Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

YAY!! WOO!! \o/

My first successful docking. Took many many many attempts.

1024x768.resizedimage

I just really like this shot. Kerbin Mapping Satellite KMS Alpha.

1024x768.resizedimage

This one clearly didn't make it. Nice burn-up tho.

1024x768.resizedimage

Again, I just really like this shot. From the back-side of my Kerbin Mapping Satellite, KMS Beta. This one I'm trying to send off to Mun, as it turns out TWO mapping satellites around one body is utterly pointless.

It's taking QUITE a while tho, what with only having these three Ion engines. LOL

1024x768.resizedimage

It was decided that in order to strengthen the already solidifying ties between Kerbin and Duna, a fuel depot was to be placed in low Duna orbit. Currently, the Duna Fuel Depot is unoccupied and has about a third of its current total fuel aboard, but a refuelling vessel will head out and transfer two crew in the process.

QXOz5pw.png

It is also likely that another large fuel tank will be docked to allow for greater refuelling potential. After all, Duna has become quite a lively place in recent times :)

so whats your ISP? Like 500s for 200N of thrust? And is that what the engine's for?

It's 449s for 235kN. The Aerospike greatly increases the TWR of the rocket and can be toggled off to save fuel.

The engine is for heavy lifting interplanetary tugs and is lighter and more realistic than having 5 NTRs attached to a fuel tank. It may also be useful for landers once I figure out how to make it stack attachable.

It's based off of a LANTR: http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/enginelist.php#id--Nuclear_Thermal--Solid_Core--LANTR

And this: http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/realdesigns.php#id--Basic_Solid_Core_NTR--Shadow_Shield

Edited by Giggleplex777

Well now that you say its so useful im gonna build my own, for my Cruiser Mk VII (It runs on 4 NERVAS and so we could shave off like 8 tonnes if we ditched three of them).

I'll warn you, the engine's hard to build and requires you to turn off part clipping.

Docking my mun shuttle to My mun station esprit II on its maiden voyage

8755284915_c5fa049690_b.jpg

8755283877_18a2ee087e_b.jpg

8755280191_a1ebacf997_b.jpg

8755279329_033de6452a_b.jpg

8755281195_99bb53a8f7_b.jpg

8755278921_ca0fb51b15_b.jpg

8755277459_a1769b93e5_b.jpg

8756407782_3188b44472_b.jpg

8755293885_bedf9fd4c9_b.jpg

skycrane after Kethane Lander dropoff

8756420972_f7b46019e6_b.jpg

docked at station

8756422530_78deeba0b0_b.jpg

the shuttle will be sent back to my kerbin station to pick up some Kethane drilling equipment and some tanks... and then it will bring the oven to the moon to be taken down to the surface With my Sky-crane (soon to be retired for a bigger more powerful sky-crane)

one last cool pic for the night

8756397834_040df8acf4_b.jpg

Keenan

Another screenshot of my favorite toy, On it's 7th mission to Orbit, after deploying a Telescope and re-entering the atmosphere

LdNKrW7.jpg

Gorgeous.

Can you post the craft file and what mods you used in building it?

0VSJDpl.jpg

On the 9th mission in this thing, transported 3 additional Kerbals to the station. 6 Kerbals on board, now. See if you can spot the screenshot in this thread I stole the design of the station from. Though it's hard to keep everything lined up when you attach them to one another using that stupid wobbly arm

Gorgeous.

Can you post the craft file and what mods you used in building it?

I uploaded it to KerbalSpacePort but it has yet to appear, there's also a Filedropper link to it in the B9 thread, since it's mostly B9 parts, around page 74 or there abouts, as well as a list of other mods it uses

Edited by Sabor