Where did you hear of KSP?

ThatBum

I thought this would be a unifying subject to talk about: what brought you here?

I myself first saw KSP from kurtjmac. At first I ignored it and watched FLoB, but then I sort of got into it and watched him crash a bunch of times. I narrowed my eyes and thought, "...I can do better than that." I then got the demo (this was around the middle of 0.18.4's lifetime, so the newer demo existed at the time). I was instantly hooked and got the game a couple days after.

I saw a few of my friends posting what looked like "boring" screenshots of the game on Facebook, and I was intrigued as to why they were so ecstatic about just getting something into orbit around some random planet. Got the demo, never looked back.

I may have mentioned this before, but if not: my brother bought Simcity, a game I was really looking forward to. I played a little with him and quickly discovered what a trainwreck it was/is. So I hopped onto their forums to see what was going on and lo and behold, someone mentioned what a fine, upstanding game KSP is. The rest is history. It must be a yin/yang thing since bad things are balanced by good things!

I was watching a video of a speech Elon Musk gave at Oxford in November (http://www.oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/videos/view/211), where someone in the audience asked if he had ever played KSP. Evidently some of his employees do, but I guess he hadn't. If whoever asked that question is on here, thanks! Though my advisor and girlfriend may have some disapproving words for you...

Edit: whoops it wasn't the Oxford speech, it was the Royal Aeronautical Society speech from around the same time,

- I'll leave the other link there since it's an interesting talk too Edited by tavert

I saw a video by Maxwell Adams of him playing 0.8.4 (or rather, fail to play it). It looked fun, so I downloaded it. The Mun was introduced not long after, and I invested in KSP pretty much right after. Was definitely worth the asking price.

Was searching for an alternative to orbiter where you could edit your spacecraft this crept up on a google search and was free at the time.. played for a while then upgraded to the full version as soon as t was released... best $5-$10 or whatever it was initially priced at I ever spent

Edit: god I still remember when the only way to know you where in orbit was to check a spreadsheet... or look at the position of your pro grad marker and guess.

Edited by CtrlAltEL1TE

Saw it on Youtube & Googled Kerbal Space Program, bookmarked the Page, but didn't try the .19 Demo until I moved from Windows 8 Pro to Ubuntu, got hooked on it and bought the full game about a week or saw later.

Roland

Robbaz. Funniest you tuber I'm subscribed to.

Have an internet high five, my fellow Robbaz recruit!

I discovered it back in the 0.14's, downloaded the demo and finally bought the game after the release of 0.15. Best 15 bucks ever spent.

I have to admit I didn't hear about this game till I saw it on steam. Played the demo for 2 hrs then bang full game was bought, I play around 2-3 hrs every night and like to get a monster session in on one of the days over the weekend. I can see myself not playing another game for some time because of the scope of this game :)

I saw an episode of Farlands Or Bust one late night after a night shift. I was just about to fall asleep when Kurt started talking about his (then; brand new) KSP series. I switched over to his first KSP episode and didn't even get halfway through it before I'd installed the demo. A couple hours later I bought the game and played all through the night.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.