[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

What mods on foto at the end of topic? (google-translate)

Everything shown in the original post is in this mod. If you are talking about a different post, click the number in the upper right hand corner of the post, copy the URL in your address bar, and then make a new post with that link.

Wait, why would Google translate use the word "foto" for English? That's not even an English word!

2 questions! :D

Does this work out of the box with DRE? and Does the CSM docking device work with the stock docking ports? Ive looked through a bit of this thread but didnt see anything. Thanks for the help! :D

I'm not sure about DRE compatibility "out of the box", but the Gemini and Apollo docking devices will dock with the stock Clamp-o-tron Jr. ports, as well as each other, and any other "size0" docking port.

FASA updated on kerbal stuff

http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/27/FASA

The mod compatibility update!!!

Also fixed some things...

Added FAR drag overrides to wack-a-doo Apollo engines and plates

Added firesplitter animation module to mol doors.

Added Connected Living space module to Apollo, Big G, Big G docking and Apollo docking devices. Gemini and Mercury are EVA only as intended.

Added TAC Lifesupport support to pods.

Added Deadly Reentry modules for Gemini,Big G, Gemini wing and Mercury

Added craft files for Big G, ICBM,

Added a hatch to Big G docking so you know where to get in and out of...

Updated Raster Prop Mon. to .17

Fixed center of mass on Big G docking. Moved ship into alignment so Kerbals could get into and out of easier. Part should be replaced...

Removed Big G geiger counter and gravity scan, list was full and caused errors

Fixed ICBM Inverted placement.

Edited Launch Tower staging to help with random placement in the list, increased its mass to help with jumping

Also shortened the umbilical to help with collision. Collision issues where causing the jumping and destruction of rockets at launch.

Removed 4 attach nodes from J2 plate, it was too difficult to attach the decoupler.

While we're talking mod compatibility, could you take out "CSM_Latch_NRM G+ç+Â -TŽ-+-+-+-+ů.mbm" texture out of FASA archive? It's useless, and LOD hangs on it.

While we're talking textures, there are some duplicates:

in FASA\FASA_ICBM\

ICBM_Guidance_n_NRM.png

and ICBM_Guidance_n_NRM.tga

(the diffuse map however is not duplicated)

Then in FASA\FASA_ICBM_Nosecone

ICBM_Nosecone.png

ICBM_Nosecone.tga

and

ICBM_Nosecone_n_NRM.png

ICBM_Nosecone_n_NRM.tga

Note that I haven't dug through the other folders; I just remember those from ~3.0 but I keep forgetting to tell you about them :)

I have RSO and RSS installed and for some reason, the apollo CM heat shield doesn't fit the pod, as its too small. Does anyone know how to rescale the heat shield to fit with the rest of the sizes? It's weird that ONLY that part is not scaled up...

hdjQdiX.png

Edited by TeeGee

While we're talking textures, there are some duplicates:

in FASA\FASA_ICBM\

ICBM_Guidance_n_NRM.png

and ICBM_Guidance_n_NRM.tga

(the diffuse map however is not duplicated)

Then in FASA\FASA_ICBM_Nosecone

ICBM_Nosecone.png

ICBM_Nosecone.tga

and

ICBM_Nosecone_n_NRM.png

ICBM_Nosecone_n_NRM.tga

Note that I haven't dug through the other folders; I just remember those from ~3.0 but I keep forgetting to tell you about them :)

Leftovers from the down convert. Thanks for the find.

The heat shield is small I am assuming because it is not scalled with the rest of the parts. Open up the CM .cfg and see what its scale numbers are and paste them into the heat shield, also post it on the RSO thread, as I have very little to do with that mod...

Leftovers from the down convert. Thanks for the find.

The heat shield is small I am assuming because it is not scalled with the rest of the parts. Open up the CM .cfg and see what its scale numbers are and paste them into the heat shield, also post it on the RSO thread, as I have very little to do with that mod...

Yes, he already had, wouldn't you know, he wasn't updated. It's resolved.

Hey frizzank! Love this mod - I've always considered it a staple mod to anyone I know who has KSP among Novapunch and KW Rocketry.

I have 1 problem with this install, and forgive me if is just happening to ME or what but...the Mercury capsule parachute cap is not decoupling anymore. It does not function as a decoupler.

:S

Hey frizzank! Love this mod - I've always considered it a staple mod to anyone I know who has KSP among Novapunch and KW Rocketry.

I have 1 problem with this install, and forgive me if is just happening to ME or what but...the Mercury capsule parachute cap is not decoupling anymore. It does not function as a decoupler.

:S

What is it doing, is it not activating, is it activating but not going anywhere or is it getting stuck on the parachute?

I just want to chime in how awesome this mod is. I've been keeping up with it but haven't tried it out since the Agena was introduced. I'm floored! Gemini shuttle?!?! I am having so much fun with this.

I just installed the update on a clean install and have run into a few problems. I can't throttle up or stage with the explorer probe, and the mercury capsule has no crew report option and says there is no room to store an EVA report. I don't have this problem with any of the stock probe cores or pods. I've been using FASA for a few weeks now and the thought of going back to playing without it is... unspeakable. Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

EDIT: There is an extra } in line 162 of Mercury_Pod.cfg that messes with the crew report and science container modules.

EDIT: Explorer probe core was saying it didn't have enough electric charge even with full batteries. Changing the consumption rate in modulecommand in the .cfg to 0.001 (line 55) fixes this. Any value smaller than 0.001 makes the probe unresponsive.

Edited by Walsht9
New information/fix

I am also having trouble launching the explorer once its on the launchpad it wont launch manually at all, you cant throttle up or do anything. I thought it might be a mod conflict so put it into a clean install by itself same result its like it has no electrical power you also cannot modify the stages on the pad

Edited by Virtualgenius

I am having trouble launching the explorer once its on the launchpad it wont launch manually at all, you cant throttle up or do anything. I thought it might be a mod conflict so put it into a clean install by itself same result its like it has no electrical power you also cannot modify the stages on the pad

Check my last post, I had to edit the .cfg to get it to work.

This is due to an issue in .23+ where any resource request smaller than 1-e5 per tick for an ALL_VESSEL resource (like IntakeAir or ElectricCharger) will auto-fail, even if the resource is available. And since there are many ticks per second...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.