where should I start

Momadance

I have around 650 hours in ksp. both dlcs, but no mods. my computer is a MacBook Air which I don't know how well it would handle any mods that have major effects on any part of the computer. I want some cool mods that would spice up the ksp1 experience without strain on my computer, while still staying "stockalike". preferably anything that helps graphics that won't cause my computer to explode, space station parts, planetary base parts, maybe even a mod that makes Kerbals more like humans in that they need to do human things like eat and sleep and walk around.

even if I didn't list it, If you know a mod that's cool and not too far from the base game , please share. 

apologies for the horrendously formed sentences. 

Well there are a ton.

For kerbals needing to sleep and eat, Kerbalism’s got your back

Walking around in your spaceship? Try FreeIva

Space station and planetary base parts? How about trying HabTech 2,  Planetside Exploration Technologies , Stockalike Station Parts Redux , and a ton of other ones.

And if you want more planets, why not try mine or OPM?

Mine is a link in sig.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Kerbin said:

Well there are a ton.

Space station and planetary base parts? How about trying HabTech 2,  Planetside Exploration Technologies , Stockalike Station Parts Redux , and a ton of other ones.

Mine is a link in sig.

sick. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Kerbin said:

Well there are a ton.

Mine is a link in sig.

question about the tech tree. will this add extra nodes to the tech tree or is that a whole different thing altogether?

Edited by Momadance

2 minutes ago, Mr. Kerbin said:

They only add more parts to the prebuilt tech tree.

But, if you want a bigger tech tree, Community Tech Tree’s got you.

However, not all mods are compatible with it.

thats cool

2 minutes ago, arbsoup said:

Restock is such a wonderful mod for making all the parts look so much more coherent together.

making a list of mods rn

12 minutes ago, Mr. Kerbin said:

They only add more parts to the prebuilt tech tree.

But, if you want a bigger tech tree, Community Tech Tree’s got you.

However, not all mods are compatible with it.

if the mods aren't compatible, will it still add those parts into a node?

don't mean to bother you, but I have a modlist and would like your opinion. I have only  8gb of ram so this might be pushing it. 

snacks.planetary base systems, stock alike station parts, stage recovery , all the near futures and ctt

in terms of graphics (where I think my ram will die trying): 

just spectra and scatterer. 

@Mr. Kerbin

Being honest, BolderCo is probably better than Spectra-  it only uses prebuilt textures, and Spectra has more textures. While this may not seem like much, BoulderCo works without EVE, while Spectra needs it. Spectra has a folder you need to insert for Scatterer use.

But I have 32 gigs of DDR4 ram, so my benchmark is 

1. How low are you willing to go on FPS?

2. How hot does your computer feel? If the answer is “Always burning hot” then go down on the mods.

3. Can you wait for the waiting time? (More mods you get, longer the game will take to load)

Edited by Mr. Kerbin

8 minutes ago, Mr. Kerbin said:

Being honest, BolderCo is probably better than Spectra-  it only uses prebuilt textures, and Spectra has more textures. While this may not seem like much, BoulderCo works without EVE, while Spectra needs it. Spectra has a folder you need to insert for Scatterer use.

2. How hot does your computer feel? If the answer is “Always burning hot” then go down on the mods.

3. Can you wait for the waiting time? (More mods you get, longer the game will take to load)

I will install all the mods soon and do those various tests. I'm willing to go pretty low on fps and I'm very patient in terms of loading screens

14 minutes ago, Mr. Kerbin said:

should I just stick to eve and scatterer for planetary visuals?

12 hours ago, Mr. Kerbin said:

Well -another thing- OPM has custom science defs, biomes, etc. It is generally better.

There is also OPX and Kerbol System Expansion.

I would advise the reader that parts of OPX cannot function without OPM, and that the mods are by no means complete. Thanks for the advertisement, though!