[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

So this will be (he says as long as his logic is right :P ) because the backup of the save failed, and it wont jump unless that works, and then the rainbow flight pattern occurs as I missed a step somewhere where it shouldn't be restoring the node on the wrong flight. I can stop the restore easy enough, but would be ace if you could check your output_log.txt file for when this happens, there should be something in there about why the backup failed. Some other things you could try would be to turn off the "backup" function in the settings and then it should ignore that. If you're happy to help out would be ace to see your ksp.log and output_log.txt (pastebin or some such) - its probably bad code or me not knowing how to handle an OS.

Usually this is as simple as a file missing from the install. the one for that icon is called img_buttonTypeCrew.png . can you see if it's in the folder (or if you have an error in the log when the scene starts) - I could have made a case mistake when I prepped that image. Never code when you have a cold!

I will try to reproduce the "jump to ship" error again and send you the log.

I see this about the missing icon, and certainly the files are missing:

[LOG 23:24:02.907] 10/29/2013 23:24:02,KerbalAlarmClock,Failed to load (are you missing a file):img_listiconlaunchRendezvous.png

[LOG 23:24:02.916] 10/29/2013 23:24:02,KerbalAlarmClock,Failed to load (are you missing a file):img_buttonTypeCrew.png

Version 2.6.3.0 now up on Spaceport

Done some tweaking on the new 2.6 stuff and added an extra auto alarm. Heres the list:

• Tweaked functionality for ship jumping and backups - now includes self closing alert dialog and will allow you to jump even if the backup fails in flight mode
  • Added Functionality to SOI Auto Alarms to allow ignoring EVA Kerbals for Auto Add SOI Alarms - this is the default behaviour.
  • Added Functionality to Allow Auto Adding Maneuver Node Alarms (stores node changes every 5 secs or so), and can also be configured to remove them as well
  • Fixed some case issues with a couple of image files that was affecting OSX/Linux users (Crew button and rendezvous list icon)

Will update the help pages tomorrow, but most of this is pretty self explanatory.

My Linux test VM turned out to be deader than dead :( , so I cant do any testing/work on that stuff at the moment

Version 2.6.3.0 now up on Spaceport

Done some tweaking on the new 2.6 stuff and added an extra auto alarm. Heres the list:

• Tweaked functionality for ship jumping and backups - now includes self closing alert dialog and will allow you to jump even if the backup fails in flight mode
  • Added Functionality to SOI Auto Alarms to allow ignoring EVA Kerbals for Auto Add SOI Alarms - this is the default behaviour.
  • Added Functionality to Allow Auto Adding Maneuver Node Alarms (stores node changes every 5 secs or so), and can also be configured to remove them as well
  • Fixed some case issues with a couple of image files that was affecting OSX/Linux users (Crew button and rendezvous list icon)

Will update the help pages tomorrow, but most of this is pretty self explanatory.

My Linux test VM turned out to be deader than dead :( , so I cant do any testing/work on that stuff at the moment

Kudos! I never knew I wanted auto-maneuver node alarms until someone else suggested them, but now I WANT WANT WANT. Downloading now :)

I'm not sure if it's reproducible or not but I had a bug with the automatic maneuver node alarm. It kept coming up over and over no matter how often I cleared it. I ended up having to disable the automatic alarm setting to get it to clear and haven't turned it on since.

I caught it on video and could make a short clip out of it if that would help.

I'm not sure if it's reproducible or not but I had a bug with the automatic maneuver node alarm. It kept coming up over and over no matter how often I cleared it. I ended up having to disable the automatic alarm setting to get it to clear and haven't turned it on since.

I caught it on video and could make a short clip out of it if that would help.

Yeah a clip would be ace, and a copy of the output_log.txt if you have it. Thanks

Yeah a clip would be ace, and a copy of the output_log.txt if you have it. Thanks

I sadly don't have the output_log.txt (this is the first time I've needed it; I didn't even know such a thing existed before. Seems though that it gets recreated each time you start the game and I've started it since I had the problem). The video is currently uncompressed and compressing it into something usable will take a bit of time. I'll try to get it to you before morning is over in the US. If I am correctly doing the math in my head (and your Location is accurate :) ) that means hopefully before midnight your time.

Without having tested the new version my best guess:

As you deleted the alarm the node was still there? Then KAC would have recognized a node without an alarm, added it and immedeately prompted you with an alarm popup.

If you close the alarm window, delete the node and then delete the alarm - does that change anything for you?

Without having tested the new version my best guess:

As you deleted the alarm the node was still there? Then KAC would have recognized a node without an alarm, added it and immedeately prompted you with an alarm popup.

If you close the alarm window, delete the node and then delete the alarm - does that change anything for you?

That may have worked to stop the endless loop, but I actually had that maneuver node because I wanted to perform a maneuver there :)

Here's the video. It's an otherwise unedited slice out of a Let's Play. One thing to note (tough I don't know if it's important), I modified the maneuver node with Precise Node, including the time of the node.

Here's the video. It's an otherwise unedited slice out of a Let's Play. One thing to note (tough I don't know if it's important), I modified the maneuver node with Precise Node, including the time of the node.

Yes, I saw the same thing, I have it set to delete all alarms automatically. This is no problem with SOI alarms, they just go away, but maneuver alarms do not, as the node is still in the flight path, it automatically picks up on that and adds it back in, sees that your ship is already close to the node, puts up the kill warp dialog, the user hits the button to dismiss the dialog and delete the alarm, KAC then sees the node on the flight path..... etc etc lather rinse repeat.

