[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Basically,we cannot help you if we send you a .zip file of KSP,that would basically make everyone watching this exact post spread it to torrenting sites,which is bad and Squad will be mad. And,you CAN verify the files Just go in properties and Verify integrity of game files,If that doesnt work,I dont know what will. You could join the dark side,or the light side.. whichever you choose

No offense though interily,Not trying to make you Sad and all.

I have tried to Verify the files using that method, but the WiFi Im on does not allow it. Or downloading games through Steam.

I have tried to Verify the files using that method, but the WiFi Im on does not allow it. Or downloading games through Steam.

Basically,does the wifi your on refers to a public network or a school network your on?

Well, I have a question (that you'll probably reject) Can you make Orion? My computer doesn't have space for Chaka Monkey's addon (the only addon that has orion on it). PLZZ

chaka monkey is a remake of the american pack which has orion. Not only this but there are 2 other mods besides chaka and bobcat that either have or are working on the orion. There is no reason for frizzank to waste time on something that has been done 4 times already.

Edited by raidernick

I'd rather see Jupiter/Juno II, or Vanguard. This pack is mostly concerned with Apollo and the programs surrounding it, Constellation would be out of place and likely unbalanced with FASA (as it uses modern technology, with significant optimization compared to Apollo). In general, aside from Vanguard and Juno II (even that one could be hard, since it'd be either out of proportion or don't match stock sizes), I don't see many additions that wouldn't open a whole new can of worms. It's a rather well realized pack.

If there's anything to suggest, it's the Vanguard. It would work great as 0.625m rocket (which FASA currently lacks), which might not be exactly realistic, given the real one's fate, but that shouldn't be much of a problem. :) It's second stage, the Able, could also be mounted on Atlas (well, that was a flop, too, but nevermind...) if an adapter and fairings were provided. The 3rd stage was a small solid kick motor, also launched on Atlas on occasion.

I also have a bug to report. The bug is, when I open up the Apollo parachutes it has all things open and will stay that way for the whole flight. I was planning on making a video about Apollo before I saw the glitch. Anyone know a solution or having the same bug?

when you say open do you mean deploying the chutes? The floats are connected to the chutes so dont deploy them until your ready.

It sounds like Real Chutes again to me based on the description of "The Whole Flight"

Real Chutes has a bug that is forcing the deployment of the Float on the Apollo CSM at launch. In game this has no effect except to break up the amazing visual model. The Game actually things the floats are NOT deployed (they disappear and re-deploy with Parachute deployment.)

well Dragon we do have the Redstone Juno. as well as explorer. did we ever get a vanguard satilite in orbet?

Yes, we did. Three of them. All of them are still in orbit, too. :) And will be for some 250 years. That said, eight other Vanguard launches blew up at one point or another. Not what I'd call a stellar record (still better than Atlas-Able, though).

I just remember the press with the first time they the navy tried to launch... I think the rocket blew up and the satellite landed in tact next to the launch pad in tact and started transmitting..... Stayputneck is the head line that comes to mind.... I do know that Explorer 2 is also still in orbit

Made a new SM, it doesn't have as much detail as Denny's (Which was part of the problem) but it renders about 10x faster now and I can turn reflections on again.

Last thing I am going to fix is the Cap/LES, for some reason it's blown out white.

If I have time I will separate the parachutes from the floats. That way it will not break with Real Chutes and you can place them where you like.....

jTfRv0I.jpg

That sounds great. Any chance of separating the LES system in multiple components? The real thing was quite complex:

lea.jpg

At the very least, it'd be great if tower jettison motor was separate from the main escape motor. We've used this arrangement with BobCat on the N1 and it helped avoid a lot of silly situations. For example, LES blowing up after jettison due to FAR/DRE G forces/heating damage, LES recontact with the rocket (the escape motor will generally burn straight up. It's an especially silly way to go, seeing as you just got rid of your means of escape...) and accidental orbiting of the tower assembly. It's also useful for when you jettison the LES after abort, the decoupler doesn't always do well in that case (it does for Mercury LES, but that one is extremely light and has no aerocap that could snag).

As for the rest, the pitch-over motor is a nice thing to have for pad aborts, especially for RO. Canards look cool, but they don't really serve another purpose (though IMO, looking cool is enough of a purpose for them :) ).

Seems to work fine. Pitch-over motor can be integrated, like in stock, I suppose. I'd still love a separate jettison motor, though, there was only one system that was jettisoned by firing the escape motor, and that was on Mercury. While the pitch motor helps with nominal jettison (though high-G damage from DRE will likely remain a concern), there's still a matter of BPC snagging on the CM on abort. Dunno how heavy the new tower is, but on the old one, the decoupler didn't always do the job (IIRC). Especially if you decoupled at the wrong time, and the CM pressed into the tower due to latter's higher drag (I nearly always clip some sort of jettison motor into escape towers because of that). I don't think that a two-part LES is a huge complication for the player.

So, I'm trying to launch a Saturn 1B with a manned Apollo CSM to 100 km. However, there's never enough fuel to get to orbit. The first and second stages are full, and I've taken the advice to not fully fuel the SM. But no matter what, I can never get to 100 km (which is where I intend to launch Skylab, Mir, and the ISS as part of my alternate history playthrough). Note that I'm not using Real Solar System or Realism Overhaul, but I am using MechJeb. What am I doing wrong?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.