[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

how weird. the RD-193 looks smaller and squattier than the RD-191. (which I like) and the pump is a tad different.

The RD-181 looks like an RD-180 with a single chamber... dislike :D

and RD-175 looks like a RD-170 but with two turbo pumps instead of one single one in the center.

WTF are the russians doing lol.

In keeping with the tread of using the moe up to date engines I will probably go with the RD-193. already did 191 twice :/ lol

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

what are you even talking about for god's sake...hell I dont understand anything anymore, you and nomrbond are throwing around engine names and uses I never heard about lol! also, why remake the 191? just take the .dae file from an older angara pack a, and convert it in Unity to work...

what are you even talking about for god's sake...hell I dont understand anything anymore, you and nomrbond are throwing around engine names and uses I never heard about lol! also, why remake the 191? just take the .dae file from an older angara pack a, and convert it in Unity to work...

because it is a piece of garbage lol. it is out of date, un optimized, not UV mapped correctly at all. It is easier to just redo it with new methods and techniques I have learned than to fix the old one lol.

those engine names are newer version ofr angara set ehgins (that is: 170, 180, 191) that are upgraded and did not exists when I made the originals.

I'm still working out some bugs with the third stage action group. It extends the five RD-0146 nozzles just fine, but isn't killing the gimbal authority for the outer four engines.

^^ For starters. Also KW Rocketry, Conformal Tanks, AEIS, BobCat's Soviet pack, and a couple others I can't recall off the top of my head.

Well, seventeen NK-33's can produce just a little bit of thrust, I can tell you that much!

-snip-

Heh, yeah, one of the first things that needed* checking was that it worked like it should have for what it was built for

ak5owhJ.jpg

* i.e. sounded like the most fun way to check the weight/isp/thrust calcs were good

[edit] Oops, sorry dimovski, I'll get on that

[edit2] what on kerbin is going on with the forums since the maintenance?

Edited by NoMrBond

Heh, yeah, one of the first things that needed* checking was that it worked like it should have for what it was built for

That rocket is obscene, sick, and wrong :cool: What parts are you using for fuel tanks and the upper stages?

All the fuel tanks on that one were the NovaPunch v2 ones (there's a fuel feeding 5m tank with the 6 central RD-33NK's on it underneath the 24x outer tank/engines), going to remake it with all KOSMOS tanks (for obvious reasons, also coolness) as soon as that's possible.

The fairings under the VA capsule/trunk at the top are Procedural Fairings covering the LK and Block-D mockup's

i don't know if it's my crappy internet conection, but the downloading at spaceport (this and almost all the others mods) always stops at 50-59 mb. is there a mirror to download? iv'e been trying to use the old versions, but most of parts crash the game and at the end, i can only use the led mini lamp.

Please help me with this, or tell me what i'm doing wrong. I hadn't installed the new versions of the soviet pack because this same reason, but the weird thing it's that the B9 pack and even the firespitter download it fine.

i don't know if it's my crappy internet conection, but the downloading at spaceport (this and almost all the others mods) always stops at 50-59 mb. is there a mirror to download? iv'e been trying to use the old versions, but most of parts crash the game and at the end, i can only use the led mini lamp.

Please help me with this, or tell me what i'm doing wrong. I hadn't installed the new versions of the soviet pack because this same reason, but the weird thing it's that the B9 pack and even the firespitter download it fine.

Me too! I haven't had problems with other mods, but with the KOSMOS pack, it just ends downloading at 60 megabytes and winrar says "unexpected end of archive." I've tried downloading on three different computers, after clearing the caches etc, and I still can't get it, it just stops halfway through. If somebody has it, could they please upload it to a dropbox or mediafire until the problem is solved? I have the old v4.2 but that was pre-solar flare.

I am having trouble with the docking ports. Can you dock to just another apas-69 port or can it dock to any port its same size. I have been building a big soviet style station, and I put the APAS ports on the station because I think they fit a little bit better than the others I have and I am trying to dock it to a soyuz ship that is already in orbit but it seems to be a no go.

I am having trouble with the docking ports. Can you dock to just another apas-69 port or can it dock to any port its same size. I have been building a big soviet style station, and I put the APAS ports on the station because I think they fit a little bit better than the others I have and I am trying to dock it to a soyuz ship that is already in orbit but it seems to be a no go.

Unfortunately the APAS-69's are not working as intended, cBBp was talking about rebuilding them earlier in the thread

Its ok I found a work around. I sent another Soyuz up with bob and bill, and on top of thier craft I attached another soyuz docking port a fuselage and an APAS to the top of it. Now I have a means to dock my soviet stuff and I have a station (albeit small just 2 soyuz together) beside a station lol.

I seem to have a problem with the big solar sails... While the right click menu shows 400 energy flowing, it actually only produces 25/s

1h6dJ.png

Was trying to fool around with a mining rig, but, well, not enough power :D