[1.12.x ] 32k Planet Textures For JNSQ

Valius

32k Planet Textures For JNSQ

32k texture pack for the main planets of JNSQ, so the ground stops looking blocky in low orbit.

You've just assembled the final piece of your magnificent space station, right above the edges of the atmosphere. You gaze at Kerbin in all its splendor, with its glorious JNSQ volumetric clouds, and suddenly you notice, 'holy cow, Kerbin is all pixelated !' And ever since, during every launch, that's all you can see, desperately waiting to get high enough to no longer see that pixelated mess. That's what happened to me, and that's why I made this texture pack, to fully enjoy the planets in all their glory, no matter the altitude !

ejC6bJn.png

Dependencies

Compatibilities:

• This mod is purely visual, so everything compatible with JNSQ will be with this one.

Recommended mods

Download

Installation

1. FIRST, install JNSQ and it's dependencies
  2. SECONDLY, drop the JNSQ folder from '32K planets for JNSQ' into GameData. Windows will ask if you want to overwrite; say yes.
  3. Have fun!

Notes:

For now, only the planets Kerbin, Huygen, Eve and Laythe have been modified, as these are the four planets where the low texture resolution was most noticeable. The other planets have different texture maps, making resolution issues much less visible.

Edited by Valius

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your feedback. Since this is my first "mod" (if it can even be called that since it's just a texture pack), feel free to share any suggestions for improvement.

I will likely try to bring high resolution to more planets when I have more time.