[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Hello @BobCat...........

I posted a question earlier, but I will ask again.

Is there anyway to update or modify the .cfg for the buran's cargo doors so that they can be opened in the VAB?

I thank you for any help or ideas.

In my opinion, you can simply put in the CFG- animSwitch = True?False

Pulling the top off works, and solar panel animation can't really be made tweakable. Also note, the way it's done now, you can start with closed doors on the pad. It's better than having it open at launch.

Put in cargo and such...?

Remove cargo door

Put cargo in cargo bay

Put door back

i think this no hard

now im try fix more hard KSP problems and no have time to "i wish" tweaks.

Edited by BobCat

What problems? I've been working on the Space Shuttle lately, and managed to overcome many difficult problems. I even managed to balance realistically placed RCS on the Shuttle (and I could do that on Buran, too, if you wanted :) ). Also, I've figured out a great deal of engine gimbal stuff. What exactly are you having problems with?

Infernal Robotics. here's the plugin: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/37707-0-23-Techtree-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics-0-12-(1-30-2014)

You could split your robotic arm into parts and let IR handle the movement. AFAIK, it's more stable than Romfarer's arms, and the plugin has less overhead. The only downside is that it doesn't include any grab mechanism, so you have two options:

1. You could use KAS for that, with which you're familiar already, I believe. This will pretty much duplicate what Romfarer's arms can do, but in a more reliable way.

2. You could make a custom, surface-attachable docking port that would dock with the mount part. This would be more realistic, the real CanadArm uses grapple fixtures to grab large objects, and I suspect it'd work like that on Buran, too.

Also, Infernal Robotics has support for rails, so you could replicate the CanadArm 2's MBS using them, too.

Is there a kind soul here who knows where one could get bobcat's soviet pack pdfs? "How to use" page on Space Port says "read included pdf file" but there are no pdfs in that zip.