[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Oh that additional use for AN/DN is nice. But for the launch pad it's not very useful if this is stick to a rocket. So maybe allow adding the AN/DN countdown without a source vessel if you want to start from the launch pad. That way you can add it, and start other missions in the mean time.

Fabian

Oh that additional use for AN/DN is nice. But for the launch pad it's not very useful if this is stick to a rocket. So maybe allow adding the AN/DN countdown without a source vessel if you want to start from the launch pad. That way you can add it, and start other missions in the mean time.

Fabian

Good tweak, will add it to the list for when the loading times are fixed.

Kudos for the excellent work - I use the Raw Alarm functions to space out my launches so that I have believeable gaps between missions (i.e. to take into account development and testing periods).

Thanks, nice use here too.

Hi, I'm a new KSP player.

I tried to use your mod. Excellent, but with one problem, I can't see the clock of the UI clock icon :

FmgBdxy

Nobody got this problem too ? and how to fix it ?

Thx all.

Typically thats what happens if the plugin doesn't load the textures. So two things:

1. If you click it or press Alt+F11 do you see the interface? and can you send a pic of that
  2. Secondly look in the text log for KSP for errors with KerbalAlarmClock in the line - you can pastebin the log if you want me to look at it

1. If you click it or press Alt+F11 do you see the interface? and can you send a pic of that

Yes, I see the interface and I can use your mod.

1. Secondly look in the text log for KSP for errors with KerbalAlarmClock in the line - you can pastebin the log if you want me to look at it

I have a lot of errors like this one :

[LOG 13:14:10.747] 8/8/2013 1:14:10 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Loading Textures

[LOG 13:14:10.779] 8/8/2013 1:14:10 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Failed to load (are you missing a file):img_iconNorm.png

http://pastebin.com/UNExZEym

Finally I found the problem : installation with kspmm -> it splits mod installation folder (PluginData) in two subfolders (Plugin and PluginData) and KSP couldn't see the textures ... :rolleyes:

Thx for your help Trigger Au :cool:

Finally I found the problem : installation with kspmm -> it splits mod installation folder (PluginData) in two subfolders (Plugin and PluginData) and KSP couldn't see the textures ... :rolleyes:

Thx for your help Trigger Au :cool:

Good find Sopora, glad its working

Hey, hope this hasn't already been asked (Checked back a few pages so I don't think it has) but I'm staying with 0.20.2 for a challenge I'm doing and would like to use the Alarm Clock mod. Will the updated version for 0.21 still work OK with 0.20.2 or are there clashes? Obvious or hidden? I'm going to try it anyway, but I don't really want to get half way through a long mission to have some odd bug scrap the whole thing.

To be honest I don't know if backwards compatability is going to be seamless. Mods (plugin ones especially) need recompiling (at least) on each release and there are code changes in the game between 0.20 and 0.21.

In the big picture I keep all my old versions on codeplex, so you can get them from there. Looking at the Version History you can see when a game update was recompiled for and then use the version of KAC from before that and get one that works with that version.

In your case you want v2.4.0.2 - the last v0.20 version. You can get it from the downloads section here - http://kerbalalarmclock.codeplex.com/releases/view/109154

Thanks Trigger Au, I'll try that out. I think it'd be safer. Once this Challenge is over I'm definitely going over to 0.21. I have a second install already, it's just I haven't had time to use it much yet. The Duna Architectural Challenge is taking quite a bit of effort to get right.

ok, i searched the thread for 'explode' and nothing came back, so here goes.

First of all, I can't believe I waited this long to install this; I had thought mechjeb's "warp to" was fine but I only now realise how awesome it is to have two spacecraft on two different missions to two different planets at the same time. This is great, thank you!

Secondly, unfortunately I'm having a bug. I quicksave before every switch because, for some reason, if I use KAC's prompt to switch ships, there seems to be a 50% chance the ship - every single part on it - will instantly explode when it gets focus. Is this a known issue?

ok, i searched the thread for 'explode' and nothing came back, so here goes.

First of all, I can't believe I waited this long to install this; I had thought mechjeb's "warp to" was fine but I only now realise how awesome it is to have two spacecraft on two different missions to two different planets at the same time. This is great, thank you!

Secondly, unfortunately I'm having a bug. I quicksave before every switch because, for some reason, if I use KAC's prompt to switch ships, there seems to be a 50% chance the ship - every single part on it - will instantly explode when it gets focus. Is this a known issue?

I've never had that happen and I use KAC a lot.

Do you have Docking Struts installed and if so, did the craft in question have any?

...Secondly, unfortunately I'm having a bug. I quicksave before every switch because, for some reason, if I use KAC's prompt to switch ships, there seems to be a 50% chance the ship - every single part on it - will instantly explode when it gets focus. Is this a known issue?

Wow, thats not good!

