Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

• 2 weeks later...

I have been waiting for the 1.0+ update of this pack. I really love the carrier, especially when you build a 100m+ super carrier. Hopefully this pack will be updated soon.

- Kerbals knew how to swim, their ancestors must have been sailors -

I know InfiniteDice so I will contact him and see whats going on, Ill report back here but I am betting that he is probably just playing the game for once and enjoying the 1.0.X release just as much as everyone else has been.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so I spoke with InfiniteDice and He is waiting until all the post 1.0 release patches to stop coming down (ie let the release become stable) before he starts working on the parts.

But at the same time it will take a while as with the latest releases they changed the way that Nodes are aligned and how they connect together, so There are alot of Config Files to edit, alot of things to test out, etc.

I am coming back to KSP so I am offering my expertise to Dice (as I helped work on the Project before) so I will try to keep you guys updated as we work to get it release ready.

To answer the question about new Carrier parts, Dice says for now its not a primary thing to look at so we will see after the update to 1.0.X is finished.

Well It may be nice to have a fresh art pass and also a .dds conversion also maybe a seperate landing section like on many modern carriers today and maybe a fresh IVA for the island.

I know InfiniteDice so I will contact him and see whats going on, Ill report back here but I am betting that he is probably just playing the game for once and enjoying the 1.0.X release just as much as everyone else has been.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so I spoke with InfiniteDice and He is waiting until all the post 1.0 release patches to stop coming down (ie let the release become stable) before he starts working on the parts.

But at the same time it will take a while as with the latest releases they changed the way that Nodes are aligned and how they connect together, so There are alot of Config Files to edit, alot of things to test out, etc.

I am coming back to KSP so I am offering my expertise to Dice (as I helped work on the Project before) so I will try to keep you guys updated as we work to get it release ready.

To answer the question about new Carrier parts, Dice says for now its not a primary thing to look at so we will see after the update to 1.0.X is finished.

Nice, at least we know that this mod is not dead. Thanks, hoodedarche0, and keep up the good job InfiniteDice.

Thanks guys as Dice and I go through this I will make sure we keep you all updated on our progress.

- - - Updated - - -

Well It may be nice to have a fresh art pass and also a .dds conversion also maybe a separate landing section like on many modern carriers today and maybe a fresh IVA for the island.

IVA's aren't really our Forte so if someone wants to take a crack at creating a new one please contact me via DM.

• 2 weeks later...

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much. I can't wait to see this mod fully functioning.

Question: Is there a chance it can work together with tweakscale?

will it take too long? :l

Please be patient man, the upgrade from 0.90 to 1.0+ involves a lot of changes. I am also a basic KSP user so I don't know how long it might take, but even B9 mods are only partially updated and still in progress.

So let the devs do what they do. Plus, we wouldn't know if the next update would pops out (there was a KSP dev post about experimental period of 1.0.3).

Well It may be nice to have a fresh art pass and also a .dds conversion also maybe a seperate landing section like on many modern carriers today and maybe a fresh IVA for the island.

Landing section? You mean like the off-axis landing strip of modern carriers? Tricky to pull off and remain in any way modular.

Thanks guys as Dice and I go through this I will make sure we keep you all updated on our progress.

- - - Updated - - -

IVA's aren't really our Forte so if someone wants to take a crack at creating a new one please contact me via DM.

Great to know Dice is getting some help. There's quite a few gifted modellers and artists around, hope one bites. RPM is surely the answer to the carrier bridge - just scrub the textures plain, but sharp, and plaster it with glass panels.

Please be patient man, the upgrade from 0.90 to 1.0+ involves a lot of changes. I am also a basic KSP user so I don't know how long it might take, but even B9 mods are only partially updated and still in progress.

So let the devs do what they do. Plus, we wouldn't know if the next update would pops out (there was a KSP dev post about experimental period of 1.0.3).

Also the switch to Unity 5 could (surely would) break things again.

I'm looking forward to a new carrier equipped for full exploration, complete with stock ISRU and rigged with plenty of KIS storage. Maybe a EPL construction bay - a true mobile base.

I think I've mentioned allista's Hangar mod as a way of stowing craft below deck in a FPS friendly manner, I think he's expressed interest in helping other modders integrate the code.

Edited by colmo

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking out the Contract Configurator mod and a lightbulb went on - this is perfect for the carrier.

Instead of having to faff around with launching a carrier, it can be spawned wherever the contract requires. Contracts might be docking with the carrier (i.e. a landing) or some other condition consistent with landing (e.g. stationery) on or near (in the case of a sea plane) a carrier. Spawning it a good distance away comes in handy and adds challenge. Putting extra vehicles on the spawned carrier allows daisy-chaining missions e.g. land on carrier, then take a small boat to another surface location for a science survey.

Edited by colmo

• 2 weeks later...

I will aim to make a limited release for 1.3 as soon as I can, I plan on re-writing some of the float code which will make it more stable in the water. Personally I've been too busy IRL, and with my own personal game project taking up most of my development time.

I did manage to update my other mod ICE for 1.3 as it contains much fewer parts than BoatParts does. As usual I'll post a note here when the update is finished.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i'm guessing from the various "is this updated/is his fixed for 1.0.x" this isn't updated? damn..

oh well... guess it's back to heavy armoured air transports to get my nuclear warheads from point A to point BOOM.

i hope very much that this mod gets updated :D i really think ID is pushing the bonds of what you can mess around with by doing something that wasn't really supposed to be a thing in KSP :P

good luck and happy bug squishing :D