Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

BYOB (Build Your Own Bridge). Awesome, just what I imagined for Alskari's hollow parts and things like forthcoming biodomes. Will those behave as seats with proper IVA controls?

That control panel will be iva only for now, so it's not placeable as such. Once the open seats are released (0.20?) I may include them with the pack as a standalone model.

The buttons in the texture are backdrop stuff As you can see in this pic, I haven't placed any of the IVA instruments yet :)

2zz3x50.png

Edited by InfiniteDice

Infinite Dice, are you thinking of making missiles such as sea ram, subroc, ASROC, or even CIWS systems, and a sonar? It would be pretty awesome.

Edited by andrew123

No that is out of the question we have already done what we want in the Naval Aircraft Pack it is nearing completion as is the R3 Carriers. Plus the coding on dyj's minigun is unstable when used with any other addons that use a major plugin (except BobCat's addon) so the answer is thanks for the suggestion but absolutely not.

zu2lfn.png

Shot at night from the Captains chair. Added the second console, there will be 6 kerbs in the bridge, the other 4 will be in other areas of the tower.

The Captains seating position is slightly higher than the others, this allows him to look out over the rest to see the water beyond the ship. I'm thinking there will be a look-out/watch position that will be good for IVA maneuvering and a flight deck position for viewing the aft/landing area. Two other positions will occupy a dark room which houses sonar etc.

Edited by InfiniteDice

That is amazing, although a real carrier has 5k+ personel I think you should fully decorate and do up the Tower with men and stations everywhere. Maybe a map of Kerbin on a Table with some Kerbals looking at it.

You guys should try making an air traffic control radar to prevent any mishaps... you wouldn't want any colliding , nuclear armed, supersonic gigantic fighter bombers on the deck!! :)

You guys should try making an air traffic control radar to prevent any mishaps... you wouldn't want any colliding , nuclear armed, supersonic gigantic fighter bombers on the deck!! :)

That would be a disaster! Do you have any idea how expensive it is to get all of the nuclear waste away from the coast at KSC? I mean, kerbals are dispensable but that waste is a real issue!

I found a little mod that fixes the lose of control when the carrier has no docked items on it its the sea sickness cure form the spaceport

That in essence is similar to what I'm doing already, it won't save aircraft on the deck at all.

halo fan 117

That mod's coding is actually a variant of our code for our carriers that InfiniteDice worked with the creator on as the creator wanted a part that he could use on all stock boats.

Edited by hoodedarche0

There will be no R4 release of the carrier parts. Once we are finished with the R3 we will be moving on to other/new endeavors that as of right now are top secret but if InfiniteDice lets me drop some hints I think you might be singing a certain Disney song come the time of our next projects release.

That would be a disaster! Do you have any idea how expensive it is to get all of the nuclear waste away from the coast at KSC? I mean, kerbals are dispensable but that waste is a real issue!

You guys do realize how much coding that would require on our teams part? If you can write the basic code and create a basic working part that attaches to the carriers then we will see but unless you start the project I'm sorry to say that as a team with only one coder on it right now it will never be a thing unless we decide at a later date that we want to add it. But as I said if anyone is will to code it, create a part, create a gui for the system, have it recognize other craft as objects on the radar and then make it work even if just a basic version then we will see.

There will be no R4 release of the carrier parts. Once we are finished with the R3 we will be moving on to other/new endeavors that as of right now are top secret but if InfiniteDice lets me drop some hints I think you might be singing a certain Disney song come the time of our next projects release.

Under the sea...la la la or something. Man I look like a fool. Play me off johnny.

but I already have those :c

Yes but these will actually be able to go underwater as we are currently working on removing the camera block that stops you from being able to see underwater. As well as a few other things.

quote cut, it's large - KasperVld

Hey There! I'm sorry to bother you guys but I added all the files included here into my ksp directory excluding deadbeef's hangar mod and I cannot get the elevator to work for me. It is in the utilities tab in-game, but when I try to get it to work in action groups there is no option for me. Could anybody help me out?