An open letter to Squad

MacMan131

I'm happy that the forums are back up. It felt wrong not to visit the forums daily.

But I'm a little disappointed about the informations we get. What is the status of 0.20, was it on hold while they were busy on the forums?

No Devstream or communitystream since 10 days?!?

What is going on? Are you still shocked about the forum-crash and expansion-apokalypse?!?

Its just that I'm loving your game and I am in need for some infos.

Cheers :-)

That's what I am talking about, nothing but guesswork... Also: I think that your first statement is wrong.

Community managers and forum mods are unpaid volunteers, as are the secret squirrel test staff. Only the actually developers are paid members of Squad.

Or so I had been told at the time.

I agree 100%! No livestream, and no post on kerbalspaceprogram.com. And now that the forum is back there is no weekly update not that he would put too much work into those anyway. Would be interesting to know if the devs were still able to code for the game or if they were all working on the forums. I thought the community manager would be employed and payed by squad to inform us... sad kerbal :(

Still it's nice that the forum is back, eventhough a ton of content is forever gone... along with it more that 300 of my posts and a thread I worked on for three weeks that can't even be restored via google cache. I think I won't be spending too much time here in the future, at least not activly.

With all due respect to you and your opinions, that is ultimately your loss. It is not the fault of the devs, the forum mods, or the community manager that their forums came under attack. And to clarify, it wasn't just KSP that was attacked; the BotNet attack that caused this damaged hundreds if not thousands of websites, apparently. Someone being a dick on the net at home ruined everyone else's fun.

I would ask that everyone who rejoins these forums to keep a positive attitude and outlook. Things are only being delayed; imagine if the attack had affected the team's internal hardware, and wiped clean the next update as well. That would truly be something to mourn.

That said, I am so glad that they were able to recover as much as they did. True KSP fans will soon have the forums repopulated, and this bump in the road will be patched up and forgotten.

Capt'n Skunky and Damion Rayne are employed by Squad.

I have no idea about the status of KSP TV or KSP Weekly, but as we're all very busy here getting the Forums back in order, I wouldn't hold your breath. :wink:

Keep an eye out for Damion's weekly updates on Tuesday, but I think everyone can understand that Squad have a lot to deal with right now :)

He missed out the update on the 16th! This means we get double content this time!

(The above is kind of tongue-in-cheek. I do hope we get some gameplay screenshots though!)

I agree 100%! No livestream, and no post on kerbalspaceprogram.com. And now that the forum is back there is no weekly update not that he would put too much work into those anyway. Would be interesting to know if the devs were still able to code for the game or if they were all working on the forums. I thought the community manager would be employed and payed by squad to inform us... sad kerbal :(

Still it's nice that the forum is back, eventhough a ton of content is forever gone... along with it more that 300 of my posts and a thread I worked on for three weeks that can't even be restored via google cache. I think I won't be spending too much time here in the future, at least not activly.

FFS can you guys stop whining! Now when we finaly have the forum up you instantly demand pics and videos?! Its up to you if you wont be active here anymore.. we wont miss you!

The upper level staff has been very busy trying to coordinate the repair effort and dealing with the fallout of it.

I think we can be okay with missing one weekly event to give them a much needed break or let them concentrate on more important issues- like the abundance of bugs in the forum.

They'll get back to holding events soon enough.

FFS can you guys stop whining! Now when we finaly have the forum up you instantly demand pics and videos?! Its up to you if you wont be active here anymore.. we wont miss you!

Yeah, they're trying there best, still working on everything as much as possible. Give them some time.

I for one have not been happy with how secretive they've been, and feel like they've been trying to sweep many issues under the proverbial rug. I think the devs have gotten far too swept up in the PR hurricane and it's affecting their ability to focus and be honest with us.

Remember that SQUAD and the KSP dev team are two different entities entirely.

I for one have not been happy with how secretive they've been, and feel like they've been trying to sweep many issues under the proverbial rug. I think the devs have gotten far too swept up in the PR hurricane and it's affecting their ability to focus and be honest with us.

Remember that SQUAD and the KSP dev team are two different entities entirely.

Squad is a very small company, I imagine the KSP dev team are employees thus are part of Squad.

I believe they have told us the issues, plus I imagine there is some restrictions on disclosing some information.

Squad is a very small company, I imagine the KSP dev team are employees thus are part of Squad.

I believe they have told us the issues, plus I imagine there is some restrictions on disclosing some information.

Remember though that earlier in development they were much more willing to share information with us and see the progress.

All we've gotten so far for .20 is "we're doing resources maybe, stop asking"

Why be so secretive? There's nobody to steal their ideas nor would there be legal reasons to disclose development progress. keep us connected instead of pushing us away.

Remember though that earlier in development they were much more willing to share information with us and see the progress.

All we've gotten so far for .20 is "we're doing resources maybe, stop asking"

Why be so secretive? There's nobody to steal their ideas nor would there be legal reasons to disclose development progress. keep us connected instead of pushing us away.

I believe they are under a Non-disclosure agreement meaning they cannot just release information without proper permissions, without violating their contracts.

It's common in game development

Or maybe they want to surprise us.

Or maybe they are busy.

Don't complain, you should be glad this game even exists, and be glad that they even keep developing it. They could just call it quits, you know.

I believe they are under a Non-disclosure agreement meaning they cannot just release information without proper permissions, without violating their contracts.

It's common in game development

Yes but in this situation what practicality is there to it? Like you said they're a small company, their game has zero competition, what is there that warrants this?

The only reason I can think of is that they're doing something behind our backs or cutting planned features.

The only reason I can think of is that they're doing something behind our backs or cutting planned features.

You should have a more positive outlook about this, they don't have to share jack **** with us if they don't want to. I for one am happy they share anything with us about the game.

Or maybe they want to surprise us.

Or maybe they are busy.

Don't complain, you should be glad this game even exists, and be glad that they even keep developing it. They could just call it quits, you know.

Uhm, I'm the customer, I'm the one feeding them. If I paid for this game, and have been promised this this and this, and suddenly the dev turns around and rather passive-aggressively says too bad so sad we have your money now, that's okay? What Markus Persson did is okay in your mind?

Yes but in this situation what practicality is there to it? Like you said they're a small company, their game has zero competition, what is there that warrants this?

Well I think Squad is based in Brazil yet the KSP devs are in like US and UK. The fact isn't about a conspiracy to cut things, they are simply under an NDA.

But still I imagine they are just busy fixing everything.

Well I think Squad is based in Brazil yet the KSP devs are in like US and UK. The fact isn't about a conspiracy to cut things, they are simply under an NDA.

But still I imagine they are just busy fixing everything.

I really hope this is the case then because I've seen many many times this exact situation go south and ruin everything.

You weren't promised anything except for future updates of the game. What is or is not included in those updates is entirely up to the dev team.

You need to learn to be patient and WAIT, I'm sure they will share what they can.

I really hope this is the case then because I've seen many many times this exact situation go south and ruin everything.

Dude, this is forum issues not game Dev issues. Damien and his team are the ones working on the Community they are not Game Devs, the dev team work on the game and the community team work on the community.