LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

that had me ROFLMAO Lack nice one reminds me of the time my command pod somehow landed upside down due to some weirdness with two radial parachutes. I look forward to the new parts you have as they look really nice!

http://i.imgur.com/LyOgP6V.png

Hehe. I suspect I would have to write something along the lines of 'Out of Bounds Lateral Velocity' in the accident report for that one.

Anyway, made a larger passenger cabin that has a crew hatch. Not sure if the 15' displacement between the cockpit's flight deck and the passenger cabin annoys me or not.

68EG6zZ.png

6FXEMlN.png

Edit:

And a tail part (instead of the fire-spitter bomber tail from before)

CZlyKax.png

r3JY3Da.png

Edit:

Latest:

SXT-Alpha-0-2.zip

Edited by Lack

Hmm, so you're moving more into airplane parts now. Interesting.

It's more about seeing how far I can push a pack with just using the stock part's textures, and the stock aero-space section could do with a bit of fleshing out. Trying to make a foil-coated probe-core at the moment,

LayxevO.png

Might I request cargo bays? I always want cargo bays!

I'm sure I can manage that.

Finished the probe.

NAWt6gj.png

CvrydIk.png

zCUHhL7.png

Carries a little bit of Xenon as well.

Edit:

A few tweaks

9YVbQQw.png

ad9j9R7.png

Edited by Lack

uhh lack

Bug Report for the SXT:

HuBtPWm.png

yeah as you can see the texture have been replaced even though they function okay but the textures are still gone

i have many mods installed already but the one that may have caused this is visual enhancements or squad reduction pack although i am not sure of either

uhh lack

Bug Report for the SXT:

yeah as you can see the texture have been replaced even though they function okay but the textures are still gone

i have many mods installed already but the one that may have caused this is visual enhancements or squad reduction pack although i am not sure of either

Yes, that's what I was on about before when I said MODEL{} wasn't managing to retrieve the textures from the Squad folder. They come out as black.

It may be the squad reduction pack, I'll try it on mine. But the file extension shouldn't matter really.

It also doesn't seem to have grabbed the .mu for the stock fuselage. Does this file exist on your install?

GameData/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/MK1FuselageStructural/model.mu

Edited by Lack

Hey lack any chance you can add in some smaller fuselage/fuel tanks and maybe a engine for the Bonny? Here is what i managed to do with the Bonny with just stock parts.

Weight: 7.151 tons

Fuel/Oxidizer load: 310/378

Max thrust: 80kN

Max Acceleration: 11.19m/s

Surface TWR 1.14

Crew: 1

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Yes, that's what I was on about before when I said MODEL{} wasn't managing to retrieve the textures from the Squad folder. They come out as black.

It may be the squad reduction pack, I'll try it on mine. But the file extension shouldn't matter really.

It also doesn't seem to have grabbed the .mu for the stock fuselage. Does this file exist on your install?

Squad/Parts/FuelTank/MK1FuselageStructural/model.mu

it showed instead of Squad/Parts/FuelTank/MK1FuselageStructural/model.mu it showedSquad/Parts/FuelTank/MK1FuselageStructural/model

also the weird thing is i have tried to uninstall squad reduction but it would uninstall because i deleted the batch and pasted over the reduced parts with the original stock parts but the errors still exist which is becoming annoying right now

it showed instead of Squad/Parts/FuelTank/MK1FuselageStructural/model.mu it showedSquad/Parts/FuelTank/MK1FuselageStructural/model

also the weird thing is i have tried to uninstall squad reduction but it would uninstall because i deleted the batch and pasted over the reduced parts with the original stock parts but the errors still exist which is becoming annoying right now

Well, it's working on my .22 install with the Squad reduction pack. Although on that install it hadn't messed with the .mu extension like it seems to have on yours, that folder's contents look like this:

TwJ5Jo4.png

Also, I believe the texture reduction packs were rendered obsolete by one of the recent Active Texture Management releases.

Hey lack any chance you can add in some smaller fuselage/fuel tanks and maybe a engine for the Bonny? Here is what i managed to do with the Bonny with just stock parts.

I'm sure I can knock something up. 'Pizza and Aero-space' and Firespitter work quite nicely for now.

Edited by Lack

Hey lack loving the new parts thx again! Also i been playing around with gold foils , trying to add them to a Icarus project I was able to get a pretty decent texture with no copyright. It worked well with ksp and looks nice. thought id give it a share http://o-o-o-o-0-o-o-o-o.deviantart.com/art/Seamless-Gold-Texture-324236433

Hey lack loving the new parts thx again! Also i been playing around with gold foils , trying to add them to a Icarus project I was able to get a pretty decent texture with no copyright. It worked well with ksp and looks nice. thought id give it a share http://o-o-o-o-0-o-o-o-o.deviantart.com/art/Seamless-Gold-Texture-324236433

Thanks, I nicked the colour values for the specular shader's settings, looks better now.

Right, made a 0.625m tail part.

Wings and engines are from 'Pizza and Aero-space' and Firespitter.

Edited by Lack

Hey Lack, any notice on when you'll be updating the LLL pack?

If not, can anybody tell me what I need to add to have the cargo bay doors open and close in the editor?

Also, I like your venture into planes. Keep it up!

