[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

What I have to say is thank you everyone who worked to create this mod. FASA is very detailed and is the first mod I downloaded. Mods like fasa got me inspired to make my own models. So far I have a mesh for a mystery replica.

I am intrigued, any hints?

Apologies if this gets asked a lot, but I've not found any good answers to this. I'm trying to assemble the Apollo components, and I've managed to figure out the CSM, and the LEM, but I can't figure out how to put them together. There was one video, but it used an unreleased version of the mod, which wasn't very helpful. :( I've looked through this thread (well, much of it) and searched elsewhere, but to no avail. Can someone point me to a writeup of how these two components are supposed to be linked up? Even better, if there's a writeup of how to assemble the entire thing, that'd be great. I feel like I'm missing something obvious. :/

well, they don't exactly go together, you attach the CSM to the floating node in the top of the SLA, and put the LM on the base, then install the panels

Any way to download the engines only?

download fasa and then delete everything except Engines folder simple as that :)

and if you are asking if you can download just engines well i don't think you can, but i might be wrong :)

This was on purpose, going to the moon was a colossal undertaking, and in my opinion the stock parts that you unlock late in the tech tree are far too cheap. You should have to scrimp and save to get the Apollo parts and launch a mission. Also a failure should be a major setback of resources.

I intended this to be kind of a total replacement mod for KSP so you could in theory delete all the stock parts and have a completely different game experience if you wanted too.

I want this so bad it hurts.

I've been playing Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager and all I can think about while playing it is a version of Kerbal, with SPM contracts, using only FASA parts.

I wish I had more free time to contribute a set of contracts. :(

download fasa and then delete everything except Engines folder simple as that :)

and if you are asking if you can download just engines well i don't think you can, but i might be wrong :)

Hmm.... I looked into the FASA folder, and can only find the folders labeled "enginex" or "x_eng" But no engine folder... When I try to delete those not engines, i still end up getting some tanks and other parts.

Hmm.... I looked into the FASA folder, and can only find the folders labeled "enginex" or "x_eng" But no engine folder... When I try to delete those not engines, i still end up getting some tanks and other parts.

woops sorry my mistake, while writing this i was actually thinking on KWrocketry folder :confused:

anyway, this requires a bit of search and hunt you will have to get into every folder and search trough the cfg's for engines (look into the descriptions) then delete everything else

Hi everyone! Fantastic mod! I've been using it for RO ever since I got KSP. One thing I've noticed; the fuel pumps on the clamps and umbilicals no longer pump fuel into my rockets. Was this feature disabled? I've tried toggling the fuel pumps ON in the VAB but they still don't work on the pad.

Hi everyone! Fantastic mod! I've been using it for RO ever since I got KSP. One thing I've noticed; the fuel pumps on the clamps and umbilicals no longer pump fuel into my rockets. Was this feature disabled? I've tried toggling the fuel pumps ON in the VAB but they still don't work on the pad.

Since you are using the Re-modded (is that the best word?) version of FASA for RO, you should ask in the RO threads. Frizzank has allowed his models to be used but the CFGs are made by others (and the CFGs control behavior in the game.)

Is there anyway to disable the Sideways decoupling of items strapped onto a Gemini Nosecone? Without loosing the ability to attach onto a Gemini style multiple parachute stack?

IE if I attach 2 probe chutes to the Gemini nose cone, can I prevent their forceful ejection when I decouple the nosecone from the rest of my ship?

Would the following code fix it? (yes I realize that this could cause issues with the seperation of the cap on the Docking node version)

isOmniDecoupler = False

explosiveNodeID = bottom

TIA

Edited by Pappystein

You gotta ask in the RO thread. They get real mad if you ask stuff like that here.

I don't know if these questions have been asked already, but...

1. What is the ALSEP box used for? It attaches to the side, but the experiments don't get stored inside of anything.

2. What is the CSM-LEM separator used for, as opposed to the LEM attachment plate?

Edited by AwesomeALec1

Is there anyway to disable the Sideways decoupling of items strapped onto a Gemini Nosecone? Without loosing the ability to attach onto a Gemini style multiple parachute stack?

IE if I attach 2 probe chutes to the Gemini nose cone, can I prevent their forceful ejection when I decouple the nosecone from the rest of my ship?

Would the following code fix it? (yes I realize that this could cause issues with the seperation of the cap on the Docking node version)

isOmniDecoupler = False

explosiveNodeID = bottom

TIA

Activate the parachutes without decoupling the nose cone, they will activate strait through the nose cone and make it look look like they are coming out the top.

All of the engines have LFE in their name. Some of the assets share textures so its best to either delete entire folders that dont have engines in them or just delete the cfg files for the parts you do not want.

I dont know why the fuel pumps dont work with the RO...

I don't know if these questions have been asked already, but...

1. What is the ALSEP box used for? It attaches to the side, but the experiments don't get stored inside of anything.

2. What is the CSM-LEM separator used for, as opposed to the LEM attachment plate?

I think the ALSEP box is just cosmetic, I wouldn't mind if it was rigged as a KAS container, just big enough to hold the ALSEP gear. Tthat other LEM separator is a decoupler, I think it's a holdover from OLDD, since Danny made the CSM & LM. It's optional, Frizzank's .craft uses a stock probe sized decoupler instead.

"The excitement really didn't start to build until the trailer - which was carrying me, with a space suit with ventilation and all that sort of stuff - pulled up to the launch pad."

Nice Alan Shepard quote. A possible hint of something yet to come?

Frizzank, any chance you could convert the tga textures in FASA to some better format? As it stands, they're bugged and take up much more memory than they should. MBM is the only bug-free format right now, but PNG works as well.

Frizzank, any chance you could convert the tga textures in FASA to some better format? As it stands, they're bugged and take up much more memory than they should. MBM is the only bug-free format right now, but PNG works as well.

I actually agree with Dragon on this one. It could really improve performance.

Also can you please fix the H-1 engines. Its damn near impossible to get the Saturn 1B into orbit. I know its supposed to be hard but I have to stage into the single j-2 at a little more than 6,000 feet. I am trying to do some Skylab missions and its just doesn't want to get into orbit, at least not with enough fuel to get back home. Certainly not enough to rendezvous and orbit. Were there two j-2's for the skylab saturn 1b's?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.