Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Here is my first station, ST-01, a refueling depot in 320km LKO. It can service up to 10 ships at a time if needed.

Untitled-1_zps35131d51.jpg~original

From starboard to port:

• 70tn 3.75m monoprop tank module holding about 12,000 mono-propellant for RCS refueling.
  • Science module with 2 labs and enough power for the whole station, sporting a 3,75m nuclear reactor and power generator.
  • 250tn 5m lox module for refueling. Really a pain to bring up there and dock, but definitely worth it.
  • Quad pod escape system for the kerbals working in the labs. The pods use small RCS thrusters for deorbiting and are equipped with a solar panel for power and heatshields/chutes for re-entry.

Finally, docked behind the LOX module is a 20tn space tug using ion engines for station keeping and getting modules from low KO to the station.

It might look small but looks are a little deceiving; the station hubs are up-sized to take 2.5m ports and the solar panels are from NFP, sporting more than twice the height of gigantors. Part count is kept low, about 98 for the whole assembly.

Edited by Dante80

My goodness, how did you get something so big with that few parts

I feel like I'd have at least a thousand parts with that many separate ships attached.

Ooh, sorry, missed your comment yesterday.

The bulk of the Constellation's mass is in 5 fuel tanks; 2 Rockomax 64s (the lead drop tank and the Connie's main fuel tank) and 3 Rockomax 32s (Connie's secondary fuel tank and each Bullet's main fuel tank). Those add up to 126 tons, or nearly half the craft. The aerospace planes have more fuel tanks (each has 2 FL-800s for ascent fuel and 2 FL-100s for orbital maneuvering) but not that many more. I try to keep the number of fuel tanks down when I can to reduce CPU strain.

It also helps that the craft's core was launched as one piece but the rest (the jet fuel pods and landers) were docked in orbit... keeps the number of struts down considerably over having to make the whole assembly rigid enough to survive a launch.

-- Steve

Also has anyone got any idea how my 4 engines are still running with 0.02 intake air!??!?

If you put intakes on your craft before the engines then due to the order in which the craft game updates the amount of a resource then you'll run out at 0 instead of 0.07 (for stock jets). It has no actual effect on gameplay, but is quite handy for seeing how much intakeair you have left more accurately.

I was going to only include a few images, but got a bit carried away.

Enjoy the story, I guess.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Plane used is RocketTurtle's swept wing VTOL.

*Disclaimer: Some hack gravity may have been used, as I was getting heaps of crashes today, for some reason. But not much.

Edited by Tw1

Pretty proud that I seem to have a handle on more precise landings, ones that are more than just "getting to the ground any old place" type landings. Using SCANsat to home in on the Armstrong Memorial (OK, yes, I used a mod that gives the location) I initially landed within a few hundred meters, then a short hop over the hill to a closer encounter.

wf9w.jpg

Then, I hopped over to the next crater south looking for the monolith anomaly, but couldn't find it, even though SCANsat said it was there. Got Bill out to walk around, and sure enough, just like the pyramids, it's under ground. Planted a flag there so I'll know where it is if they ever fix this bug.

et9v.jpg

"Umm, control? We heard a loud bang and now things are feeling really weird..."

OSIJU8u.png

I must say, it's been a while since this has happened to me. I should listen to the game when it tells me that physical time warp is a bad thing for big ships...

Nr84vVU.png

I'd planned to decommission it after this mission, anyway. Bit of a lagfest, really. Now I've got to mount a rescue mission to grab Jeb, Bill, Bob, and Lengas from the habitation module, while the other 3 crew have safely reached Kerbin using the lander.

Taken from this post. Just wanted you guys to see it. I'm really proud of this. :D

A crewed lander able to carry a three kerbal exploration rover weighting ~16t in total.

Y7vlajc.png

zoawtjk.png

A reliable and space-qualified CTV.

X20te5z.png

5g9hd4m.png

vjwF2Ke.png

A comms network built with SSTOs and lightweight lifters. (which also carried parachute landers packed with Science!â„¢)

7kwGLsv.png

NE4Cn1j.png

gVHxWex.png

A tested Duna SSTO ascent vehicle with more than enough Dv for the job.

8vIKYAa.png

A kethane extraction unit about to be cancelled.

3VwRIIU.png

Two completely new lifters built especially for this mission ("reliable")

RI5aRVt.png

JgEcTtT.png

Seven astronauts in heavy training, of which four will be selected for the mission.

vv7a41t.png

The Constellation/Mars Direct mission is taking shape. :D

This is by far my most ambitious project, and I've been building it for over a month now. Hope everything goes as planned. I still have to build Kopernikus, but that's a piece of cake compared to the landers.

Transfer stage for a science probe with Eve as destination.

are those prop-slowed lander probes?

ME WANT!

here's just some snippets of recent missions

screenshot66_zpsd699f856.png

screenshot57_zps2a9304fc.png

dat emergency (being dumb and hitting space too many times) landing skill.

That's a tiny rockomax engine on the bottom.

screenshot55_zpsadbb3ee2.png

Wasn't designed to land... landed anyway... still transmitted science.

screenshot83_zps24b9a9b8.png

My new ship, R.S. Tundra fully assembled but unmanned over Kerbin. Planning to send a crew of 9 to Duna and put 6 of them on the surface.

kfPNIEd.png

...Or, it might run out of fuel half way there, forever adrift in the void around Kerbol... only one way to find out! :)