Thank you. I'll be leaving LLL for a bit, most of what's left to do is squishing bugs like that f'ing rescale on reload bug.

You'll need to grab the Firespitter .dll and use the animation module from that and do it the same way B9 does. That or write a plugin yourself.

As I've said a few times now, the tweakables are dependent on the type of module (e.g. landing gear), they didn't get tweakables properly finished in .23 so you can't add it via config (Although, you could perhaps hook the animation into the landing gear module). Well, at least as far as I'm aware.

Edited by Lack

Thank you. I'll be leaving LLL for a bit, most of what's left to do is squishing bugs like that f'ing rescale on reload bug.

You'll need to grab the Firespitter .dll and use the animation module from that and do it the same way B9 does. That or write a plugin yourself.

As I've said a few times now, the tweakables are dependent on the type of module (e.g. landing gear), they didn't get tweakables properly finished in .23 so you can't add it via config (Although, you could perhaps hook the animation into the landing gear module). Well, at least as far as I'm aware.

Would this be the animation module in question?

MODULE
{
name = FSanimateGeneric
animationName = Cargo_A_Toggle
startEventGUIName = Close cargo bay doors
endEventGUIName = Open cargo bay doors
toggleActionName = Toggle cargo bay doors
availableInEVA = True
EVArange = 10
}

Taken from the B9 cargo hold.

Do I just replace your module

MODULE
{
name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
animationName = cargodoor
isOneShot = false
startEventGUIName = Close Doors
endEventGUIName = Open Doors
}

With it? Putting in the "cargodoor" in the animationName.

You know what... I'm just gonna try it.

Edit: Yep. Seems to have worked...

Edited by BananaDealer

New craft that i made, almost looks like a SU-## forgot the exact number but the one that this looks a lot like. I have trouble with that stupid infinite glider/ infinite speed bug thing unless the front wingy bits are disabled for all three directions, and the roll removed from the main wings, It has 2 SAS in the front that can easily roll the craft and I'm thinking of removing the roll from the last wing also. Sitting on the runway this plane is already at a 10 degree tilt and leap off the ground at a mere 20-30m/s surface speed and a few meters of runway. It is quite stable with SAS off, but I have it on as it help when this noob flies.

Stats: To be added in later.

Would this be the animation module in question?

-snip-

Edit: Yep. Seems to have worked...

Glad to hear it worked, added it to the FAQ in the op.

New craft that i made, almost looks like a SU-## forgot the exact number but the one that this looks a lot like. I have trouble with that stupid infinite glider/ infinite speed bug thing unless the front wingy bits are disabled for all three directions, and the roll removed from the main wings, It has 2 SAS in the front that can easily roll the craft and I'm thinking of removing the roll from the last wing also. Sitting on the runway this plane is already at a 10 degree tilt and leap off the ground at a mere 20-30m/s surface speed and a few meters of runway. It is quite stable with SAS off, but I have it on as it help when this noob flies.

Very nice. I've had the same problems with infi-gliding, makes landing a bit interesting. Luckily the firespitter propeller has a reverse thrust setting. I'm going to try my hand at a stock propeller, I reckon I might be able to get it to work with the new engine module.

Got another request for you, Lack, if it's okay.

I designed another pod for the Eagle - this is based on the Science/Booster Pod from Season 2.

ogsaUMC.png

And I was wondering if you could do something similar for this that was done for the Eagle Passenger Pod - meld the pieces together. I tried with Ubiozur's Welding and... gack. Something really screwy happens to LLL pieces when you try that. No matter what you do, the pieces seem to want to rotate 90 degrees the WRONG direction as they're being welded. Just doesn't work.

I'd like this basic shape - without the windows I might add.

Iv8nQk2.png

Also - just a suggestion: Have you considered adding new IVAs to parts like the square module hulls? The Hitchhiker IVA is functional. But obviously doesn't actually fit inside the LLL Pieces that allow Kerbals to reside, except for maybe the big 4x4 parts. ( I use the Kerbal Manifest system). Would be nice to have an LLL themed Passenger IVA.

How about science lab capability? There's a big science processor lab in the Squad stock parts. But it'd be nice to be able to use that functionality with LLL parts instead of lugging that big thing around.

Love the new aero parts! Particularly the small ones. I've never seen anyone try to make cockpit pods for that small scale before. That's really useful!

lack, can you release the latest SXT version with the 0.625 tail?

It'll be released this evening, patience. Well, I plan to, I've got relatives coming over for dinner so it'll depend on what time that finishes and how long it'll take to clean up.

@Kvick,

That aimed at me/thread title? I corrected it to the Commonwealth spelling rather than the Americanised one, not sure which way round I prefer it. I'll likely umm and arr about it for a bit then change it back.

@Logan,

I'm sure I can manage that. It's not too hard to do once you get your head round the co-ordinates.

As for IVAs, given that the last one I attempted almost resulted in my computer being defenestrated, I'm sworn off them for the time being. Science lab might be tricky, last time I tried to add the module to a part it would cause the game to crash on load, I haven't revisited it.

Edit:

A conformal air-intake and the new shader settings for the probe.

Eh, Here's the latest release.

SXT-Alpha-0-3

I should probably be watching the food instead of playing with KSP.

Edited by Lack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.