

NGaXQQhl.png

MjK0WDbl.png

fG1FX5El.png

Secluded Plateau, again named by myself.

pZORyhEl.png

fod4KQRl.png

The first glimpse of the major ice sheet.

d4fRhN1l.png

A bit of a bump on the engines, and just like that, the mission ground to a halt. However, Edan knew he could still fly this thing a little further...

uXMmMgll.png

GHCzJi2l.png

Y3HGFf2l.png

The final flag planted on this mission, Edan Point. One of the most stunning locations of the entire flight.

bS6L2USl.png

Oh boy, what happened?

So, I now dare someone to say Kerbin isn't beautiful (despite a cripplingly low frame rate).

My most ambitions project of the Zokesian Space Program, the Laythe Exploration Expedition (L.E.E.). It got six men to LLO and two men to Laythe's surface, and served as a Laythe station for five years, and was visited by Orbiter Mk IVs exchanging crew frequently.

The two kerbs who stepped on Laythe's surface rendezvous with an Orbiter Mk IV which took them home safely. The other three in the L.E.E. were station crew members for a year.

Here is a diagram of the ship:

vNOnnVP.png

My latest SSTO the Falcon XIV Kosmos doing her first successful trip.

Craft file and flight instructions is available in the youtube description for those that want to give here a try.

Many thanks for this, have been after something reasonably small so I can transfer Kerbals to and from my space station.. - Dunno if I will use the cargo bay tho, just as a crew transporter :)

Many thanks for this, have been after something reasonably small so I can transfer Kerbals to and from my space station.. - Dunno if I will use the cargo bay tho, just as a crew transporter :)

I would remove the cargo bay to save parts. I built it so it could be done. I can make an updated B version if you want with no doors but that still looks the same.

Someone is in my reserved parking space.

u91dFK4.png

My first interplanetary mission in 0.21 was supposed to be a stripped-down deal. A Duna-return mission with two Kerbals. So stripped down I didn't even include RCS, a flight computer (remote guidance unit), or even a command pod. Just seats. Two seats strapped to a rocket. It went fine until I was about 3,000m above the surface of Duna's northern polar region. The log said a structural failure between the Kerbals and their seats. The lander still landed but without even a computer it might as well be junk.

gyfGEkJ.png

7zsLXJX.png

bD6nNXB.png

Myy4alC.png

I have made 4 new versions. The A version that replaces the original. I had made the mistake of placing one structural tank in the rear instead of a fuel tank. Explains why I had to much LOX then anticipated left and to little fuel. So its 700Kg heavier and climbs a 2-3ms slower during the initial 45 degree climb but the extra fuel should be good for a powered landing and also make it possible to use all the LOX as I had intended. It can take of at like 55m/s But it seems to be better to accelerate to at least 80m/s and use the runway as much as posible to build speed to slingshot one self up and use the momentum to maximize the speed during the initial climb.

There are also a B version for Crew transfer with docking port in the nose and its 528 parts so a bit less then the 590 of the stock one so should run smooth if you tweak the Physics settings in game settings as I suggested in the youtube description.

C version is a Tanker so its basically the original but no cargo doors and a docking port added.

Then There is the D version and its basically the same as the C version but the fuel tank is used to increase altitude if on happens to have a space station beyond 400-500km orbit or so.

Dont know if it can leave LKO have not tested. How knows.

In fact I have not tested them but the modifications are so small and around CoM that they should work just fine. But if theres a problem feel free to tell me.

Can get the updated crafts here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27196441/SSTOs.zip

I would remove the cargo bay to save parts. I built it so it could be done. I can make an updated B version if you want with no doors but that still looks the same.

EDIT: I have made 4 new versions.

OOooo yes please - I cannot build a plane if my life depended on it.. :) - Downloads right away..

Many thanks for going to all the trouble...

Edited by Simplicity