(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

Eagle news: Can't use the engines from the MK2 release on the Spaceport as Devo made them "old style" and did not include the thrust vectors in unity, so I can't modify those to use monoprop, or anything else... Not to worry tho!!! I stashed away the old copies of the resource using engines that I mailed Devo a while back, so we are in business! :cool: Working on getting the balance right...

Also, Since Devo has made us a new awesome and HUGE ship, we need something to put in it, right? May I suggest this! (in keeping with the SciFi theme :D ) Imagine Rolling around on the Mun in THIS!

QDaCB06.jpg

sweet! Damnation Alley.

I apologise for using a hopscotch reply with colours, but you took the time to write such a detailed post, it's probably better if I answer it like so.

Thanks for the awesome reply and taking the time to do it! Not many people are as dedicated to their fans as you are :)

Thanks for the tip on Hydrotech. I've installed it and it works great.

I'm using KSP 0.20.2 and I'm really glad to hear that you're still planning on continuing your work on this fine ship!

XT

Not to mention it's amphibious (hint).

You know the Px2 can do 250m/s in the water :) I often go by sea to the other runway as its a nice direct trip from the KSC.

Wayland Corp. Update

A busy busy week here. I have been trying to divvy up my time equally in between things rather than chopping and changing. The Serenity is going well but slow, as it is a lot of reference shot checking and remodeling at the moment, so not a lot more to show on that front. Besides getting the lighting the way I want it I think I have the hang of custom IVA's now, so I decided to re-visit the dropship and APC and do the IVA's finally for them too. Good news for Sulaco fans I have decided to not let the months and months of work go to waste and finally release it. The Sulaco will be released with the new Dropship and APC so it is the way I always wanted, all 3 in one pack and all deployable from the Sulaco. All is going well and on track for a release very soon.

Infernal Robotics / Magic Smoke Industries

Have been more interested in working on the parts than posting screenshots and videos. I think I have now lost count of the amount of new parts I have made, they just need a solid test and few more textures and then they are off to Sirkut for approval and hopefully the animator can be in your hands soon, there is a couple of small things that need fixing with it but all-in-all it's an outstanding plugin from Sirkut.

If you have not been following the other thread, the MSI Animator plugin is a new plugin that allows you to individually and incrementally control all animations on any animated part. Of course, the part.cfg needs to be altered for the plugin to work (or of course a new part you make has the correct new Module in the part.cfg) but it is really a pretty cool plugin. One of the main applications of it is to allow you to change the height of lander legs to suit the terrain. You can adjust them individually now and increase or decrease their height separately. This plugin is also due for release very soon, obviously not in this thread but just follow the link in my sig, it will be in there when its ready)

Old mods to be updated

I am slowly updating old mods, but truth be told some of them probably are not in use anymore, so unless there is a specific mod people want brought back, I am going to kull a few of the older mods I've made, it just gets a bit much sometimes when there is so much to update so I'll just stick with the few popular ones and keep them going, ie the Pegasus, eagle, the egg, mechpod, eagle , freelancer stuff.

Emails and PM's are plentiful from this place lol.. and a question I avoided a lot was "what happened to the magnatech pack" well, simply put, ran out of steam. I had about 5 great ideas and then the inspiration left me.

I will put the hover wheels out tonight. They work, they are fun to play with but never will be what I wanted and that was a self contained monowheel with a kerbal inside. It's a very simple yet complex problem. A Kerbal cannot sit inside a wheel collider. It just cannot happen without some sort of plugin and that's more time I probably should be devoting to family stuff.

You know the Px2 can do 250m/s in the water :) I often go by sea to the other runway as its a nice direct trip from the KSC.

Wayland Corp. Update

A busy busy week here. I have been trying to divvy up my time equally in between things rather than chopping and changing. The Serenity is going well but slow, as it is a lot of reference shot checking and remodeling at the moment, so not a lot more to show on that front. Besides getting the lighting the way I want it I think I have the hang of custom IVA's now, so I decided to re-visit the dropship and APC and do the IVA's finally for them too. Good news for Sulaco fans I have decided to not let the months and months of work go to waste and finally release it. The Sulaco will be released with the new Dropship and APC so it is the way I always wanted, all 3 in one pack and all deployable from the Sulaco. All is going well and on track for a release very soon.

Infernal Robotics / Magic Smoke Industries

Have been more interested in working on the parts than posting screenshots and videos. I think I have now lost count of the amount of new parts I have made, they just need a solid test and few more textures and then they are off to Sirkut for approval and hopefully the animator can be in your hands soon, there is a couple of small things that need fixing with it but all-in-all it's an outstanding plugin from Sirkut.

If you have not been following the other thread, the MSI Animator plugin is a new plugin that allows you to individually and incrementally control all animations on any animated part. Of course, the part.cfg needs to be altered for the plugin to work (or of course a new part you make has the correct new Module in the part.cfg) but it is really a pretty cool plugin. One of the main applications of it is to allow you to change the height of lander legs to suit the terrain. You can adjust them individually now and increase or decrease their height separately. This plugin is also due for release very soon, obviously not in this thread but just follow the link in my sig, it will be in there when its ready)

Old mods to be updated

I am slowly updating old mods, but truth be told some of them probably are not in use anymore, so unless there is a specific mod people want brought back, I am going to kull a few of the older mods I've made, it just gets a bit much sometimes when there is so much to update so I'll just stick with the few popular ones and keep them going, ie the Pegasus, eagle, the egg, mechpod, eagle , freelancer stuff.

