Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

Made this one a while ago already. Prolly pretty standard compared to the designs I see around here. Didnt use it much, but it was fun to create, considering I havent made many rovers yet. :)

I wish there were more reasons to use rovers in career etc...

DgPAptC.jpg

w2drZLp.jpg

3D4ZJFX.jpg

cGUWOZM.jpg

I've made some cool rovers, these are just some of my initial chassis designs, the complete cars are all on my thread though as they are videos and I dont want to spam the posts with Videos :)

KcYZvEB.png

I decided that Kerbin lacks 4WD small Pickup Trucks

But not any 4WD small Pickup Trucks, DARK AND GRITTY 4WD SMALL PICKUP TRUCKS! Because... that combo always works!

Meet the D-15 Shunter!

rkCGEdQ.png

riCHqpY.png

You wouldn't want to encounter that in a dark alley!

Points for you if you can find the thing that it is based off of.

Edited by KotDemopan

How do you keep this thing from falling apart or tipping over?

I put gyros in all my rovers - this one has 2. (little brown ones)

Choosing the grey wheels may not have been my most clever move, their grip is very strong, and when you brake nothing will prevent tipping over (but the gyro easily recovers it)

Just to give it a little more exposure...

The USRV Mk4

3LtFzdD.jpg?1

WMwh9FR.jpg?1

Nice and stable, as long as you don't turn too hard at speed, and can drive all over the Mun/Minmus if you've got the patience. I've built it as science-cheap as possible, but it still needs like two thirds of the tech tree.

Anyway, link here.

My 1st post and my silly little science buggy/hotrod v1.0.

Requires several mods: Infernal Robotics, KAS, Universal Storage and another that allows science storage...... don't remember the name.

Infernal robotics was used originally to fold up the wheels to make it more compact for transport. However, I also set it up to widen the wheel base for stability and also allows the rover to flip it self over in the event of a rollover.

KAS/Universal storage to pack science equipment or whatever else. Universal Storage also has a fuel cell, so that was added as well. Has electrical power that will last long after the rover is no longer needed.

I have only tested it on the airfield in an attempt to break it, have only manage to pop tires and even that is a rare event. Plan on making it more compact somehow. Either way, I'm pretty proud of it so far. :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

• 3 weeks later...

942F0FBB413575C4DB7D056804E19E1FBBB17733

Mintech brings you "Epsilon Rover" sporting 5 ion thrusters. 4 on the back and one on the bottom with cruising speeds of 59 m/s and acceleration at 3.5 m/s and capable of hovering for at least 2 hours. Also check out the Celeron rover video rover that was pre ION engine buff.

skip to 3.31 for most of the close ups on rover itself. Edited by mintme
Few extras

Really ought to post this here too.

This is my Duna rover, "Ice Dentist", featuring a self-righting mechanism that allows it to be recovered and returned to Kerbin or some other place or whatever.

REAnyDH.png

NcgLaqV.png

srD4qRv.png

aP2nJBu.png

reL6paC.png

NCxu4Sy.png

Wow! Nearly all of your rovers are so... PRACTICAL!

After sitting on something for a while, my friends have convinced me to post this.

I have never gone in for the mathematical aspect of KSP. I essentially fly by failure - try, fail, modify my design, try again.

I much prefer the creative side of KSP.

After several successful return trips with science vessels to Mun and Minmus and Duna and a one way trip to Eve, I decided to do something different.

I was going to build a REAL munar rover!

Introducing Bessie:

The goal is to put her on the moon. I'm at around 150 launch attempts and counting.

I have MANY failure screenshots!

Wow! Nearly all of your rovers are so... PRACTICAL!

After sitting on something for a while, my friends have convinced me to post this.

I have never gone in for the mathematical aspect of KSP. I essentially fly by failure - try, fail, modify my design, try again.

I much prefer the creative side of KSP.

After several successful return trips with science vessels to Mun and Minmus and Duna and a one way trip to Eve, I decided to do something different.

I was going to build a REAL munar rover!

Introducing Bessie:

The goal is to put her on the moon. I'm at around 150 launch attempts and counting.

I have MANY failure screenshots!

Holy crap! That space cow is awesome! Very creative, and I hope you find a way to get her to the Mun. LOL! Very nice! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some of my upcoming tanks:

JgTiger

Info:

-389 Parts

-Costs 233035

Halftrack

Panther Tank

Some info:

-Has suspension, obviously

-Features one of my new extremely detailed engine

-Is made up of 374 parts

-Costs 226270 in career mode

-Features no working weapons (To make it 3+ on the age recommendation :P )

Is this for Stock Rovers?

Well if it is i am sorry, but here are a few that i enjoy using, and a special thanks to spanner monkey for his work on the wheels!

a>

and of course the bushwhacker variant,

a>

Corporal Vasquez

USCSM/KSCSM 8th BMTS Sulaco.

It looks sooo flipin cool!:D

Is this for Stock Rovers?

Well if it is i am sorry, but here are a few that i enjoy using, and a special thanks to spanner monkey for his work on the wheels!

a>

and of course the bushwhacker variant,

a>

Corporal Vasquez

USCSM/KSCSM 8th BMTS Sulaco.

Wow is that the thing of aliens? because it sure looks like it

I think i can give you a bit of tips:

1. I find the name a bit... bland. Surely you have some creativity, and the ability to use capitalisation.

2. VAB is the worse place for creating rovers if you ask me, Rovers are meant to be created in the SPH i feel.

3. Why is there liquid fuel on the rover again? all the rovers on Kerbin are fully electric, and i don't see a docking port/claw thing anywhere.

4. PB-NUK RTGs exist, and i feel that they are infinitely more useful than solar panels. i usually use solar panels to detail my vehicles rather than using them for power.

5. I think the front "Plow" is based off of the Plows from HOCgaming's KPE rovers.

6. I prefer putting on some seats, and then putting on a Probe for autonomous control. Saves a bit of time. And sometimes i just take a command pod which i put on a decoupler and then put some seperatrons on it to just easily get kerbals in the rover and get rid of the pod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.