[1.0.5] FASA 5.44

frizzank

Im having trouble with the FASA 1.25m nosecone. Is it FAR compatible? Because im trying to take off from Eve and the craft acts like its dragging a parachute. Four outer asparagus boosters are using the nose cone while the center is using a procedural fairing. I noticed that when I decouple these tanks they get sucked back very quickly and the drag disappears. I even tried decoupling the second stage not under power with full tanks and the same happened. They pull away from the center stage as if that nosecone is not working. Idk is this is something I should post in Ferram's thread or not...

The nosecones have two nodes at the side of them, right? Those nodes are, AFAIK, meant for attaching fairings. Anyway, the exposed nodes cause a lot of drag with FAR. To fix this, add the word "Fairing" to the title (NOT the name) of a part. This will not break saves, but I'm not sure whether your current crafts will be affected.

J2 now with textures

Also added a rescaled more accurate Gemini Aft section. Uses the same textures so no additional overhead.

Solid rocket boosters are now in the correct stage on the new part. The aft section will probably have some science added to it.

I didn't get rid of the old ones. I like them, so these are an addition to them for the more hard core players.

F3jYnaT.jpg

bZQDWgH.jpg

iSX9FHT.jpg

Something is missing?

G0uwEnT.jpg

There it is!

s3N1j9J.jpg

Hey folks, Having a slight issue with the Launch Tower attached to the Gemini pod. Any time it releases it acts like it wants to tear the ship apart, and I even got a message earlier of "Crew reaching G limit" from Deadly Re-entry (also, compatibility with DR would be nice)

Hey folks, Having a slight issue with the Launch Tower attached to the Gemini pod. Any time it releases it acts like it wants to tear the ship apar...

It was an issue with collision mesh, now fixed, and the towers are available as a standalone pack if you don't want to redownload/install the full bundle again.

Yes I just dont have the time to do particles for each of the engines. The job is open if anyone wants to take a crack at it. If they look better than the stock ones I will include them in FASA.

Although I would love to help with this, I have zero experience in 3-D modeling programs, and cannot make any reasonable contribution of that sort. Although, I have made a drawing with an approximate representation of the exhaust of all of the engines for anybody who wants to make the new effects. On a final note, the J-2 exhaust got a little fudged.

ehF7yCo.jpg?2

EDIT:oof. Thats a little blurry...

Edited by m00f
image was too big

Although I would love to help with this, I have zero experience in 3-D modeling programs, and cannot make any reasonable contribution of that sort. Although, I have made a drawing with an approximate representation of the exhaust of all of the engines for anybody who wants to make the new effects. On a final note, the J-2 exhaust got a little fudged.

http://i.imgur.com/ehF7yCo.jpg?2

EDIT:oof. Thats a little blurry...

Just a note, the F-1 engines had an area of very dark exhaust right below the engine bell, seen here:

Well, no. He answered a question I didn't ask, which would be something like "How is a complex mesh useful in development." Right?

I don't care about that and I didn't ask that. I'm *using* the mod, I'm not helping him develop it, am I?

Look guys this is getting a little out of hand. Depending on how computers work my concern may not even be that big of an issue. Also I really have no interest in teaching people about critical thinking and the proper application of logic. If you're curious you'll learn those yourself. You can start by googling "strawman argument" and taking it from there. GG

I quit giving a hot **** about what you had to say after you used the the term Strawman Argument. I see every kid now use that whenever they get an answer they don't like.

wah wah "strawman argument" wah wah.

I am done with conversating with you, so have a coke and smile and go back to your kiddy skool corner and be a good boy and let the adults talk.

I quit giving a hot **** about what you had to say after you used the the term Strawman Argument. I see every kid now use that whenever they get an answer they don't like.

wah wah "strawman argument" wah wah.

I am done with conversating with you, so have a coke and smile and go back to your kiddy skool corner and be a good boy and let the adults talk.

The irony is, he was the one who used an actual strawman argument, by comparing his computer to a supercomputer, as if those of us unconcerned about a few extra polygons must be running KSP on DeepThought itself.

You probably shouldn't immediately jump to an ad hominem attack agrument, though :wink:

The irony is, he was the one who used an actual strawman argument, by comparing his computer to a supercomputer, as if those of us unconcerned about a few extra polygons must be running KSP on DeepThought itself.

You probably shouldn't immediately jump to an ad hominem attack agrument, though :wink:

LOL, so true. :)

Hey i have a problem with this mod, everytime i extract the files into the right places and boot up the game, i look and find most of the parts are not in game. only a few engines and fuel tanks and mercury adapters are there, no command pods or anything and this is in sandbox mode, please help i love this mod, never encountered this problem before on other computers.

Edited by genesis216

Come on guys, let's be civil and leave the topic to Frizzank's pretty models.

Those pictures could be used for educational purposes, so nicely done :)

I fail to see what's missing between the two pictures, unless you're talking about the Mun.

I made the scaling slightly longer, its closer to scale now.

The utility pack at the back now has a Geiger counter, storage for an extra science experiment, electricity and mono fuel.

I moved the Retrorockets from the utility pack to the RCS unit, where they are in real life. Also I made them solid instead of liquid fueled.

The old ones still exist these are just an addition too.

Gemini.gif

New one is on the right

6Z89eou.jpg

I am looking for the list of default icons you can call in the cfg? I have searched the forums and found nothing.

CUSTOM

MYSTERY_PART

LIQUID_ENGINE

SOLID_BOOSTER

COMMAND_POD

DECOUPLER_VERT

DECOUPLER_HOR

FUEL_TANK

PARACHUTES

WINGLETS

SAS

STRUT

STRUT_CONNECTOR

ADV_SAS

RCS_TANK

RCS_MODULE

FUEL_LINE

LANDING_LEG

REACTION_WHEEL

WHEEL

LANDING_GEAR

PROBE

SCIENCE_GENERIC

... If I find the list with pictures, I'll update.

Is it possible to have more than one staging icon per part?

No, if a part has multiple modules defined, the staging icon used is defined by the last "stagingIcon =" if any are present, or the first defined module found in the config file.

Edited by Roxette

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.