[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

The URM tanks look awesome. Are they "fixed size" or could they be made as "stretchy" tanks as well? I'd much prefer the latter version. Actually I love every mod that cuts down on parts number (and the accompanying memory footprint...), and procedural parts are a great way to do this.

The URM tanks look awesome. Are they "fixed size" or could they be made as "stretchy" tanks as well? I'd much prefer the latter version. Actually I love every mod that cuts down on parts number (and the accompanying memory footprint...), and procedural parts are a great way to do this.

they arn't stretchy or prodeual but you can stack segments in the CFGs and make them as long as you want. You can also scale them... but I dislike that aspect because it would use the same texture. In the future alternate textures would be nice or better yet alternate peices that are already of the correct sizes.

Also, it is looking bright for URm release to feature e-dog's procedural fairings.

I think i will have Soyuz, Zenit, and Antares style fairings. however they unfortunately can only have one texture. so do we want Angara dark fairings, or white fairings that make the rocket white.

I'd lean towards white, assuming the Angara fairing is the gray that I've seen on-line.

Are the URM tanks modular? They look like they're composed of a few pieces that could be customized into a variety of tank sizes with cfg edits, which would resolve one of my headaches with trying to get the right fuel capacity with the right look.

Disregard the latter. Looks like I cross-posted with cBBp's answer

Edited by MOARdV
Question answered before I posted.

Well the main textures are post processed. It was quite repetitive but it is done. Just need Normak's descriptions now and quality control. In the mean time i will tank the time to make a few more odds and ends perhaps. .crafts and such. but URM is almost out the door.

this little 2 stage rocket might look short, its second stage encapsulated in its fairings, but with a mun direct slingshot without circularizing your orbit it can shoot a probe pretty far and pretty fast.

URM%20small%20probe.png

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

The first URM release is just the 1.25m diameter parts, I believe the intention is for larger diameter (2.5/3.75/Other) parts to follow at some point in the future (no date given or implied).

The fairings should (hopefully) be e-dog's Procedural Fairings (and/or/with custom URM textures), although I'm not privy to the details (if it would be bundled like Snjo's Firespitter, or the PF pack would feature the URM textures but you'll have to get it separately).

Yeah, looking great. I wonder, did you thought about cooperating with Procedural mods (fairings, tanks and wings)? They could use a visual touch-up, and a procedurally scaled URM system would've been great.

Can't wait to see you guys get your own tank system. Then finally you are nearing a full space program mod xD

EDIT:

Last time I used KOSMOS, teh solar panels were way too freaking lag inducing. I had a 120 part grand tour ship (fully assembled) and it was lagging like the 450 part monster stations I am used to. has that been rectified in this update or at least looked into? For me, it's a pretty major deterrent from downloading.

Edited by Captain Sierra