[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Well sort of nice, any chance you can screenshot me a pic of the two that didnt crash with the add window open, and drop a copy of both attempts debug logs in pastebin or something.

[...]

Oh, and did you try the other Mod?

Here you have two pictures, one for each version that did not crash (although this time it took me three attempts to run 2.6.4.2):

2.6.4.2 (note KAC icon):

3lxHzqc.jpg

2.6.4.4:

ItNK892.jpg

What do you mean by "both attempts"? Versions 2.6.4.1 and 2.6.4.3?

How do I get the log you need?

Ah! And I tried the other mod to see if it worked but (and it did), but did not stick with it... I think I haven't used KSP enough to know what is the best option vanila or alternate... Maybe later...

This is awesome Toadicus, I've gotten about half way to where you are (even had almost the exact same code for the loaded assemblies part :) ), and was just considering turning out a full class with all the getvalue/setvalue stuff. The only thing I'd want to add is the /// code comments so all the help text shows in the IDE. I'll take a copy and feed that in.

IMO, this code looks right for how the latebinding of a loaded dll in KSP works, is great work. Have you given Blizzy78 a copy, he might want to include this on his forum thread as more people will use the toolbar if they dont have to include the dll in their download.

Great, hope it helps! I've added the docstrings, and will offer to Blizzy as well.

Here you have two pictures, one for each version that did not crash (although this time it took me three attempts to run 2.6.4.2):

2.6.4.2 (note KAC icon):

2.6.4.4:

What do you mean by "both attempts"? Versions 2.6.4.1 and 2.6.4.3?

How do I get the log you need?

Ah! And I tried the other mod to see if it worked but (and it did), but did not stick with it... I think I haven't used KSP enough to know what is the best option vanila or alternate... Maybe later...

For the attempts I meant the ones that worked, but seeing these pics is probably enough. I had issues with the textures blurring, but maybe its just me. I'll see what's involved to change to the .4 version permanently - people used to have issues with this method in the past, but since 0.22 Squad fixed a bunch of loading issues with textures.

If you can just clarify that "it took me three attempts to run 2.6.4.2" means it crashed twice before it loaded, that would be great feedback.

Thanks for your help

If you can just clarify that "it took me three attempts to run 2.6.4.2" means it crashed twice before it loaded, that would be great feedback.

Sorry, make it four attempts!

I mean the time I tried to run 2.6.4.2 to take this picture, it crashed three times when I clicked on my career savegame before it loaded. Don't know why, it loaded on the first attempt when I tried it before...

Edited by jlcarneiro

Sorry, make it four attempts!

I mean the time I tried to run 2.6.4.2 to take this picture, it crashed three times when I clicked on my career savegame before it loaded. Don't know why, it loaded on the first attempt when I tried it before...

Thanks foe that, its what I thought you meant, but just wante dto be 100%. TBH its a little annoying as in researching lots of mods use that same method, but maybe its time I trusted the Squad GameDB :)

Gonna have to rework my folders I think, but I'll get something in place , hopefully with the 0.23 version release.

Thanks again

Trigger, jl, something to bear in mind is that there is an Actual Issue with loading PNG textures in 64-bit linux. There is a workaround to disable some 32-bit MMX code in the executable by flipping a couple of bits in the Linux compatibility thread... this has helped me tremendously. So, jl, if you haven't applied that yet, you might want to.

Trigger, jl, something to bear in mind is that there is an Actual Issue with loading PNG textures in 64-bit linux. There is a workaround to disable some 32-bit MMX code in the executable by flipping a couple of bits in the Linux compatibility thread... this has helped me tremendously. So, jl, if you haven't applied that yet, you might want to.

