[0.23.5]General Propulsionâ„¢ SOLD

Galacticruler

Just curious, are those blutonium tanks from KW? They look a bit similar from the angle in the picture.

I love the big solar! I always want bigger solar panels, even though they're pretty much just fluff at this moment.

They are borrowed from KW until a suitable replacment is made, but I need a modeler, skinner and unity(er) to help with that.

also, the Gigantor Mega XXXXL Solar Array/XXXXL STAT Panel actually have scaled up charge rates and charge curves(for exposure to photons), they were made to charge the Omega Battery.

I think you have a nice idea with this, for what little my opinion is worth. :wink:

FYI I downloaded it to test it, and there's an issue with the 2.5 and 3.75 stack braces in that they have radial attachment behaviours rather than node attachments which you will want to fix. The 1.25 works perfectly fine.

Here's a link to some quick screenshots I took of each part in slightly high rez, as well as a part presentation layout pic to make it look more professional and so people can see as a whole what they are getting.

http://ryushare.com/3c8qxv7hh9pn/FBI_parts.zip

Good luck with your add-on!

there's an issue with the 2.5 and 3.75 stack braces in that they have radial attachment behaviours rather than node attachments which you will want to fix. The 1.25 works perfectly fine.

this is intended.

EDIT:

Thank you, i have the Imgur album up now, but you seem to have forgot the Mega XXXXL STAT Panel....

http://imgur.com/a/T9DxZ#0

Edited by Galacticruler

Ah, my bad, I missed it. Here's a link with the parts list pic fixed and a close up the panel. http://ryushare.com/pjpverdesbo8/FBI_Parts_fixed.zip

Btw, why are the large stack braces supposed to be radial if you don't mind my asking? Is it so they don't interfere with the node on large stacks, or is there a trick I don't know about?

Ah, my bad, I missed it. Here's a link with the parts list pic fixed and a close up the panel. http://ryushare.com/pjpverdesbo8/FBI_Parts_fixed.zip

Btw, why are the large stack braces supposed to be radial if you don't mind my asking? Is it so they don't interfere with the node on large stacks, or is there a trick I don't know about?

Its so you can make space stations with 2.5m - 3.75m docking nodes or even entire arms witout the hastle of docking.

Or to add engines to a ship.

Also, did you get permission from KW to use the tanks?

Also, I could do a review/showcase/whatever.

No, I had not intended on using them this long, but then my modeler abandoned ship....

And I would love it if you could do a mod showcase.

Bump, well?

Also, anyone want the modeler/texturer/unity rigger position?

If someone is moddelling, texturing and rigging, what will be your responsibility?

I don't mind helping, but not keen on doing everything.

Edited by Devo

If someone is moddelling, texturing and rigging, what will be your responsibility?

I don't mind helping, but not keen on doing everything.

I am currently handeling the config files, as I suck at modeling, I cannot texture well and Unity is greek to me.

I am currently handeling the config files, as I suck at modeling, I cannot texture well and Unity is greek to me.

I suck at modeling but working on it for my list of projects before I bring more moders to the team. there are tons of tutorials to watch that help its what im having to so to learn "greek" as you put it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I took a look through your gallery. The custom tanks don't really appeal to me, but that's just personal preference, and I like the engines. You should definitely either get permission or use a new model for the KW tanks, though. Even if it's just temporary, it's been temporary for a while now, and you're really not supposed to distribute at ALL w/o permission. I would suggest just a quick edit of an existing skin (stock, or one of your custom ones), if you can't get permission. Maybe like a stripe or something.

anyway, the engines sound a little OP. I know a lot of people prefer to use engines that aren't all that much better than stock, otherwise it seems like its too easy. I had a look at the cfgs, and it looks like you're using a fourth as much electricity as an ion engine. That's pretty low! Maybe bump it up to really high electrical use, so it lets people do short, powerful burns but doesn't do very well on sustained burns. That way it offers some interesting challenges.

Edited by loppnessmonsta

I understand, and I have been meaning to change the tanks, but I really cannot decide on a suitable replacement and can't make my own models/skins (however, if an Omega Battery edit would do...)

Thank you for the power consumption change suggestion, that is actually the first shred of balance feedback I've got other than "ERMYGRD DE OP"

EDIT:

Version 0.09 is up, changes on OP.

Edited by Galacticruler

Bump

So, as it seems, I'm having issues with attachment node locations and other such things.

Anyone want to help out with that?

Also, on a side note...would you all like the previews on the OP in image form instead of Imigur gallery link form?

Bump

So, as it seems, I'm having issues with attachment node locations and other such things.

Anyone want to help out with that?

Also, on a side note...would you all like the previews on the OP in image form instead of Imigur gallery link form?

Maybe embed the album using Ted's new trick.

Nice to see this updated! I was just working on your request, I'll update it to see if ewverything is still fune :P (btw sorry it's taking so long, I've been really busy lately. Although I think I should be done by tomorrow :) )