LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

Nice Plane!

Are you using FAR? because if you are well Done! if not, Well done as well :)

Also if you are bored with career you could try out ksp interstellar :) (on a new save)

and no no using far for me :P

believe it or not my dads an aircraft engineer XD he worked for NASA a lil but got fed up of "the narrow minded twats thinking about mars more than the moon" or something

to be honest :/ i'm not sure about the whole tempature thing... i mean it looks great but... i'm not sure... i mean i've been to all the planets so why do i need reactors and shizzle for? (i'm just asking) XD

plus the way my career went i'm pretty sure kerbin would be like fallout within the first few tries of launching XD

also i'd have to get the fix for the B9 parts because it's my main mod

Edited by AntiMatter001

Thanks for suggestions, I'll be using them for future reference.

SXT-alpha-0.6

Change log (as far as I can recall):

IVA for the Bonny

0.625m Jet engine and intake

1.25m animated air-intake

2.5m Animated Cargo-Bay (And yes, Cpt. Sierra, it has some internal attach-nodes).

3.75m Fuel tanks and adaptor

Re: LEM's magic torque. Well, it's a problem with the game engine and low orbits (as has been pointed out earlier) that seems to be exacerbated by the collision mesh. I've adjusted it and buffed the torque on the LEM's SAS, this should reduce and bypass the problem somewhat.

Htzz0Zu.gif

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I should probably note I'll likely be leaving LLL alone for a while, I'm quite busy now so I'd prefer to avoid modding fatigue and SXT is an interesting enough distraction.

I should probably note I'll likely be leaving LLL alone for a while, I'm quite busy now so I'd prefer to avoid modding fatigue and SXT is an interesting enough distraction.

Aww, crud! :(

Well, there goes my list of requests and suggestions into the garbage.

But, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. :rolleyes:

Edited by Neutrinovore

SXT-alpha-0.6

IVA for the Bonny

2.5m Animated Cargo-Bay (And yes, Cpt. Sierra, it has some internal attach-nodes).

Re: LEM's magic torque. Well, it's a problem with the game engine and low orbits (as has been pointed out earlier) that seems to be exacerbated by the collision mesh. I've adjusted it and buffed the torque on the LEM's SAS, this should reduce and bypass the problem somewhat.

http://i.imgur.com/Htzz0Zu.gif

http://imgur.com/a/PLxMV

one thing i've got to admit.... lack can make the smallest of things o.O

I can't imagine how cramped that would be...

Hehe, perhaps the crewtank should be distinctly kerbal shaped.

And now that I have everyone's attention.

BOY what incredible creations in this thread. I've spent hours browsing the various images getting inspired. (And depressed because my results usually aren't half as pretty as most of the creations here!)

Lack, you truly unleashed the creative potential of your users.

SXT-alpha-0.6

IVA for the Bonny

http://i.imgur.com/Htzz0Zu.gif

http://imgur.com/a/PLxMV

WOW a modder that listens to suggestions? Who'd have ever thought it!?

Thanks Lack, for listening to us!

Now for 5m parts :3

But seriously, for the new 3.75m fuel tanks and thrusters, Are they in a seperate node even further on from things like the mainsail? Would be cool since it gives more targets for science trips :D

Edited by SirusKing

Aww, crud! :(

Well, there goes my list of requests and suggestions into the garbage.

Not entirely wasted, they're still there for when I go back to LLL and I can send you a link to the .blender files if you fancy messing around with it yourself. They're also why the 2.5m cargo bay slides inside itself instead of opening outwards.

@Cpt. Sierra,

Yep, but engines tend to be fairly time consuming things to make and I'll need to decide on their shape.

@Sirus,

Those 3.5m where very close to becoming 5m parts (perhaps making a full stock-a-like Saturn V), but I wasn't sure about the balancing of that so went for 3.5m (Besides, I was under the impression squad had some 3.5m parts planned). Could make one as a side-project actually.

I haven't touched the tech-tree integration yet, so it's probably still a bit all over the place.

Not entirely wasted, they're still there for when I go back to LLL and I can send you a link to the .blender files if you fancy messing around with it yourself. They're also why the 2.5m cargo bay slides inside itself instead of opening outwards.

@Cpt. Sierra,

Yep, but engines tend to be fairly time consuming things to make and I'll need to decide on their shape.

@Sirus,

Those 3.5m where very close to becoming 5m parts (perhaps making a full stock-a-like Saturn V), but I wasn't sure about the balancing of that so went for 3.5m (Besides, I was under the impression squad had some 3.5m parts planned). Could make one as a side-project actually.

I haven't touched the tech-tree integration yet, so it's probably still a bit all over the place.

