[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

I haven't read this for a while so I wounder, what does Jeb mean when he says that he won't let the Proteus end up like the Icarus: by falling in flames though the atmosphere?

He was referring to the Icarus.

EDIT: To those of you who follow my CK2 AAR, the next chapter is up:

Have fun! :)

Edited by czokletmuss

As much as the atmosphere allows at least.

Yup. After all:

In the Grim Darkness of the Crumbling Europe, there is only War.

It is the 1st millennium since the coming of Christ. For more than a thousand years the Roman Empire has stood, ruled from Constantinople. The Basileus is the Lord of innumerable lands by the Will of God and the might of his inexhaustible armies.

Mighty fleets cross the wide seas and vast armies give battle in his name on far lands. Greatest among his soldiers are the Imperial Tagmata, professional soldiers trained for war. Their comrades in arms are legion: levies and conscripts from the Themata, and the Brotherhood of the Sepulchre to name only a few. But for all their multitudes, they are barely enough to defend the Empire from heretics, heathens and invaders.

To live in these times is to be one amongst millions, it is to live in a collapsing, warring continent. These are the tales of these times. Forget the promise of progress and understanding for much is forgotten, never to be relearned. There is no peace amongst Men, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of heathen gods.

But hey, it wasn't me - the game played itself that way. I only adjusted the narrative to fit the grimdark mood :)

But hey, it wasn't me - the game played itself that way. I only adjusted the narrative to fit the grimdark mood :)

I was surprised to find something with more grimdark than the Grand Tour here. :wink: Well done with the CK2 one, I like how in character you get there. Reads like a really good history book (and not a boring textbook).

Well, hurrah and huzzah!

I've been waiting on that one for a fair bit.

Yeah, it took some time between the updates - I'm glad it's released too.

I was surprised to find something with more grimdark than the Grand Tour here. :wink: Well done with the CK2 one, I like how in character you get there. Reads like a really good history book (and not a boring textbook).

History is the most intersting story there is IMHO :) Thank you very much and hey, in GT we're dealing with one mission whether in CK2 we're dealing with titanic struggle across the whole Europe. It's only natural that levels of grimdark are off the charts. Plus "This Is Madnes" has this unique flavor thanks to the vast amounts of HERESY!

heresyveinpopping.png

BTW if anyone is interested - there is -75% sale on GMG for Crusader Kings II right now. But check whether you will get Steam keys!

Edited by czokletmuss

Those cool looking fusion cores, what mod is that?
I believe they're called z-pinch fusion engines, but they are an old version made for 0.18 and are currently buried deep in the forums. Then again, I vaguely remember someone having updated it to the latest version since then...

Yup, they are avaible here thanks to Bengsch85: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67869-23-Bengsch-Industries-Parts-%28Leucome-Fusion-Engines%29

By the way, there is a new chapter of my CK2 AAR released!

I had technical problems with the game (remember the Hell Kraken from the last chapter?) but now it seems to be working fine. I've made enough screenshots for the next updated (chapter 61), so all I need is some time to write it down. No ETA but this week you may... no, no ETA :P

In the meantime please be patient and - if you want to - donate if you enjoy the story. I've got more than 3000 files on imgur so I'm gonna need the premium account sometime in the future or I'm going to have some problems with my secret project.

By the way, there is a new chapter of my CK2 AAR released!
I like your CK2 AAR and I do not even play that game!

On the topic of this AAR, I have found Rozer's favorite hobby:explosive aerobraking.

Edited by mdatspace

I like your CK2 AAR and I do not even play that game!

Rozer's favorite hobby:extreme aerobraking.

Thanks :) Speaking of which, there is yet another new chapter released:

EDIT: Thanks to Rhyunix his awesome artwork received some small corrections and is now even cooler - take a look for yourself:

qQ79jRd.png

Thank you Rhyunix! :) BTW as you can easily tell "Proteus" changed a little since the time this artwork was made...

Edited by czokletmuss

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.