[WEB APP] KSP Campaign Manager 1.6 (Updated May 2nd)

I am trying to install some mods but I don’t know how to do so. The way I pot the mods in the md folder is in a folder. When I hit update mods nothing happens. What am I to do to install mods with KSP mod manager?

Wrong thread? Are you talking about my mod manager? If so, make sure the mods you download are in zip. Most mods from Spaceport should be in a zip format.

I can create a client-only program for the time being (singleplayer, no teams) very easially thanks to that API. If you want one fast I can make one tommorrow (homework), but otherwise I am waiting for you to provide better GUI, as I am horriffic at great-looking applications :)

I can create a client-only program for the time being (singleplayer, no teams) very easially thanks to that API. If you want one fast I can make one tommorrow (homework), but otherwise I am waiting for you to provide better GUI, as I am horriffic at great-looking applications :)

I'm afraid you're on your own there. I have absolutely no idea how to do good-looking UIs on a desktop app. The only apps that I've ever made that had an UI were written in java for class prjects and relied havily on frameworks. Moreover, I'll be focusing completely on the web-app and will only start looking into writing/helping with desktop apps or plugins when the web-app is pretty much done, optimized and easy to use.

If you want me to set up a server-side API for getting active missions, campaigns, pretty much anything you can see on the website, I can do that. Just tell me what you need and give me a day or two to set it all up.

This looks good, but we need less control of what can we do.

See, now we can select money to start with, and our first mission can be return from Eve. You should program it that it will give us missions harder and harder over time;)

I won't remove the ability to set your own starting balance, if someone wants to start with 100.000 oder 10.000 "credits" should be his choice. However, missions can have a minimum credits requirement. If your campaign is below that limit, you won't be able to accept such a mission.

Of course with only 4 available missions right now, it's not really that useful. With the ability to make your own missions or use those of others (coming in a few hours), this should allow for some nice campaign progression.

I won't remove the ability to set your own starting balance, if someone wants to start with 100.000 oder 10.000 "credits" should be his choice. However, missions can have a minimum credits requirement. If your campaign is below that limit, you won't be able to accept such a mission.

Of course with only 4 available missions right now, it's not really that useful. With the ability to make your own missions or use those of others (coming in a few hours), this should allow for some nice campaign progression.

I can not wait. My excitement is tangible!

Ok, here's the thing.

I could not figuere out how to deploy the webapp to the VPS i have access to. I've worked on it with someone who knows how all this for about 2 hours now and we just could not make it happen.

I've now uploaded an updated version to heroku (link in OP) instead, so you can at least test the changes I've made. This means that everything you do will be wiped tomorrow or wednesday at the latest, whenever I've managed to get it onto my VPS.

Ok, now that's out of the way, here are the changes:

• You can now create your own mission packs
  • Mission Packs can be set to hidden (default) or public
  • Mission Packs can contain any number of Missions
  • After creating a campaign, you can set any own or public mission packs to be used
  • Deleting a mission pack or removing it from the campaign will prevent you from creating new missions from that pack, but will NOT cancel any already started missions
  • New Categories that can be used as mission categories
  • Improved "New Mission" modal (Still not final)
  • Balanced mission rewards and penalties a bit. I did zero actual ingame tests, though.
  • Various fixes for security issues and performance improvements

Some things I liked to do but did not have the time for:

Making the campaign-mission packs UI more sensible.

I plan on adding the option to first add mission packs to your account in a nice, big view and then use these packs as pool for your campaigns.

Implementing time progression.

Right now every value that has something to do with "time" is a placeholder for things to come.

Giving all forms a second-pass

This includes labels for input fields, button placement, size etc.

Moving the website to an actual server

Heroku is so terribly slow.. but it's to late for today. I promised an update for today however so this will have to make do for now.

Anyway, changes are up and running now, enjoy.

Ok, here's the thing.

I could not figuere out how to deploy the webapp to the VPS i have access to. I've worked on it with someone who knows how all this for about 2 hours now and we just could not make it happen.

I've now uploaded an updated version to heroku (link in OP) instead, so you can at least test the changes I've made. This means that everything you do will be wiped tomorrow or wednesday at the latest, whenever I've managed to get it onto my VPS.

• After creating a campaign, you can set any own or public mission packs to be used
  • Deleting a mission pack or removing it from the campaign will prevent you from creating new missions from that pack, but will NOT cancel any already started missions
  • Balanced mission rewards and penalties a bit. I did zero actual ingame tests, though.

I plan on adding the option to first add mission packs to your account in a nice, big view and then use these packs as pool for your campaigns.

Right now every value that has something to do with "time" is a placeholder for things to come.

Heroku is so terribly slow.. but it's to late for today. I promised an update for today however so this will have to make do for now.

I love you.

Also, I'm working on my own mission pack for remote tech (or stock, but it has more of a purpose than remote tech)

Edited by Holo

Ok, here's the thing.

Looking good, can't wait to try it out when you get it on a stable system:)

Ok, I finally managed to migrate the app to a new host: http://ksp-campaign.com

Response times should be at least cut by a factor of 2, but probably down to 25%-30% of what they were.

Further optimisation will be done to make it as much of a desktop-like experience as possible.

One small problem: the font-pack that is used for all icons (font awesome) will just not work right now.

I'm working hard (and have been for the last hours) to fix it. I just thought that there's no good reason to keep you waiting, after all nobody is forced to use the new (permanent) server and it's been online for a few hours now.

Edit: Icons Fixed

Edited by MaliciousMuffin

ok, I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. It should not. I'd go as far as to say that it can not.. but it is happening.

Working on resolving this as soon as possible.

Edit: I know whats happening. Devise was updated and is clashing with a new rails version. Working on a fix, ETA 15 minutes

Edit 2: Fix uploading, slight chance it'll break in production but should be a-ok.

Edit 3: I really need to write tests. Fix broke it even more, working patch uploading right now

Edited by MaliciousMuffin

ok, I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. It should not. I'd go as far as to say that it can not.. but it is happening.

Working on resolving this as soon as possible.

Try taping more struts to the server.

A short update:

I'm currently working on a price balancing script for windows and mac that changes all engine and fuel storage in-game prices based on the parts values. I should be able to release that tomorrow or tuesday.

I've also been working on a few updates for the website itself, mainly concerning user-made missions and a better way to show what missions are actually contained inside a pack. These changes should go live some time next week.

I was just figuring out how to create a nice mission pack and ran into a bit of a problem. I can theoretically force the player to follow a certain mission path by adjusting the minimum balance and rewards. Then I realized they could just have another mission pack that gives rewards or simply start with a higher budget and the order in which I'd like my missions to be displayed would get messed up. For example, if I'd like the player to scan for Kethane first and then go mine a bit for research, if their current balance is high, they could end up with a mission to set up a mining base on the mun, without the introductions (lore) to the pack.

Are you planning on adding completed missions as a filter for new missions?

I was just figuring out how to create a nice mission pack and ran into a bit of a problem. I can theoretically force the player to follow a certain mission path by adjusting the minimum balance and rewards. Then I realized they could just have another mission pack that gives rewards or simply start with a higher budget and the order in which I'd like my missions to be displayed would get messed up. For example, if I'd like the player to scan for Kethane first and then go mine a bit for research, if their current balance is high, they could end up with a mission to set up a mining base on the mun, without the introductions (lore) to the pack.

Would you like to have a look at my API?

It can handle basic stuff, with you coding what you need for advanced stuff (like what you mentioned)

Absolutely.

I don't know if it will be in the next update (the coming weekend), but I'll try.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.