Oh, well, cool, thanks for the credit. :) But no, don't worry about sending any Blender files or anything, I'd have no idea what to do with them, nor do I have the software even if I wanted to, lol. Thanks for the offer, though.

Yeah, I know I'm being selfish when I say that it would really be great if you continued working on the LLL-Full pack, but hey, it's cool, sometimes you have to step away from something for a while, no worries. And it's not like I hate the SXT stuff, but I just don't really build airplanes, and the rocket stuff is... well, I'll just say that there are already a lot of round rocket parts out there. :) That's what makes (most of) your stuff so interesting, the fact that it's not just another cylindrical rocket blasting off into space.

Anyway, keep on keepin' on, Lack. Of course I'll look forward to any and all of your creations. Stay frosty, my friend. :D

Hey Lack.

Nice Mod(s)

I'm trying to build a big Spaceship for Planet to Planet transports and could use some more adapters.

Something like a 2x2 to 4x4, 4x4 to 4 times 2,5m, 2x2 to 2x(2x4) and 2x(2x4) to 4x4.

And for a Trimaran-like Spaceplane I could use a Dropramp Leg in the length of a 2x4 ramp but in 2x2.

So as my previous poster said: keep on the good work.

PS. Is there a way to get the rotation of the rotating Habs toggleable?

Hey Lack.

Nice Mod(s)

I'm trying to build a big Spaceship for Planet to Planet transports and could use some more adapters.

Something like a 2x2 to 4x4, 4x4 to 4 times 2,5m, 2x2 to 2x(2x4) and 2x(2x4) to 4x4.

And for a Trimaran-like Spaceplane I could use a Dropramp Leg in the length of a 2x4 ramp but in 2x2.

So as my previous poster said: keep on the good work.

PS. Is there a way to get the rotation of the rotating Habs toggleable?

As I said, I'm leaving LLL alone for the time being. There's far too many adaptors as it is, and you can make most of what might be needed with the existing ones, or resizes if you simply must have a specific one. I can provide you with the blender file so you can resize it to the appropriate size if you'd like.

Yes, you could make the rotating hab toggleable, have a look at how mods such as B9 aerospace handles animations using the fire-spitter plugin. I've tried to avoid making LLL actually require plugins, one thing I very much don't care for is needing to rely on others, so I'd worry if an update broke the plugin. Hence I've left that up to the users to do, some have been kind enough to post ModuleManager configs for parts, which is greatly appreciated as I always encourage user contribution.

Anyway,

Had a lazy Sunday and made a Saturn V.

Haven't had much luck getting the top shroud in game

K9YLa1F.png

I've mucked something up somewhere along the line, reckon it's an errant texture. Hopefully not too hard to fix.

MM2H2wh.png

b2Huqhg.png

Yep, it was a problem with the render settings.

Still need to play around with the sizing a bit, as it is the RCS sticks out of the side when it's closed. Also shown, the thruster I made for Stages two and three mounted as an intermediary engine (between the LV-T30/45 and the larger engines like the Skipper).

Does anyone have any examples of the lady-bug and larger version and the robotic orbital thingy in action? can't figure out how to use them properly, where do the wheels go on the ladybug? the front part doesn't really seem to suit wheel mounting etc.

Btw would be nice if you edited OP with the pictures for SXT, can't find them.

Edited by K3|Chris

I tried SXT out yesterday and was sold. It's BRILLIANT! The only things that I think is missing is a 3.75m engine (or two), and a 3.75m decoupler. But for now, I can just use some parts from other mods to fill those gaps.

EDIT: Oh look what you posted on the last page! Looks really great.

I tried SXT out yesterday and was sold. It's BRILLIANT! The only things that I think is missing is a 3.75m engine (or two), and a 3.75m decoupler. But for now, I can just use some parts from other mods to fill those gaps.

EDIT: Oh look what you posted on the last page! Looks really great.

He has been working on 3.75 meters part.lack has been adding a lot of great parts to SXT.

Does anyone have any examples of the lady-bug and larger version and the robotic orbital thingy in action? can't figure out how to use them properly, where do the wheels go on the ladybug? the front part doesn't really seem to suit wheel mounting etc.

Btw would be nice if you edited OP with the pictures for SXT, can't find them.

Well, it's KSP, there's no 'right way' for anything, but here's how I use them:

Ladybug: http://i.imgur.com/u4RQNuu.jpg

Scarab: http://i.imgur.com/2JkW65I.jpg

The scavenger pod is simple to use. It's just a command pod with some RCS, liquid fuel engines. It can also latch onto most common docking ports with the top node.

@wasmic,

Thanks, yep, 3.75m engines and decouplers are coming.

I'm unsure as whether to have the Saturn V as a separate download or not. I'm not entirely convinced about the balance of 5m parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.