The Fallen One - MS-06 El Diablo

DI5RWHJ.jpg

UN3LYn9.jpg

wdChaad.jpg

mcloMjt.jpg

IUjIC7B.jpg

AmE3SGQ.jpg

Description

Reports of a Large Red Machine have made the rounds in the enclaves. Superstitious stories of some El Diablo the natives of Duna mentioned in classic stories of the old wars of 25th century. Some say its just old tales while some truth to them. It is said that the Pilot sold his soul in order to survive a Orbital Bombardment that set Duna back to its old dusty red days. Stories said that the reason the Bombardment took place was becasue El Diablo decimated the armies at that time with is supernatual-like weapons of destruction. Some said that Pilot soul was merged with that Demonic Machine to this day and still roams this rusted planet. Apearing out of the constant dust storms that plauge the planet and taking unsuspecting victims in his wake. These stories are just that stories and there is no way that that Demon could have survived to this day. or did it?

“A faint deep Kerbal voice

!ATNAVEL ES OLBAID EL¡

This is my Biggest and Best Mobile Mech that I have made so far :)

This is a Fully Stock Craft with DLC from the main game (still stock). Requires no mods but if you would like the Devilish look make sure to download Textures Unlimited, Textures Unlimited Recolour Depot (TURD), Lazy Painter (optional). I hope you have as much fun as I have!

El Diablo true to its name is a Intimidating machine. Has some kal characteristics with a few of my other mech designs to keep a cohesive and familair control with some new editions primarly being flight characteristic changes.

as usual here are the operation instructions:

Press SAS on When spawning in. Radial in for up right stability. Press Action Group 2 to start walking. When you want to stop press Action Group 1. When you want to exit the Mech press eith er Action Group 3 (when on a high gravity world) or Action Group 4 (to kneel), then press G to open Mech Cockpit.

Flight Mode

NOTE: When on a lower gravity body please use RCS for stability!

Press H and N keys to Lower and Raise the Booster Pack for Flight.

for upward momentum keep BP at 90 degrees. for forward flight make sure you have enough clearance form ground and hold H keep until both Booster Noozels seperate from each other forming a V. This happens fast but very smoothly to not allow the Mech to flip but be careful as this can still occur.

Fire Mode

Press the I and N keys to lower and raise the arms of the mech. At 50% on KAl will have arms in a 90 degree and closed. Raise arms all the way to open cannons ready to fire. Press Stage to fire cannons (note if docked with a ship make sure to delete action group for fireworks until undocked). J and L will Lift arms Horizonally and also turn the Mono eye (also behind the mono eye is a docking port that can be used will hullcam or similar to be able to FPV from mono eye

ACTION GROUPS

AG1: to Stand
AG2: to Walk (adjust this to the planetary body you are on based on is gravity)
AG3: Sit and Stand animation (Note: can sit on objects and use this to start tilting forward. Once in position, you can hit AG1 to stand up if you fall over.
AG4: Kneel ( used to conserve energy. Once in a kneeling position, you can turn off SAS Use this to also let Kerbals board and onboard
AG5: Toggle Thrusters on and off
AG6 Shielded Gun Mode

AG 0 Toggle off all robotic kal motors

A stock aircraft called MS-06 El Diablo. Built with 599 of the finest parts, its root part is structuralIBeam3.

Built in the SPH in KSP version 1.12.5.