LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Hmm, it does sound like it's either in the wrong place, or you've deleted a .mu file.

For the omni-radar config (a bit hidden unfortunately, it's in the PolyHab config) you'll find the references the game uses to know where the models are:

MODEL
{
model = LLL/Parts/Structural/LLLPolyHab/model
position = 0 , 0.5 , 0
}
MODEL
{
model = Squad/Parts/Structural/trussAdapter/model
position = 0 , -0.5 , 0
}

So that model.mu needs to be 'KSP_win/GameData/LLL/Parts/Structural/LLLPolyHab/model' (or whatever your root KSP's folder is) otherwise the game won't know where it is so can't lose it.

A lot of the models use the MODEL{} system, so the whole GameData/LLL/ file structure needs to be intact. Also, are you using an operating system other than windows, I'm sure I remember people on Linux having problems with the file-loader system and case recognition.

Edit:

Got a problem, copying KSP to another computer, one of my ships won't load. It says it cant find part LLLRCS1

I downloaded LLL-Lite v1, LLL 10.7 Test 2 and LLL 10-7-3 and can't see RCS block, can someone help? The other machine isnt available right now.

LLLRCS1 should be in LLL/Parts/Structural/LLL2x1to2-5mNew/

It uses:

RCS.cfg

and

Weight.mu

That's because I went on to use the texture I made for that adaptor for a whole lot of models, saves RAM and all that jazz.

Edited by Lack

Thanks for the quick reply. I see in that folder RCS.cfg, but I dont see LLLRC1 in the same folder... Weight.mu is there.

EDIT: The part seems to be missing from the ZIP on Mediafire....

Really? Well, I haven't updated the main upload in a while, I'll check it.

Anyway, here's the contents of RCS.cfg, the only other LLL file it needs is the Weight.mu

http://pastebin.com/GtKs5Lh6

Edit: Well, it's in the copy I downloaded of MF. Not sure why it wouldn't load.

Which version file are you grabbing exactly? The RCS.cfg file looks ok...

LLLRCS1 is in RCS.cfg (name = LLLRCS1), and the only LLL model is uses is Weight.mu. If both of those are there, by all godly reason it should load.

Tried with LLL-Lite and LLL 10.7.3. It isn't in LLL-10.7-Test2.zip since it was added in 10.7.3

Ah, finally have a bit of free time. Anyway, spent the morning messing around with the idea of a stock expansion pack.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

And as it just uses the stock part's texture files, the only memory footprint is the models and configs themselves.

Playing around with the hand-holds

W6SNV3V.gif

Edit:

And a plane fuselage:

4D01mXm.png

Edited by Lack

Ah, finally have a bit of free time. Anyway, spent the morning messing around with the idea of a stock expansion pack.

http://imgur.com/a/EeT47

And as it just uses the stock part's texture files, the only memory footprint is the models and configs themselves.

Playing around with the hand-holds

http://i.imgur.com/W6SNV3V.gif

Edit:

And a plane fuselage:

http://i.imgur.com/4D01mXm.png

OMG I can't wait!

OMG I can't wait!

Well, here's another picture. The 'Bonny' 0.625m Cockpit.

zHM5bNp.png

Bit of a ramshackle plane, since there aren't really many 0.625m parts.

Edit:

Two more:

dfpmafw.png

DVK26qt.png

Edit 2:

Heh, the thing's so light that I didn't even need the engines, with the flaps just tapping the direction keys is enough to accelerate to a fair ol whack.

Edited by Lack

Lack.....

Y U do dis to me? Y?

I'm trying to ween myself off of large non-stockalike packs. You're making me relapse!

EDIT: There's a mod that gives rescaled 0.625m jet engines, fuel tanks, and a bunch of other plane parts. There's also RLA stockalike, which gives a bunch of stockalike probe sized rocket parts.

Lack.....

Y U do dis to me? Y?

I'm trying to ween myself off of large non-stockalike packs. You're making me relapse!

EDIT: There's a mod that gives rescaled 0.625m jet engines, fuel tanks, and a bunch of other plane parts. There's also RLA stockalike, which gives a bunch of stockalike probe sized rocket parts.

Ah, yes, so there was. I think I had it installed at one point. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called, though.

Edit: Could have been 'Pizza and Aerospace', I'll check.

Edit 2:

Yep, that's the one. That and Firespitter works rather nicely.

KCMHZ6s.png

JRRVSvA.png

mI9JO4q.png

Edited by Lack

Ah, yes, so there was. I think I had it installed at one point. Can't for the life of me remember what it was called, though.

Edit: Could have been 'Pizza and Aerospace', I'll check.

Edit 2:

Yep, that's the one. That and Firespitter works rather nicely.

http://i.imgur.com/KCMHZ6s.png

http://i.imgur.com/JRRVSvA.png

http://i.imgur.com/mI9JO4q.png

I want these. I want these stock expansion parts soon please.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Didn't make anything new, so messed around a bit and re-sized a few fire-spitter parts. Nimble little things those little planes.

Edit: Decided to make something.

NS2u5s9.png

Another version without heat-shield:

PYwetZ1.png

fByurNa.png

Edit:

Cleaned it up a little.

nFl29e4.png

And a slightly larger fuselage part for it

H9OOfp6.png

Edited by Lack

uhh lack i think i have a problem with the SXT parts.....

well the textures seem to be replaced with just black as in all the parts just turn the color black which is really weird but besides that there is nothing wrong but i will re download to make sure that there isn't a problem with the download

uhh lack i think i have a problem with the SXT parts.....

well the textures seem to be replaced with just black as in all the parts just turn the color black which is really weird but besides that there is nothing wrong but i will re download to make sure that there isn't a problem with the download

I sort of expected something along those lines might happen. Means that the MODEL{} loader isn't managing to grab the textures from /Squad/. First things, you've definitely got SXT's file path right, so it should be GameData/SXT/ServiceMod1/model.mu et cetera?

Then, try replacing the textures in SXT with an image file that's a bit bigger, say 6x6, 32x32 or something, rather than 1x1. That might help, THSS didn't always run on my KSP until I re-scaled a few of the 1x1 pixel textures. Failing that you can just copy the required textures from Squad's folder (it'll tell you which ones they are in the SXT part's configs), then comment (//) out the relevant 'texture = model000 , Squad/..../model000' lines.

Stock expansion pack? As if I didn't love you enough!

Thanks!

Edited by Lack

Lack, this pack is beautiful!

But there is one thing. How do you use the hollow crew walkways with "intersections" (i.e. turns)

I never intended them to be used as actual walkways, just for looks. I suppose I should make some sort of intersection part really.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.