International construction ISS in Kerbal orbit.

BobCat

I'm getting this when approaching Zarya in the CSS, spammed all over the log:

[Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Could somebody tell me what does it mean? I'm not sure if it's something in the Zarya, CSS or MechJeb (installed on CSS, but not actually doing anything).

Edited by Guest

I'm getting this when approaching Zarya in the CSS, spammed all over the log:

Could somebody tell me what does it mean? I'm not sure if it's something in the Zarya, CSS or MechJeb (installed on CSS, but not actually doing anything).

What's your processor? It's important to me, but dunno about everyone else. I get this same error when launching the Buran with the Mir Core after coming out of a rails warp (the warp that stops rotations and goes way beyond x4). It means something has gone terribly terribly wrong with PhysX (I think). I have no idea what the exact problem is, but what ends up happening for me is the Mir core detaches from it's docking port which is attached to the Buran, and the core loses it's velocity. The only way I know how to fix it is to get Bobcat's computer.

Oh, there's a question. Bobcat, what is your computer? CPU, GPU, Motherboard, Ram, and anything else that has an effect on the KSP physX.

Currently, my Processor is an AMD PhenomII X4 955 and motherboard is an Asus M4A77TD, however, I have a new Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 970 on it's way so I can use this AMD FX-6300 black edition processor. Dang it UPS, hurry it up but don't get into accidents!

I think I've narrowed down the problems I've been having to the PMA. For some reason anything attached to the PMA no longer has functioning docking ports. When I launch the Mir Core by itself I have no problem docking to it. But when I launch ISS as a whole into orbit with PMA-1 connecting the Russian and US orbital segments I cannot dock to any of the docking ports on the Russian segment.

I was wondering, just out of curiosity, if anyone was working on the SPP and the UDM modules. If not, I could take a look. I'm not one of the "big modders" but I do have a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Animation. Also, BobCat, are you planning to include the Soyuz with this? I know it's not technically part of the station but it would be nice to have a launch vehicle on-hand.

Phenom 945 4gb DDR2 RAM , 5700 IDE hard drive, GPU HD 4850 512mb ... 5 year old gaming PC

e13e3416265f64b472ef31689d5b4288.png

OpoQQ.jpg

Okay, so your processor is older than mine, and your graphics card is older than mine... and yet in your videos, you barely lag. When I have a full on Mir station with Progress, a soyuz, and the Buran on it, I only get 15 fps. I have a feeling this is because AMD is being a little beetch and has all of it's stuff saying "NOPE" to anything that's not AMD.

I was wondering, just out of curiosity, if anyone was working on the SPP and the UDM modules. If not, I could take a look. I'm not one of the "big modders" but I do have a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Animation.

All the cancelled component are not planned unless someone else decide to do them. So if you want to make the SPP, UDM and some other cancelled components, it'll be great :P

Also, BobCat, are you planning to include the Soyuz with this? I know it's not technically part of the station but it would be nice to have a launch vehicle on-hand.

Just download the Soviet pack...

I was wondering, just out of curiosity, if anyone was working on the SPP and the UDM modules. If not, I could take a look. I'm not one of the "big modders" but I do have a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Animation. Also, BobCat, are you planning to include the Soyuz with this? I know it's not technically part of the station but it would be nice to have a launch vehicle on-hand.
Bro...http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24724-0-19-BobCat-ind-Historical-spacecraft-thread...enjoy!

Zarya is edited of TKS. Zvezda is the mir core module. I am working on a modified version of it's interior though (unofficially) for the Zvezda, that's more ISS than Mir.

and

Name: skeligandrew

Segment: UDM DSM RM 1 RM 2

Flag: Northern Ireland

I got big problems docking Buran with anything on ISS, what could i be doing wrong? :S
The docking ports, the CBM and PMA, appear to be bugged for various users. For whatever reason it seems like bobcat and a select few have no problems though...which is odd.

For me, the CBM work but only with another CBM. PMA doesn't appear to do anything, open or closed. Attempting to dock using Mechjeb 2.0 on a PMA results in a frozen craft unable to operate until you turn off the autodock and unset the PMA as target.

I've got poor Zarya just orbitting by it's lonesome until we can figure out this docking issue! XD

Many-a-Buran-and-crew have been lost...

Edited by Good_Apollo

For me, the CBM work but only with another CBM.

Intended behavior, that's how it works IRL. Looks like PMAs are broken though, you could try slapping a Clamp-o-tron at the end and docking with that.

Intended behavior, that's how it works IRL. Looks like PMAs are broken though, you could try slapping a Clamp-o-tron at the end and docking with that.
This is true...but I mean the part itself only works with itself. We're talking about a mod problem here not a realism problem, the Dragon CRS out right now can't dock to the CBM in the ISS pack either even though it does in real life since it too uses a CBM. It has to be made universal even if it isn't realistic so that it can work with other mods.

I don't have a clue what's wrong with the PMA...what does the open/close function do because at the moment it seems functionless and cosmetic, the thing has no docking capabilities.

Edited by Good_Apollo

From a known good docking port:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDockingNode

referenceAttachNode = top

nodeType = size2

}

from the PMA-1

MODULE

{

name = ModuleDockingNode

deployAnimationController = 1

nodeType = size1

}

my guess, and it is only a guess since I haven't edited the PMA's part.cfg to test this as I am at work... is that the missing referenceAttachNode = <something> needs to be there. however, since the PMA can be docked on EITHER SIDE... I do not know what should be done.

From a known good docking port:

from the PMA-1

my guess, and it is only a guess since I haven't edited the PMA's part.cfg to test this as I am at work... is that the missing referenceAttachNode = <something> needs to be there. however, since the PMA can be docked on EITHER SIDE... I do not know what should be done.

This is the confusing part. Realistically the PMA should be able to dock by itself on both ends, but when I look at Bobcat's videos and such it appears he uses a CBM on the 'CBM' side. Perhaps KSP is incapable of having a two ended docking port so that's the solution? Either way I don't think the APAS side functions...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.