[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

There was a thread a while back were people made gemini rockets out of stock parts it was really incredible.

I usually do a really good job of releasing things so people can be my personal testing sta... er I mean so people can enjoy my wonderful parts as soon as possible.

Edited by frizzank

Done

Frizzank Aeronautical Space Administration presents - Gemini and Mercury. (Warning, do not actually handle mercury, its toxic!)

http://www./download/bogcb7rwias9o6s/FASA3.00.zip

3.0 - Added Mercury capsule, Mercury parachute cap, Mercury pod engine decoupler,

Atlas main engine, Atlas booster, Atlas booster decoupler, Atlas fuel tank, Added part flags(they only show up at launch).

Moved winged Gemini Lower in the tech tree.

Lowered the bottom attach node on LR-87 so it did not clip when stacking.

Added additional science storage to Gemini

Lowered drag on Mercury parachute

Increased the strength of the centaur attach nodes, was exploding under light loads.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by frizzank

Well, I'd say that he's got more than enough suggestions in this thread to chose from. :) But first, the original plan. That reminds me, what happened to MOL?

Increased the strength of the centaur attach nodes, was exploding under light loads.

I see you still call it the Centaur Transtage :D. The Centaur and Transtage are two completely different types of engines/upper stages, as different as a Redstone and a Titan first stage. It's just a name though, so that's not very important. Anyway, I was wondering what you thought about the idea to separate the engine and fuel tank parts of this Centaur Transtage part? That would allow more mixing and matching than the currently monolithic part we've got.

You've got a separate "Centaur fuel pack", and the engine section with it's conical tanks is IMO a bit too complex to simply split off. The current was it's done is good, though I'd appreciate if it wasn't called "Centaur" but "Titan Transtage" instead.

Why would it be complex to split it off? The top of the engine doesn't have to look pretty, as it'll always be attached to one fuel tank or another. I'd think it'd be nice if the engine could be put on other fuel tanks, which is why I'm asking.

Hi

The new Atlas looks very cool.

Do you have a SAVE of the Mercury-Redstone rocket?

Thank you.

Sorry I forgot to include that in the craft files, it is really simple though. Mercury pod craft then the decoupler, next the long mercury fuel tank, and finally the redstone engine.

I see you still call it the Centaur Transtage

Its both, I did not want to make two engine packs that did relatively the same thing and looked really similar(AKA twin engine booster). Centaur was never built for Gemini lunar injection so it is possible they would have used the transtage as a base for the booster of the trans-lunar injection stage. This is where I made up the fictional Centaur Transtage. I would be more concerned with that its still missspelled in the files and folder names, but fixing it would break all the craft files.

Edited by frizzank

You've been on this forum almost 4 months now. You should know better than to ask about release. It's always either soon or not soon. In this case, the obvious answer would be soon minus any complications with KSP or Real Life.

Thanks,I'm kind of a noob towards forums.

Done

Frizzank Aeronautical Space Administration presents - Gemini and Mercury. (Warning, do not actually handle mercury, its toxic!)

http://www./download/bogcb7rwias9o6s/FASA3.00.zip

3.0 - Added Mercury capsule, Mercury parachute cap, Mercury pod engine decoupler,

Atlas main engine, Atlas booster, Atlas booster decoupler, Atlas fuel tank, Added part flags(they only show up at launch).

Moved winged Gemini Lower in the tech tree.

Lowered the bottom attach node on LR-87 so it did not clip when stacking.

Added additional science storage to Gemini

Lowered drag on Mercury parachute

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Awsome,This mod is one of the most realistic real-life spacecraft mod.I think it rivals with Bobcat's soyuz and american packs!:D

Yes, I do plan to realscale/realstat the rest. Just been busy.

Budgie: Gemini is just about right (it's a little short, basically) and same for Titan II. That is, if you rescale from 2.5m to 3m. Titan II will also work as Titan IIIC with the UA1205 solids. We need stretched Titan III-1 and Titan III-2 stages, and UA1207s (7-seg Titan SRMs) for Titan IIIM and Titan IV. But since Big G was planned for IIIC it's fine; MOL needed the IIIM.

Note, for a Titan-launched Big G we need a 2.5m Big G-style docking port and a non-tapering SM. The Big G Frizzank modeled is the version for Saturn I launch. There's not much difference between the two (a different SM, basically), though. Stretched stages can be easily done config-side (they'd also be useful for some earlier Titan variants), but UA1207s can't. Also, UA1206 would be handy for Commercial Titan III. That and two upper stages (Centaur and Agena) would pretty much make the whole Titan family except Titan I and 4B.

It's a good thing that FASA doesn't model anything more advanced than Gemini then. Those RasterProp monitors make for awesome IVA views for newer spacecraft. Oh, and the periscope doesn't need this plugin, it can be done similarly to how BobCat did Vzor on the current Soyuz version. It's the same thing which allows you to double-click on an IVA window and takes you to a view from that window.

IVA possibly, but they take a loooooooong time to do, so its going to be a few months. The periscope is a no go. FASA will remain plugin free, unless I write my own. Others of course are free to do it outside of FASA.

Thanks about your response,very good news you will create someday an IVA for this legendary spacecraft Mercury.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.