Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

(...)

Another thing to consider is that with all the improved loading solutions you can simply load the aircraft into the carrier. Or possibly land a Snjo Firespitter seaplane and winch it up into the hangar with KAS. (...)

Why not do something like this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/35217-0-20-x-Extraplanetary-Launchpads ?

1) the older boat parts will undergo a redesign and re-release at a later date.

I will update the other parts but not by this weekend.

So my previous builds should still be ok then?

Even not, the fact that they will be re-released should be enough!

Or just pick my stranded Kerbs up with the runabout.

Thank you. :)

So youre nodding towards this weekend as a ETA? Dont be afraid to say yes. The E in ETA will exclude you from any promises that would've been broken!

Again thank you.

Somehow Carrier command comes into mind... A Carrier with amphic vehicles and aircrafts...

Thus youve implemented a (partly)game into a game. Good job!

2mkc3k.png

As if you guys need any more teasing... but this is the swing crane. It won't come with the R3 pack, but will be available for download separately - it uses the 'fixed' version of DR and of course KAS for the winch!

As if you guys need any more teasing... but this is the swing crane. It won't come with the R3 pack, but will be available for download separately - it uses the 'fixed' version of DR and of course KAS for the winch!

With regards to my plans for the big carrier to double as an industrial barge....you sure seem to be saving me a lot of time =)

That looks far better than any of the ideas I have been kicking around for loading ore and kethane aboard.

I am so not getting anything done RL for a few days after you do release3.....gonna be glued to my computer!

p.s. I am very envious of your attack heli in the 'sink the carrier' youtube vid....all my attempts at helis have ended badly...rather abruptly too

With regards to my plans for the big carrier to double as an industrial barge....you sure seem to be saving me a lot of time =) p.s. I am very envious of your attack heli in the 'sink the carrier' youtube vid....all my attempts at helis have ended badly...rather abruptly too

1) Yeah the swing crane rotates, it has it's own rotation so you don't need to do anything with it for it to work. You will need that new InfernalRobotics or whatever that fork of DamnedRobotics is. You can find the link on the Damned Robotics thread - I'll also post a link to it when I put the crane up for download.

2) Yeah that chopper took me more than a few attempts to balance. It's pretty crazy, only when you change loading, you need to change how you fly it, like anything else. Takes some getting used to.

1) Yeah the swing crane rotates, it has it's own rotation so you don't need to do anything with it for it to work. You will need that new InfernalRobotics or whatever that fork of DamnedRobotics is. You can find the link on the Damned Robotics thread - I'll also post a link to it when I put the crane up for download.

2) Yeah that chopper took me more than a few attempts to balance. It's pretty crazy, only when you change loading, you need to change how you fly it, like anything else. Takes some getting used to.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked out Firespitters little addon? He's got launch to water now.

Just out of curiosity, have you checked out Firespitters little addon? He's got launch to water now.

Im perty sure Snjo and InfiniteDice are in cahoots.

I asked Snjo something about wings last week, his reply leads me to think he hand hands on certain parts of this project....

Im perty sure Snjo and InfiniteDice are in cahoots.

I asked Snjo something about wings last week, his reply leads me to think he hand hands on certain parts of this project....

I apologize to our fans for my absence from the forums and in answering your questions in the past little while as I am now out working at a Summer Music Camp. Snjo and InfiniteDice have been working together on parts for quite a while now and the are both taking parts of their work and incorporating them into their own addons.

I apologize to our fans for my absence from the forums and in answering your questions in the past little while as I am now out working at a Summer Music Camp. Snjo and InfiniteDice have been working together on parts for quite a while now and the are both taking parts of their work and incorporating them into their own addons.

Awesome stuff, like as an instructor or as a participant? My kids both had marching band kick off camps this week... already tired.

I'm curious if and how the launch to water will work for boats... Can't wait to find out.

It's been working great on everything I tested it on so far...only thing I noticed is it messes up planes a bit, but quicksave fixes it

Snjo and I talk and share ideas on many things. I will be using essentially the same code he wrote for Firespitter, slightly different but mostly the same. He found the solution to move to water, and the rudders before I could, he'll surely get mentioned for those contributions when R3 is released.

Awesome stuff, like as an instructor or as a participant? My kids both had marching band kick off camps this week... already tired.

Instructor. I am here for the next 2 months and just got settled and my internet set up. I'm a Trombone Instructor/ Kitchen Assistant.

In the user manual on the second page shouldn't it be com tower, not con tower?

EDIT: Assuming com=command

On a naval ship the structure with the bridge is refered to as ConTower

In this case Con=control I think

I'm so excited for R3! Thanks so much to all of you developers working on it! It's an amazing mod which adds a whole new aspect to an already fantastic game! It makes me really want to have multiplayer KSP so that my friend and I can do carrier-based aircraft wars!

Further, the picture on the first page for the R3 release looks AMAZING! Very well done