Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

when I downloaded it, the ship would not go forward. Maybe update the ship files?

Hi Andrew, the latest file updates are in the standalone fix file in the opening post of this thread, grab that and use the mk4 carrier. If you choose to use the older variants the engines were updated and the rotations are off on the craft files. To fix the old file open it in the sph and remove/rotate the engines.

I will be updating the primary download shortly as I know this causes some confusion.

Space plane parts? I don't have any space plane parts. Those parts in the images above are the prototypes for the Naval Aircraft pack I'm building to supplement the carrier. The will be done shortly after the carrier parts are released. I'm building them alongside the carrier parts but they will not be finalized till later.

Furthermore, yes they will be released separately as the Naval Aircraft Pack... unless I change my mind at some point. :)

Man I want an F-18E Now that works with the carriers! Drag and drop cockpit, body, and wings would make my day.

The Naval Aircraft wings are loosely based on f18 wings. I'm not modelling an f18 though... I can tell you you'll be getting something of similar capabilities to the f18... I'm sure you'll like it :)

do I have to have the vanguard plugin or just some of its parts

Just the vanguard.dll for the carrier r2.5... and the fix file from the opening post of this thread.

Optionally people may want to get deadbeef's expanded SPH/VAB mod. It makes editing the carrier much easier as the SPH is 10x larger.

Just the vanguard.dll for the carrier r2.5... and the fix file from the opening post of this thread.

Optionally people may want to get deadbeef's expanded SPH/VAB mod. It makes editing the carrier much easier as the SPH is 10x larger.

thanks also I think the mk 4 broke my test save ps when do we get the wepons I have been trying to use the death torp and cant get of the ground

The weapons are part of the item sets that are still very much work in progress, as with any kind of "new" thing in KSP whether it be a weapon or a boat part for example there are many problems that can arise, such as error spamming which causes game crashes and game breaking (ie. the weapons are part of a set/group of parts that is no where near release. They are still very experimental). Also can you give us any more details as to "how" our mk4 carrier broke your game? ie. computer specks possibly a error readout (alt+F2) without anything to go on we really cant help you.

Maybe this was addressed in an earlier post. But I can't figure out any way to get the stock carrier to MOVE when it's loaded on the runway. I see that it has jet engines used as "RCS" for turning. But where's the actual motive power for this thing? Am I supposed to strap temporary rockets on the sides that I eject later? Does it have a propeller that's not working until I get it in the water?

The darn thing is so freaking HUGE that it's very difficult to do anything with it in the hangers. I can't work my camera around to the angles I need in order to put stuff where I want it. Is there a camera mod that allows you to see the entire thing?

The weapons are part of the item sets that are still very much work in progress, as with any kind of "new" thing in KSP whether it be a weapon or a boat part for example there are many problems that can arise, such as error spamming which causes game crashes and game breaking (ie. the weapons are part of a set/group of parts that is no where near release. They are still very experimental). Also can you give us any more details as to "how" our mk4 carrier broke your game? ie. computer specks possibly a error readout (alt+F2) without anything to go on we really cant help you.

well I had a mk 4 my first launch uss enterprise and I went out of that save to check a mun lander in anther file and I went to go back and got corrupt save file and had to delete it im using an hp lap top with invida drive and amd a6 vision process

The darn thing is so freaking HUGE that it's very difficult to do anything with it in the hangers. I can't work my camera around to the angles I need in order to put stuff where I want it. Is there a camera mod that allows you to see the entire thing?

Yes there is a hangar enlarging mod, by DeadBeef. I'll try to find a link to the download.

If you are using the carrier with the rocket engines for turning that is the older mk3 design. That design needs the internal turbines adjusted as the design was rendered broken when I updated the files on the last update. Try using the Mk4 design in the FIX - the link is in the first post of this thread... just copy over the new files... You know you have the new ship as it has the rudder!

We are working on submarines currently when we feel like it but It is no where near a presentable state to the public.

Also as far as I am aware propellers are a possibility in the future that we are looking in to but they do not exist in anyway shape or form as of yet.

Yes there is a hangar enlarging mod, by DeadBeef. I'll try to find a link to the download.

If you are using the carrier with the rocket engines for turning that is the older mk3 design. That design needs the internal turbines adjusted as the design was rendered broken when I updated the files on the last update. Try using the Mk4 design in the FIX - the link is in the first post of this thread... just copy over the new files... You know you have the new ship as it has the rudder!

Thanks! That did the trick!

The KSS Kernedy is now out on the open sea! ^_^

And it provided me with a challenge I just couldn't pass up. :D

Tested the Boat Parts with HyperEdit today. Here are some results...

Here is coordinates for dropping straight off the coast.

XlzbV5K.jpg

Putting in a random number placed it nicely off a distant coast.

U3tJ87i.jpg

xdhMmng.jpg

So HyperEdit works! I could update your conn tower so it could auto-plop ships into various locations.

But the following bugs bother me...

1) Many times it froze on the runway or in the water.

2) No screw propellers?

3) I will only download from kerbalspaceport. Why not post fixes there? It goes up almost immediately if you just edit your current post.