I'm using this with the Strange New Worlds mod, which causes Poseidon and Oceanus to have their respective moons and shaders (Posiedon gets arkhalo, kisa etc. and oceanus gets Cassini). IS there a way to add a patch to rename Poseidon and Oceanus so this doesn't occur?

On 9/13/2024 at 6:44 PM, Iapetus7342 said:

Is using this with OPM a no-go? (dumb question i know)

On 9/13/2024 at 8:08 PM, smushanoob said:

It’s untested, but you can try it if you really want to.

If you do try this, do you mind sharing the experience?

4 minutes ago, modus said:

If you do try this, do you mind sharing the experience?

I decided to go the safe way and NOT use OPM. This needed a little trickery in the descriptions of most MPE bodies but it works. I'm also modifying Oceanus' and Poseidon's code so that their similarly named cousins from Strange New Worlds don't have their moons come over.

6 minutes ago, Iapetus7342 said:

I decided to go the safe way and NOT use OPM. This needed a little trickery in the descriptions of most MPE bodies but it works. I'm also modifying Oceanus' and Poseidon's code so that their similarly named cousins from Strange New Worlds don't have their moons come over.

Yeah I'm also hesitant to use this with opm.

Can you elaborate on this 'trickery'? Do the mpe bodies get in the way?

2 minutes ago, modus said:

Yeah I'm also hesitant to use this with opm.

Can you elaborate on this 'trickery'? Do the mpe bodies get in the way?

It's mostly the fact that MPE's descriptions don't match Poseidon and Friends' names so i had to modify their descriptions to make them fit again.

3 hours ago, Iapetus7342 said:

I'm using this with the Strange New Worlds mod, which causes Poseidon and Oceanus to have their respective moons and shaders (Posiedon gets arkhalo, kisa etc. and oceanus gets Cassini). IS there a way to add a patch to rename Poseidon and Oceanus so this doesn't occur?

A SNW patch could potentially come soon.

I really like what I'm seeing so far, didn't really do a full playthrough though, just some quick visits  with a probe in a test save.

I did notice some strange cloud behaviour when I teleported to Pallas, maybe because I have EVE Volumetrics?

Spoiler

SKlducu.png

OzVXriR.png

Also:

Spoiler

are Ferdinand's scatters supposes to be really really black? :)

2gYWuY3.png

Lastly, because I thought Eelo was really out of place between Jool and Salenne I put it in (a far) orbit of Poseidon (mostly because Salenne and Ulloom have more moons than Poseidon). A shot from the surface:

Spoiler

uUXAOvg.png

Maybe I'll try converting to parallax continued a shot, but I know next to nothing about planet modding modder so don't know how far I'll get:D

Awesome work!

Edited by modus

1 hour ago, modus said:

I really like what I'm seeing so far, didn't really do a full playthrough though, just some quick visits  with a probe in a test save.

I did notice some strange cloud behaviour when I teleported to Pallas, maybe because I have EVE Volumetrics?

Hide contents

SKlducu.png

OzVXriR.png

Also:

Hide contents

are Ferdinand's scatters supposes to be really really black? :)

2gYWuY3.png

Lastly, because I thought Eelo was really out of place between Jool and Salenne I put it in (a far) orbit of Poseidon (mostly because Salenne and Ulloom have more moons than Poseidon). A shot from the surface:

Hide contents

uUXAOvg.png

Maybe I'll try converting to parallax continued a shot, but I know next to nothing about planet modding modder so don't know how far I'll get:D

Awesome work!

Funny you mention it, I'm actually working on parallax continued support right now.

Specifically, making Pallas feel lifelike.

X0Pc4Sm.png

8 hours ago, smushanoob said:

Funny you mention it, I'm actually working on parallax continued support right now.

Specifically, making Pallas feel lifelike.

X0Pc4Sm.png

Great, I'll just wait then:cool:

Looking at your picture, what version of EVE/scatterer do you use? I wasn't quite sure what you meant by 'base' and 'normal' EVE.

On 9/17/2024 at 1:31 AM, modus said:

Hmm. Your clouds look quite different from mine, probably something I did wrong in the install (?)

I do love Pallas' kinda creepy, dark feel, excellent work!

The EVE clouds in my screenshot are from an unreleased version of KSE

Edited by smushanoob