Thanks for the tip Toadicus, I have been meaning to change my texture loading methods back to the gamedatabase method already - now that they removed the horrible lag issue in 0.21 so I'll probably continue down that path now - it is the same method the Squad textures use so it should prevent any further issues *TriggerAu crosses fingers

jl, might be good to look at this anyway for yourself as there are quite a few mods that use the KSP.IO method of loading graphics

EDIT: I plan to look at TGA files and sprite sheets over the break as well to see if that gets me any gains.... sooo many projects, sooo little time :wink:

Had another of those wonky escape trajectories where Kerbin kept catching up and KAC kept adding new SOI change alarms. Here's the quick save file, go to the "Laythe Lander" ship. It's popping in and out of Kerbin SOI, or it should be, at the save point. Had a bit of a mishap with staging and messed up the escape plan.

http://www./download/pua5vhdajf7j37u/quicksave.zip

Mods loaded:

EnhancedNavBall

Innsewerants Space Agency

MechJeb2

Protractor

Romfarer

SCANsat

Squad

TriggerTech

VibraDyn

voneiden

Wayland_Corp

Though the only ones that should effect loading this ship are MechJeb, Protractor, VibraDyn, and SCANSat. I think. Vibradyn is a SCANSat alternative.

So I finally managed to replicate this with that file - thanks D_B. I can see the toggling path and the creation of SOI's, is a bit late now, but I'll have a look further tomorrow, just wanted to let you know.

This is the last bug I want to get fixed for inclusion in the 0.23 release, and then will look at Alarm noise, and burn time for the next set of features

So I finally managed to replicate this with that file - thanks D_B. I can see the toggling path and the creation of SOI's, is a bit late now, but I'll have a look further tomorrow, just wanted to let you know.

This is the last bug I want to get fixed for inclusion in the 0.23 release, and then will look at Alarm noise, and burn time for the next set of features

Cool, glad to see it helped somewhat.

May i reccomend to add the Alarm Clock to the Toolbar-Plugin.

It would be nice to have the buttons all organised...

Yep, I finally got all the kinks worked out yesterday with Toadicus's help so it is an option for people, not a required download.

I just need to get it built against the 0.23 dlls and build the dll for upload. I plan to do that after work today. You are be able to choose if it uses the toolbar or not.

For those waiting for some reason for a 0.23 upgrade, I used this today and the old version seems to work fine with one minor problem. It doesn't always throw up a pause window, but it DOES slow down time. So just keep an eye on your next alarm or you may miss the alarm.

And hopefully the new version will be out soon for this should-be-stock mod. :)

.22 version seems to be causing the occasional crash-to-desktop in .23 (if it happens, it happens when I use KAC to switch to the relevant craft upon an alarm triggering).

Hopefully .23 version will fix it, it just seems to be general instability.

.22 version seems to be causing the occasional crash-to-desktop in .23 (if it happens, it happens when I use KAC to switch to the relevant craft upon an alarm triggering).

Hopefully .23 version will fix it, it just seems to be general instability.

That sort of issue will be due to Unity changes

Version 2.7.0.0 now on Spaceport

Heres the usual list of stuff...

• 0.23 Recompile for new version of Unity
  • Added Option to choose to use Blizzies excellent toolbar - uses latebinding so no need to include DLL and no hard reference
  • Added link in game so if common toolbar not installed people can jump to forum page
  • Added option so minimal display will show the next or oldest alarm
  • Changed texture loading to use GameDB and this should fix Linux x64 issues with the Unity Texture2D Loader crashing
  • Fixed bug where twitching SOIs on large orbits no longer creates lots of alarms for Auto-SOIs
  • Fixed Bug using wrong path separators for MacOS/Linux re jumping from non-flight scenes
  • Fixed Bug displaying alarms in non-flight screens when KAC not visible

NOTE: The download does not include Blizzie's excellent Toolbar, but if it is present you will get the option to choose to use it or not - and I personally recommend using it for KAC :cool:

Unfortunately I cant remember exactly the people who reported the bugs, but I'll go back and get in touch with you if you dont see this, and...

as per usual its late and I'll update any screenshots/manual pages in the next day or two :)

Edited by TriggerAu