[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

I've definitely got 0.20.2, as I couldn't even start 0.20.1. Having said that, I have also verified it on "start game" screen.

Hmm... then that might be something BobCat needs to look at. I am using the build 2.0.8b56 of MechJeb which is newer than the 2.0.8 download they link to and has a few bugs ironed out form the original 2.0.8 release. There's a smaller link below in the 2.0.8 thread that points to 'Get Latest Builds' or similar, try going there. BACKUP everything before you try a dev. build, they aren't guaranteed to be stable. That might also help.

Ok, fatal error for me now though; I cannot open any Soviet Pack craft on the launcher without causing a fatal "Runtime Error" which crashes KSP entirely but doesn't generate an error log folder for me to trace the cause. This is using the latest KSP version. Does anyone know what is causing it? I'm wondering if there increasingly complex series of steps required has gone wrong somewhere, so can someone explain here, in simple format with links, which version of the minimal but most recent mods to get a working Soviet Buran/Kliper and Arm back from a clean install, so I can replicate them and make sure it's not a mod clash somewhere? Thanks!

Have you tried starting a new save game and loading there? I had an issue with 0.20.2 where a rocket I built using KW Rocketry parts went nuts (physics bug I think) and exploded into about 100 parts and crashed the game the physics slowed down so much. I think it was a strut or fuel line vs. physics issue. Anyway, I Couldn't load or launch anything in the game after that without it bugging out and/or crashing. I ended up backing up the Ships from the savegame and starting a new one (thankfully it was only my test environment for testing new rockets) and it all worked just fine.

does anyone want my fully assembled Mir .craft?

Why would anyone want to kill the major portion of fun that on-orbit assembly of Mir is? I've assembled it like 10 times already, in all kinds of orbits, including 51.6° where it actually was.

Why would anyone want to kill the major portion of fun that on-orbit assembly of Mir is? I've assembled it like 10 times already, in all kinds of orbits, including 51.6° where it actually was.

Maybe they'd want it in their VAB as a mock-up o see how it should be built, or to put it into space quickly for use as a film set for a KSP Cinematic?

DarthVader: Yes please. I use them as an assembly guide :D

BobCat: Sweetneeesss!!! It's looking awesome. Only question is was your Orion module still there when you switched back or did it explode? :P

Have you tried starting a new save game and loading there? I had an issue with 0.20.2 where a rocket I built using KW Rocketry parts went nuts (physics bug I think) and exploded into about 100 parts and crashed the game the physics slowed down so much. I think it was a strut or fuel line vs. physics issue. Anyway, I Couldn't load or launch anything in the game after that without it bugging out and/or crashing. I ended up backing up the Ships from the savegame and starting a new one (thankfully it was only my test environment for testing new rockets) and it all worked just fine.

I really hoped you had the solution there; I went into options to check, and the Persistent Debris setting was back to 250, reset by the new patch from 0; so I thought maybe the launch pad was covered in bits of kerbal which was crashing the ships when moved to the pad. Unfortunately, even in a clean save, the Runtime Error is still there :( So the search goes on to let me have the sexy Buran again...

Edited by Titler

I really hoped you had the solution there; I went into options to check, and the Persistent Debris setting was back to 250, so I thought maybe the launch pad was covered in bits of kerbal which was crashing the ships when moved to the pad. Unfortunately, even in a clean save, the Runtime Error is still there :( So the search goes on to let me have the sexy Buran again...

Weeellll crap. I'm sorry, all I can suggest is a clean install of 0.20.2 and add mod sets one at a time. I will say I've used all BobCat's stuff on 0.20.0 or 0.20.2 and it's not crashed anything (yet).

I figured out what was wrong with the Orion module and the random explosions (at least in my case). If you leave it with even a tiny amount of rotation it can spin out of control and break up. I did it by extending the solar panels (of all things) then when I switched back after de-orbiting my ascent stage fro Ares I I caught it before it was too late and it was spinning wildly. I used MechJeb's Smart A.S.S. to klill the rotation and left it several time s after that and it was fine. It may be a good suggestion to try letting the ASAS settle the Orion before leaving it. I have no tired to contrast whether leaving ASAS on or leaving ASAS off changes the likely-hood of a spin and breakup, I guess it remains to be seen...

That LK still looks better…Not sure what it is about the LK that appeals to me…

I think it's that the LK makes Altair look positively flimsy by comparison, at least to me.