Maybe a trap that if the node is within the minimum time limit set by the auto add function, it doesn't re-add the alarm? Something like "Do not auto-add alarms for maneuver nodes that are within X minutes"

Edited by Dweller_Benthos

Yes, I saw the same thing, I have it set to delete all alarms automatically. This is no problem with SOI alarms, they just go away, but maneuver alarms do not, as the node is still in the flight path, it automatically picks up on that and adds it back in, sees that your ship is already close to the node, puts up the kill warp dialog, the user hits the button to dismiss the dialog and delete the alarm, KAC then sees the node on the flight path..... etc etc lather rinse repeat.

Maybe a trap that if the node is within the minimum time limit set by the auto add function, it doesn't re-add the alarm? Something like "Do not auto-add alarms for maneuver nodes that are within X minutes"

I thought that was what I ... oh well ... :D

So, just do not autodelete the node alarm, burn the node, delete node, delete alarm from list. :)

Aha It IS what you ... :D I just misunderstood. I read "Close the alarm" as "Delete the alarm" because I don't think I've ever (at least not intentionally) closed a popped-up alarm that I did not also delete, so the two are the same in my mind. Unchecking "delete" (or turning off that feature to auto check it) and just closing the alarm WOULD work and is preferable to me over not having maneuver nodes automatically put in the alarm list.

Looks like Kerbmav and D_B have answered the behavior here. D_B's idea isn't bad for not re-adding a just deleted alarm, maybe I can put a check in that wont automatically readd the triggered alarm unless the man node has changed since it fired

What do you guys think about that idea?

I thought that was what I ... oh well ... :D

So, just do not autodelete the node alarm, burn the node, delete node, delete alarm from list. :)

Just one tip here - you could turn on the option to remove the alarm when the node is deleted and save one of these steps - it only deletes the autoadded man node alarms on.

Looks like Kerbmav and D_B have answered the behavior here. D_B's idea isn't bad for not re-adding a just deleted alarm, maybe I can put a check in that wont automatically readd the triggered alarm unless the man node has changed since it fired

What do you guys think about that idea?

Not knowing the code (or very well HOW to code) I don't know if this is possible, but can't you just do whatever you do for SOI changes?

If I set up KAC to detect SOI changes and throw out an alarm 1 minute before I reach the SOI, it works how I'd expect: I only get one alarm and once I delete the alarm it doesn't come back, even though I'm not yet at the SOI change. I assume this is because the auto-setting of the alarm sees that the SOI change is now 59 seconds away, which is less than the 1 minute setting.

Just one tip here - you could turn on the option to remove the alarm when the node is deleted and save one of these steps - it only deletes the autoadded man node alarms on.

Actually this is something I will never want to grow a habit from (english??).

I tend to EVA spontanously and loose all my maneuver nodes of the craft in the process - KAC keeps them save from that. ;)

And several other instances where I would want to keep the alarm as a "node saver".

Up front I dont like to force my gameplay style on others, so whatever is done will be optional, but I do find the readd thing annoying.

How about a sliding threshhold then, so people can choose how far from the maneuevr node to stop adding automatically?

EDIT: This would be like the auto SOI behaviour, but adjustable

Up front I dont like to force my gameplay style on others, so whatever is done will be optional, but I do find the readd thing annoying.

How about a sliding threshhold then, so people can choose how far from the maneuevr node to stop adding automatically?

That would work for me. Anything that makes this very desirable feature usable :)

The only hassle here is that no point in an orbit that can be added to KAC vanishes at any time - but maneuver nodes do, when switching vessels, leaving the vessel for an EVA, quickloading ... So, an optional setting is most welcome! :)

Sounds good to me, or even if I set the default time to signal an alarm for a maneuver node at 3 minutes, once the ship is within that time, the node is ignored by the auto add feature? Or a global limit would do, as I mentioned before, a setting that tells it to ignore all maneuver nodes within a certain time limit set by the user.

Is it intended behavior that the antenna starts transmitting all data when you jump back to a ship? Both times I switched to KSP to warp and back to my Eve orbiter, the antenna started up by itself and dumped all data back (costing me a ton of science on Gilly, as I didn't have the dV to go back). I have a handful of other mods installed (B9, KAS, MJ, and the interstellar one), but I've only seen this happen right after restoring a node.

EDIT- that came off sounding kind of dickish; I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this behavior

Edited by Decoherent

Is it intended behavior that the antenna starts transmitting all data when you jump back to a ship? Both times I switched to KSP to warp and back to my Eve orbiter, the antenna started up by itself and dumped all data back (costing me a ton of science on Gilly, as I didn't have the dV to go back). I have a handful of other mods installed (B9, KAS, MJ, and the interstellar one), but I've only seen this happen right after restoring a node.

EDIT- that came off sounding kind of dickish; I just wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this behavior

Certainly not the intended behaviour (and it didn't sound that bad :)). I haven't seen it myself, all the code should be doing is restoring the node and recalcing the gizmo's. I'll try some tests at this end tomorrow.

Well, the "bad" part came from that trip being focused on returning experiments, so I only got ~20% of the Science I expected. Not game breaking, but frustrating to be sure (that entire trip was just cursed). I'll do some better testing in a bit, too, to make sure it's actually the alarm clock and not some other mod having unexpected behavior when the alarm restores a node.