[Sowcase] The Grand Re-Entry MEGATHREAD!

the draktek asteroids mod is lols... i re-enter, it glows but doesnt display a trail (which is fine) and then it hits the surface of duna and BOUNCES OFF! you guys shoud get that mod. be warned that you probably wont be able to see the asteroid in the assembly building and youll have to zoom out a lot to see it becuase they are 500m asteroids. using hyperedit, i gave mun a new moon in 6km orbit. does anyone find the concept of moons with moons (with moons(with moons) a bit mind-boggling?

the draktek asteroids mod is lols... i re-enter, it glows but doesnt display a trail (which is fine) and then it hits the surface of duna and BOUNCES OFF! you guys shoud get that mod. be warned that you probably wont be able to see the asteroid in the assembly building and youll have to zoom out a lot to see it becuase they are 500m asteroids. using hyperedit, i gave mun a new moon in 6km orbit. does anyone find the concept of moons with moons (with moons(with moons) a bit mind-boggling?

Moons of moons are uncommon, due to the fact that the gravitational field of the parent body of the moon will end up stealing the moons moon. But they can happen, just very uncommon and short lived.

My Eve rover and the combination Deorbit/skycrane stage. That heatshield was a bitchandahalf to get out of atmosphere.

screenshot30_zps2464f158.png

The Nova SHLLV (all stock, kudos to Temstar, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/24787-0-19-1-Zenith-rocket-family ) center stage on reentry.

SHLLVCenterStageReentry_zpsef6d6b55.jpg

Edited by Pyromaniacal
Had to give credit!

Maybe the wrong place to ask this, but what are the parameters to get the re-entry effects? I haven't had any luck so far when de-orbiting. :/

Lerning to fly an SSTO just then, and the effect kicked in at about 790m/s

1r8cXPq.jpg

...snip

The cool thing about this one, is nobody will ever know what it was I was trying to land on Eve.

It is just a blazing fireball of mystery. :wink:

ooo, ooo, my guess; a ball of batteries.

My cargo carrying SSTO re-entering;

HPuttfUh.jpg

66fGRlTm.jpg

I've not named this craft yet, but these pics are making me think "The Phoenix" wouldn't be a bad name.

This is my Duna mission aerobraking on a nice orbit. It looked really cool as the sun came over the horizon with the moon already in view. It took three attempts to get the right altitude for a proper brake. (11 km in my case)

eOAtNVq.png

6BixF86.png Had to rescue bob who was floating in space, he was fixing part of the space station that is currently under-construction and his ship decided to land without him, sent this up to get him and he kissed the floor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.