Emails and PM's are plentiful from this place lol.. and a question I avoided a lot was "what happened to the magnatech pack" well, simply put, ran out of steam. I had about 5 great ideas and then the inspiration left me.

I will put the hover wheels out tonight. They work, they are fun to play with but never will be what I wanted and that was a self contained monowheel with a kerbal inside. It's a very simple yet complex problem. A Kerbal cannot sit inside a wheel collider. It just cannot happen without some sort of plugin and that's more time I probably should be devoting to family stuff.

Excellent news. Still hoping for that new forklift though :D

i'm sorry if this has already been mentioned (in a rush atm!) but i'm finding the pegasus x2 difficult to fly outside of the atmosphere, the rcs nozzles don't seem to work when there is no atmosphere and it just tumbles all over the place! is this something you intended or have i got a bugged download? :S cheers!

i'm sorry if this has already been mentioned (in a rush atm!) but i'm finding the pegasus x2 difficult to fly outside of the atmosphere, the rcs nozzles don't seem to work when there is no atmosphere and it just tumbles all over the place! is this something you intended or have i got a bugged download? :S cheers!
I only put a few RCS nozzles on the craft with the kit, put some more on it for when you are out of the atmosphere. When you say they dont work you mean they don't fire for you? as you can see from the part config, the ISP is actually higher when you exit kerbin, so if anything they should be on and consume less fuel for you, there is nothing in there to stop them working in space, i'd maybe be looking at other mods or plugins you have installed that might affect your RCS.

I also started some small work on the WT-52. This won't just transport vehicles, it is designed to transport habitats that house vehicles. Pay no attention to much going on here, it's just the first draft really

image.php?id=1F30_52216E77&jpg

Edited by Devo

I'll chip in that the Pegasus RCS thrusters are almost hilariously powerful. If they aren't allowing you to maneuver, you've got some other issues, especially considering how light the Pegasus is for its size.
hehe yeah pretty much. I did try with lower power but the reason for the strong output is lateral movement. When you are hovering with the VTOlS pointing down straight and you want to point the craft in a certain direction, I was getting bored waiting for the RCS to push me left or right when I pushed A or D. So, with higher power comes more maneuverability, and seeing as its a sci fi craft, hey why not! :)

I like the updates to the PX-2... However I miss the mechjeb engines :(

So do I but that's what happens when developers stop updating plugins. I tried to fix it but it's just beyond me to be honest, maybe one day again we will have a good engine control mod like that. There probably is already we just don't know about it.

I felt like putting something out, I've been a bit ill so not done much the past few days, but this is a fun one..

image.php?id=B735_5225EDFC&jpg

Spaceport Download

Edited by Devo

So do I but that's what happens when developers stop updating plugins. I tried to fix it but it's just beyond me to be honest, maybe one day again we will have a good engine control mod like that. There probably is already we just don't know about it.I felt like putting something out, I've been a bit ill so not done much the past few days, but this is a fun one..
Have you tried using the Kerbcom Avionics plugin? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/29387-0-21-x-KerbCom-Avionics-0-3-0-6-Alpha-%2829-August%29-now-with-video%21

So do I but that's what happens when developers stop updating plugins. I tried to fix it but it's just beyond me to be honest, maybe one day again we will have a good engine control mod like that. There probably is already we just don't know about it.

I felt like putting something out, I've been a bit ill so not done much the past few days, but this is a fun one..

Spaceport Download

Had to use Dio huh? Great choice!

Please forgive me for what I repeat my bad English, I meant to add a point in the cargo compartments of Pegasus for subsequent attaching the docking port.

What you want is an attachment node, right? You know, the standard and junior docking ports can be attached without nodes - just attach them to the inside of the bay, like if you would attach them to a fuel tank. Also, your english isn't bad - or, at least, it's definitely in the good half of this forum.

@SomethingEntirelyDifferent:

That launch tower looks cool. Do you think I could launch small rockets from there? Also, I have to learn how to model, so that I can make an airship port for HooliganLab's airship mod.

What you want is an attachment node, right? You know, the standard and junior docking ports can be attached without nodes - just attach them to the inside of the bay, like if you would attach them to a fuel tank. Also, your english isn't bad - or, at least, it's definitely in the good half of this forum.@SomethingEntirelyDifferent:That launch tower looks cool. Do you think I could launch small rockets from there? Also, I have to learn how to model, so that I can make an airship port for HooliganLab's airship mod.
Yes, its a launch tower, just select it to launch from either the VAB or SPH, works fine for both.The only thing to be aware of it was designed for VTOL mainly, so the launch node is over the side of the pad, not in the dead center. If you put the node in the dead center, and you load up something like the pegasus, the cockpit spawns in the center, but the rest of the ship hangs over the edge, so the node is offset for a reason, but should be ok for most rockets as long as they are not too large.

Spaceport Download

I love this mod, but please move the launch tower away from the runway and add a ramp on the frond entrance! Please fix the collision meshes, and the elevator! The elevator needs to stay longer on the ground so we can drive in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.