[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

Oh come on! It's been away too looong. I've been here every day of rthe past week and nothing. Disappoint :(

May I remind you that I'm doing this for fun - it's not my job and you are not my boss. So if you want to motivate me, I would prefer this...

yEdh07v.jpg

...rather than angry comments :)

EDIT: Besides, I have also other projects:

x3ncwM0.jpg

Plus, I don't have unlimited time. Please remember that.

Edited by czokletmuss

Crusader Kings II

Much better than TW series if you ask me (and I played everything since first Medieval:TW). But let's not start OT please :)

You ought to do A CK2-EU4-All the other ones AAR, that might work.

Now, back to deconstructing the Norse Pagan, Ethnically East African Kingdom of Troy centered around The Aegean and modern Romania...

UPDATE

After serious problems with good old Grand Tour 0.22 folder and hours spent on fine-tuninng (that is, deleting every part, spaces or other file which isn't used by the GT save) I managed to shove off more or less 350MB of memory load. Now I can finally play in the Grand Tour save without crashes every hour - alas, the FPS is still low.

A0I2Wea.jpg

The good news is, it finally works. The save file is the same, so don't worry, there isn't any lack of continuity. Apart from lack of new chapter in the past two weeks (!). Please be patient a little more, the next release status is "pending" and it will come out Soon - this time for real :)

well that's always good when you can shave off a good hunk of ram usage, can't wait for the next chapter.

You won't have to wait long. :)

[ARCHIWUM] ???

Also do you have different mods on the KASA and SOVIET installs? Didn't think of that.

It's "archive" in English - 0.20.2 and 0.21 versions plus some old backup files. That way even if Grand Tour folder evaporates I can still finish the story using backup saves and 0.22.2 KSP.

Yup, I have to - my crappy laptop wouldn't handle all the mods at once. FASA aren't so bad but all of BobCat's and MrTheBull mods together are very memory-consuming.

What terrain detail level do you have? I find that with my integrated graphics, just looking at it murders the CPU. It can still be laggy when I look at the planet but not nearly as much as with detail on high. But if textures are on it still looks decent-ish.

WTF still no new chapter? It's been about a month now..........

Listen son, I'm getting real tired of your ****

Seriously, have you ever paid for this? No, I didn't think so. Even if you had donated to him, it is not binding him to do anything for you.

Think about this: Some guy shows up to you, and offers to mow your lawn freely. However one week he can't make it. Would you then go bananas on him ey?

If he couldnt for like 4 weeks in a row then yes, I would.

I was patient for a week, then 2, 3, but 4 is just crazy and there is no ETA

Last chapter was released on 16th November, 16 days ago. That's 2 weeks.

As much as I like writing this story, it doesn't pay my bills, so I can't dedicate all my time to it (no matter how cool it be to spend more time with "Proteus") - I have to work. Not that I'm complaining about donations - most AAR writers don't get a dime and I got a few (literally) bucks, so I'm fine. But please don't be rude - I have no obligation to write this story. In fact, instead of writing it I can do a lot of thing with my free time, even play recently bought on a Steam sale "Max Payne 3" or just take a nap.

And there won't be ETA ever, unless I feel confident in 100% that I can deliver the next chapter, which usually means that it's done and ready, so there's no point in ETA anyways.

TBH I'm considering pushing the release for 1-2 days for every... expression of entitlement like this.

Also, there are much nicer or more subtle/humorous ways to say that you are looking forward to the next release, especially seeing as it's been a little bit longer this time around, but "WTF" doesn't even give anyone the impression that you really want to stick around here.

And yes, it is still selfish to go publicly crazy even after 2 or 3 or 4 weeks for this sort of thing.

All writers suffer the demands of their readers czokletmuss. Just look at J. K. Rowling and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

But they shouldn't be abused and harrassed by members posting demands for updates and new chapters.

I myself have been tempted over the past week to ask when the next chapter will be posted; but have resisted (until now i guess ;).) I just say to myself check back tomorrow.

I must say the wait between chapters is almost unbearable; but makes each one so much more rewarding when they are posted. Besides there is no point having a cliff-hanger ending if the story continues to soonâ„¢. So i will continue to, as soon as I've read a chapter, want more. But, I have to accept that I must be patient and wait; space is vast and it must take awhile for the stories to get back to Kerbin after all.

Please keep up the hard work czokletmuss I'm sure the silent majority fully appriciate your hard work and supports you in your creative process. :D

Edited by peter1981
S.P.G.

If he couldnt for like 4 weeks in a row then yes, I would.

I was patient for a week, then 2, 3, but 4 is just crazy and there is no ETA

Then mow your own damn lawn. You want a story so bad, play the game and write it yourself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.