[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

A small request. Could you make the Atlas verniers point 45 degrees to the side, not straight down? Would look cooler that way, and won't clip the rocket with gimbal turned way up for RSS.

1351a.jpg

Haven't tried it yet since I'm in Career mode and that ship file apparently has something I haven't researched yet. :)

Okay, tried it again. It's a bit sensitive (took 4 tries to get it to "stay" long enough to click) but it worked. Thankfully now it's saved as a sub assembly so I don't have to mess with it again. :)

Frizzank, could you remove the staging icons from the Gemini and Mercury pods? Squad put that in by mistake in 0.22 because at first experiments were also handled through staging. But they don't, so the staging icon is useless. Just clutters up the staging list.

Frizzank, could you remove the staging icons from the Gemini and Mercury pods? Squad put that in by mistake in 0.22 because at first experiments were also handled through staging. But they don't, so the staging icon is useless. Just clutters up the staging list.

I learned the hard way that staging the Gemini pod actually triggers a decoupler -- if you have a BigG attached it will drop off when the pod is triggered.

Why wouldn't it be possible. I just checked the latest version and there's nothing in the Mercury, Big Gemini (jrandom don't see any decoupler in there) and Gemini pod file that can be staged. No engines, no decouplers, no parachutes, etc. Removing

stagingIcon = COMMAND_POD

would remove the staging icon and affect nothing as far as I can see. What am I missing?

Why wouldn't it be possible. I just checked the latest version and there's nothing in the Mercury, Big Gemini (jrandom don't see any decoupler in there) and Gemini pod file that can be staged. No engines, no decouplers, no parachutes, etc. Removing

stagingIcon = COMMAND_POD

would remove the staging icon and affect nothing as far as I can see. What am I missing?

The BigG will definitely decouple if you stage Gemini (or maybe it's staging the BigG...). Either way, if you put your parachutes in the same stage as the Gemini/BigG pod stage you will drop your BigG and it's crew to an impacty death. I though it was the g-force from the parachutes opening until I did some flight tests and discovered the deoupling... uh... "feature".

That's not in stock Gemini. I added that because the SAS/RCS ring is now (per real life) the retro, and thus can't decouple itself from the pod, the pod has to decouple it.

Well then... mystery solved. :) Is there any way to maybe get a staging icon for that? (No worries if not, just curious. Might prevent others from dropping six kerbals to their untimely deaths like I did. :P )

You have to put radial engines on it or use RCS as thrust.

Manned Orbital Labritory, or MOL. Its going to have 2 parts. The top part with IVA will be the science part that will have all the science lab hooks in it. The bottom part is an equipment module that you can fill with what ever you like.

Textures are still Temporary.

vIDPtqs.jpg

Just for scale its standard 2.5m

zkLVUWv.jpg

You have to put radial engines on it or use RCS as thrust.

Manned Orbital Labritory, or MOL. Its going to have 2 parts. The top part with IVA will be the science part that will have all the science lab hooks in it. The bottom part is an equipment module that you can fill with what ever you like.

Textures are still Temporary.

vIDPtqs.jpg

Just for scale its standard 2.5m

zkLVUWv.jpg

would you be willing to make these modular so we can have multiple equipment or hab modules?

What config do you recommend for getting the Big G to a station at 103km, using Hohmann transfer phasing orbit of 271km?

Put it on top of a titan IIIc and put 4 24-77 (Small orange ones) on the side of the science part and get it to a rendezvous with the station. In real life they would use the booster to get it to the station and then just maneuvering thrusters to dock. Then the thing would split in half and solid retro rockets get it back. I never went that detailed with it. I may fix it at a later date.

Nice. Will it have any solar panels?

Yes, big ones...

The Big G passenger module for the Rescue G, will that just be changing the colour or will you change the IVA to represent a medevac (stretchers, AED, IVs, essentially a space ambulance)?

I hadn't thought of that but it sounds awesome. If it is not too difficult to pull off I will but, IVA has a lot of problems associated with it.

would you be willing to make these modular so we can have multiple equipment or hab modules?

I did, they are 2 different pieces. Its just hard to see in the picture.

Also Im sorry the thing looks like a beer can, but blame the US Airforce in 1963.

mol1.JPG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.