There have been issues (orbit changes/explosions) in KSP if the timewarp setting gets set back to 1x from high warp really quickly (global plugin thing, not just this one). so if the game is in 1x when you switch it wont be that. Other than that I don't recall any mention of explosions on switches and I dont think I've had one. If you can give me some extra info I can see if I can repro it. - What mods/plugins do you have loaded? vessel types (can you get it to happen with stock vessels)? and perhaps pastebin your debug log. Happy to look in to it.

Wow, thats not good!

There have been issues (orbit changes/explosions) in KSP if the timewarp setting gets set back to 1x from high warp really quickly (global plugin thing, not just this one). so if the game is in 1x when you switch it wont be that. Other than that I don't recall any mention of explosions on switches and I dont think I've had one. If you can give me some extra info I can see if I can repro it. - What mods/plugins do you have loaded? vessel types (can you get it to happen with stock vessels)? and perhaps pastebin your debug log. Happy to look in to it.

From what I'm reading in other threads, that seems more likely than what I was asking him about. I've also heard that it can result in orbital flight path changes.

Hey, I don't know if it is possible, but isn't it possible to test a new version of KAC with 0.20.2 and when you think it's ready to release test it once with 0.21? Or does the codebase heavily change in between so it isn't really upwards compatible?

Fabian

Hey, I don't know if it is possible, but isn't it possible to test a new version of KAC with 0.20.2 and when you think it's ready to release test it once with 0.21? Or does the codebase heavily change in between so it isn't really upwards compatible?

Fabian

The codebase probably wouldn't be an issue, and with the long transition times still there ( for me anyway :) ) I might start to work on this idea - then one final test in 21.1 before release. Thanks Fabian

KAC works fine on 0.21

True Zeroignite, my problem is that 0.21.1 doesn't work on my machine well - has this issue http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/42649-0-21-1-long-loading-times

Which means testing now takes 5-10 mins to do a test, then make a change and test, etc. Is just too annoying - thus xZise's suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

May I request a "repeating alarm" setting for transfer alarms, to automatically make an alarm for the next transfer window?

True Zeroignite, my problem is that 0.21.1 doesn't work on my machine well - has this issue http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/42649-0-21-1-long-loading-times

Which means testing now takes 5-10 mins to do a test, then make a change and test, etc. Is just too annoying - thus xZise's suggestion.

IIRC, you can skip that by going to the Space Center, opening Debug Toolbar, Database, then selecting "Reload all". Sometimes that doesn't help though.

May I request a "repeating alarm" setting for transfer alarms, to automatically make an alarm for the next transfer window?

IIRC, you can skip that by going to the Space Center, opening Debug Toolbar, Database, then selecting "Reload all". Sometimes that doesn't help though.

Some mods will not work properly if you do that, mostly ModuleManager mods which have no way of knowing that configs were reloaded

• 4 weeks later...

Does KAC still retain its alarms in quicksave files?

I could have sworn that this worked in the past, and the KAC alarm would allow me to restore a manuever node associated with an alarm.

Recently if I reload a quicksave that I've made after creating a KAC alarm, the alarm is no longer there.

And thanks - KAC is my one truly indispensable mod.

Does KAC still retain its alarms in quicksave files?

It saves them in a peristence file per save game (ie. the thing you choose at the main menu) and is (should be) independant of the quicksave/load functions. The only time I can think of the alarms getting adjusted on quickload is some checking about whether the alarm is in the past.

If I can confirm some steps to replicate it I'll have a look, but I haven't been doing much in dev on KSP while I wait for a fix to the scene and SOI translation delays (which should be fixed in 0.22 from the latest devstream)

So steps - do these look right:

1. Quicksave game
  2. Create a new alarm (what type?)
  3. Quickload game
  4. and alarm is gone?

If you can let me know if thats the right steps, and perhaps pastebin your alarms file before and after as well as the output log that would be ace

It saves them in a peristence file per save game (ie. the thing you choose at the main menu) and is (should be) independant of the quicksave/load functions. The only time I can think of the alarms getting adjusted on quickload is some checking about whether the alarm is in the past.

If I can confirm some steps to replicate it I'll have a look, but I haven't been doing much in dev on KSP while I wait for a fix to the scene and SOI translation delays (which should be fixed in 0.22 from the latest devstream)

So steps - do these look right:

1. Quicksave game
  2. Create a new alarm (what type?)
  3. Quickload game
  4. and alarm is gone?

If you can let me know if thats the right steps, and perhaps pastebin your alarms file before and after as well as the output log that would be ace

Quicksaves rewind the persistance file as the quicksave is nothing but a copy of it. I'm sure of this because I can rewind MJ settings the same way and they are saved the same way too (atleast the per craft ones) in the persistance file.

Edit: You should also add KAC to the Space Center screen now as time passes on there and therefore alarms too.

Edited by BloodyRain2k