[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

Jeez Czo, take however long a break you want. Your safety is more important than the Grand Tour.

And a quick clarification; is Russia trying to occupy/annex Crimea just to expand its territory and infulence, or is this motivated by the fact that Crimea has a warm-water naval base and has military significance?

Stay safe, Czo!

Best wishes Czo. I spent ten years in the service and I more than understand where your focus is. Take care of yourself my friend. If you need anything, drop me a line. I'm halfway round the world but I'll do what I can.

And a quick clarification; is Russia trying to occupy/annex Crimea just to expand its territory and infulence, or is this motivated by the fact that Crimea has a warm-water naval base and has military significance?!

Nobody knows what they really are planning to do and that's what makes this whole situation so much more intense. Crimea issue is very complicated.

Best wishes Czo. I spent ten years in the service and I more than understand where your focus is. Take care of yourself my friend. If you need anything, drop me a line. I'm halfway round the world but I'll do what I can.

Thanks man. But it ain't that bad so far - there are rumors about military movements in Poland (KTO Rosomak spotted in several places on the road)but we're probably not going to do anything without NATO. And good, because if even a single Polish soldier is attacked, than NATO is attacked and if NATO is attacked, the nukes are being armed in Russia and USA.

But considering that we lost 20% of population (6mln people) in WWII and after the West decided that Central Europe is not worth dying for (Yalta Conference) our whole country has been moved 400 km on the map. Almost everyone has someone in the family killed or injured by the Soviets or their puppets during Cold War and since Russia was our greatest enemy since 17th century every single Pole understands the gravity of the situation. You can think about our governments attitude like this of Isreal minus the nukes - we won't let it happen again:

WARSAW-Poland's prime minister said on Sunday the conflict between Russia and Ukraine could get out of hand and spark a war, which the global community should prevent by putting "hard pressure" on Moscow.

"This conflict has every trace of a conflict that may precede a war; it's a conflict that engages all countries in the world," Donald Tusk told a news conference. "The consequences of this conflict may be profound even if we as the international community find a good solution."

Mr. Tusk said the situation in Ukraine is getting harder every day.

"It's a difficult moment in our history. It's not just a dramatic situation that might be solved with this or that initiative. This is a serious crisis that can weigh on the history of Poland, Ukraine and Europe," he said.

Russia's intervention in Crimea will prompt Poland to speed up modernizing its army, Mr. Tusk added. Poland said earlier it plans to spend 140 billion zloty ($45 billion) in the coming years to upgrade its military.

The country, which gets most of its natural gas and oil from Russia, will also accelerate work on its energy infrastructure, like a liquefied natural gas port, that can allow it to import resources from nations other than Russia, Mr. Tusk also said.

The Polish prime minister said the Russia-Ukraine conflict may eventually increase risks for Poland.

"Today there's no direct risk at all for Poland or our borders. There's no reason to instill such concern. But a permanent destabilization or disintegration of Ukraine--a version of civil war or an intervention--would mean in the longer run a bigger threat to Poland because we would become a border state with a hot territory next door," he said.

"We want no hypocrisy in Europe regarding Crimea," Mr. Tusk said. "Europe must act rationally but firmly. There must not for a moment be any impression that the international community accepts such modes of operation presented over the past few days, announcements of the use of power against Ukraine."

The Polish leader said the West can't be helpless toward Russia.

"There's no doubt we're witnessing an attempt to gain control through destabilization, military control or interference in many countries around Russia. If we have problems with the signing of an association agreement between the European Union and Moldova, it's because Russian troops station on parts of Moldova's territory. If Georgia is a country that at least for some time lost territory, that's because Russia was engaged."

He said the West must communicate to Russia its actions will lead to setbacks for Moscow or President Vladimir Putin will be encouraged to escalate his actions.

"If the international community pretends that nothing's going on, sooner or later this policy will escalate and Ukraine will be threatened as a state. The only method to stop Russia and avoid conflicts in this part of the world is hard pressure and perseverance."

Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20140302-700628.html

So yeah, $50bln more for the military in the next few years. And we have a decent army with experience from Iraq and Afghanistan, ranked quite high by GFP - actually higher than this of Spain, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Mexico or like 80 other countries. And we even have more tanks than Germany right now... Besides, for the first times in years leaders of all the parties support PM Tusk in 100% in respect to what's going on and even the leader of the opposition who for 5 years ignored every meeting or invitation from the president showed up there yesterday. So we are really serious about all this.

Okay, something to light up the mood becaue I'm getting more nervous:

smJnMoT.png

Edited by czokletmuss

Oh, I forgot about Kalliningrad...

That representation is PROBABLY what is going to happen, Poland in the lead while towing Romania. :) The army over here isn't exactly the best, and most of our troops are in the Middle East.

Amen.

Also, aren't we braking the forum rules?

I wonder what is Jeb's position on this whole Ukraine situation. And if something pisses me off, is when people say "The Ukraine". Very few countries need "the" before their name, one of the few is the US (see?)

Oh, I forgot about Kalliningrad...

That representation is PROBABLY what is going to happen, Poland in the lead while towing Romania. :) The army over here isn't exactly the best, and most of our troops are in the Middle East.

Amen.

Also, aren't we braking the forum rules?

Probably but I'm thankful to the mods that they didn't delete it - it's a real thing, not some ranting about this or that political party.

Best luck Czo. I know from my father's stories how was the situation during the 80s with the Lybians raining Scuds on Lampedusa, and I remember the Yugoslavian wars, and the NATO intevention in Lybia.

Keep safe, you and your family.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.