LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

i noticed alot of people are using a space eagle mod, where can i get it for 0.23?

Check my sig below. Links to the official spaceport download. I also recommend downloading my Eagle pack which is also linked in the sig. The Mk 3 Eagle is the most stable build, but although it technically works for .23, it hasn't really been updated yet. My pack corrects the problems and I have several craft files in the pack with pre-made Eagle pods ready to go. I do use other mods and those are listed in the "Read-Me" file that comes in the download.

Working on an ambitious little project...

7AYRX4g.jpg

Jh4a7hU.jpg

tPHSpF0.jpg

lsyarYX.jpg

After having seen "Moon" (great movie) I really feel like making a moon base. Since I noticed your parts are definitely inspired by that film, I decided to give it a try using your pack. And god, I love using it. The structural parts are great for building somewhat realistic bases. I'll keep you guys updated when I make progress.

Oh, Lack, probably a good idea to add an "optional" MM .cfg that makes the new probe body RT compatible.

In other news, I'll be updating the Cabana Corp pack an a couple to add it's experiments to your probe.

The thing looks neat by the way, however a top attachment node (for dishes and whatnot) wouldn't hurt...

BananaDealer,

Heh, my history of wondering away from the kitchen and completely forgetting is what was stopping me. A long history of burnt food and cold cups of tea.

Kvick,

I guess too much time working with various agencies has skewed my perception of abbreviations. Be thankful I didn't go with something like AKSTRBS - lAcKluSTRe laBS. I think I prefer the original as well, but it's only been changed a day or two.

Nubcaker,

Wow, now that is impressive.

Banana,

Done and done. It'll be in the next alpha version.

Galactic,

Aye, sure thing.

A few new screenshots.

LCLoXpA.png

Forgive the editing, I got bored.

RLyHlhs.png

I'm having a go at an IVA for it, because, hey, they can't be as bad as I remember, right? They're worse. (I've now got it aligned and in game, but it won't load the textures so it's just black).

Edited by Lack

Right, brief progress update before I pop off to bed.

Descent module pretty much done.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Still need to play with the attachment nodes a bit. I've got the 'textures' to actually load in the IVA (Needed to be 32x32 not 1x1 for the parts loader to recognise them), but it's still very basic.

Not sure if I'll bother with actually making landing legs, this pretty sums up my last experience with trying to get the updated landing legs module to work.

http://i.imgur.com/Gl9rmWb.gif

But I have the same reaction to IVAs, and I at least got this one in game. Shot through the top window of the IVA when undocking http://i.imgur.com/Lm0Yqvy.png

Edited by Lack

Hey Lack, just to let you know- Cabana Corp. now supports your probe body. Our experiments will now be available to anyone with both mods.

Ah excellent, thanks.

@mbvanities,

Very nice. Do you mind if I post the album in the OP?

--

SXT-alpha-0-4.zip

Assembly album.

You'll need to put a decoupler between the Descent and Ascent stages. I did try having one of them set up as the decoupler, but I couldn't stop the descent engine drawing fuel from the ascent stage.

I think I've quashed any of the phantom forces after some jigerry pokery with the collision meshes. I'd considered removing the reaction wheels entirely and making people rely on just the RCS, but that seemed mean and if the phantom forces do re-emerge then it'll counter that. As they are, they have the same strength as the probe cores. Still need to add that little platform infront of the ascent, but that can wait.

Hey Lack, I'm doing a ModuleManager once-over to add VAB/SPH open/close toggles for your cargo bays (I really need to be able to close those in-editor for my shuttle program).

Just so I don't miss anything, are these all of the ID handles:

2x1droprampcargo

4x2droprampcargo

4x2newcargo

4x2newcargo2

2x2newcargo

4x4newcargo

Also, tell me if you want me to throw the config your way so you can put it up for people.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.