[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

• 2 weeks later...

yeah nomrbond did a tech tree but I have been to lazy to upload it :/ i guess that is kind of jerk ish of me

Any progress on the new engines? I'd really love to see RD-180 and related engines. The old Angara pack was really lovely...

umm. I am sort of waiting for something that is in 0.23 to come about. but the NTR engine was mostly modeled when i stopped. The weakest link was the gimbaling system for it. I found out something cool is in 0.23 plans so I am waiting.

umm. I am sort of waiting for something that is in 0.23 to come about. but the NTR engine was mostly modeled when i stopped. The weakest link was the gimbaling system for it. I found out something cool is in 0.23 plans so I am waiting.

So you're waiting, then? Could you make a few station parts in the meantime? I've been missing some stuff from the old pack, specifically:

-Almaz planels. Darn, I loved those so much. If I had to chose one part off this list, it would be this. They were quite unique and looked very good IMO.

-Adapters. The current pack just doesn't have enough. Old pack had plenty, though.

-Endcaps. The old KOSMOS pack had Spektr and Priroda end caps which were great for capping thing in 0.5 and 1m, respectively.

-Small fuselages. With a single length for all hull pieces, I found that I sometimes could really use a half-size piece. Or a 1/3 size, especially in 3m. With the new MODEL node system, you could easily surpass the variety of the old pack with little memory overhead.

With the "prefabricates" system you have, they shouldn't be that hard to make in great variety, and they don't need any 0.23 functionality.

Edited by Guest

So we are waiting until January then. :)

perhaps. There might be some small things inbetween. like that tech tree... but that NTR engine really needs to have a nice looking way of turning the ship. and the whole thing flopping about just looks weird. but the engine is quite spiffy looking and very advanced :)

but to be honest i am totally disappointed that I made those URM 125 tanks and they just fall apart since the latest updates lol.

The URM is falling apart? I've never had that problem. That being said, I haven't run KOSMOS since 0.21, so I don't know about 0.22. I'll have to give it a go. On the other hand, I'm using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, so my results could get quite biased.

EDIT: Oh, and my only real annoyance with your engines is the way you did the fairings - for 1.25m stacks, they work great, but if you try to attach a one of the engines on the bottom of a 2.5m stack, the engine fairings are impossible to place properly, which is slightly annoying.

Edited by wasmic

but to be honest i am totally disappointed that I made those URM 125 tanks and they just fall apart since the latest updates lol.

The tanks don't fall apart. The launch clamps do. They can't handle the awesomeness of URM 125 tanks :D . I've launched 100+ URM rockets. The problem is that Squad gorked the transition to the launch pad, and the launch clamps fail because the ship is shifted in position due to a "ground contact error". Hack the launch clamps to make them stronger (1500 or 1750 instead of 150). That's what I did.

tzrk.jpg

I know this seems much to ask, and I can't for the life of me add all the parts in order for them to show up in Career Mode (would really love to have these awesome stuff), so unless you guys already did it, and I'm just blind as heck, but could you guys make it so it does show up in Career Mode rather than just Sandbox? If it isn't too much to ask :blush::sealed:

I know this seems much to ask, and I can't for the life of me add all the parts in order for them to show up in Career Mode (would really love to have these awesome stuff), so unless you guys already did it, and I'm just blind as heck, but could you guys make it so it does show up in Career Mode rather than just Sandbox? If it isn't too much to ask :blush::sealed:

NoMrBond already added it to the tech tree, but CBBP has been to lazy to upload it. Don't worry, he feels very bad about it :P. He'll most likely get around to uploading the update before KSP 0.23, though.

Oh, and CBBP, what was the Angara Pack that I keep hearing so much about?

I'm not sure if I'm not installing it right or something, but when Kosmos is in my files the game crashes in the initial loading screen. Same thing happens with B9, it worked fine on my previous .22 install though. Any ideas?

... so I've been having a sustained problem with this mod, in that my downloads for it keep dying. Specifically at around 60-70 MB. Does anyone have a mirror for it that isn't on Spaceport or something?

It's a problem with Spaceport - if a download takes too long then the process controlling it dies, and you lose connection. It applies to any download that is long enough, or any internet connection that is slow enough.

You can get round it by using one of the very many download managers that has a Resume Download facility.

I'm not sure if I'm not installing it right or something, but when Kosmos is in my files the game crashes in the initial loading screen. Same thing happens with B9, it worked fine on my previous .22 install though. Any ideas?

Install the B9 low res textures. That should make you able to play the game again - B9's high-res textures can bring KSP to the brink of the RAM limit, and it will cross that limit in time.

It's a problem with Spaceport - if a download takes too long then the process controlling it dies, and you lose connection. It applies to any download that is long enough, or any internet connection that is slow enough.

You can get round it by using one of the very many download managers that has a Resume Download facility.

Still having issues, a mirror, if there are any, would be super useful.

That looks neat. Also, what exactly is N-1G. Is that Block G for N1, or a more advanced version of N1? There were plenty of proposals of N1 derivatives to chose from. N1M, N1Sr, Nuclear N1... Not to mention smaller derivatives like N11 and N111.

It is the N1 1st stage

I did suggest the N1 doughnut of power, where the 1st stage was a single massive toroidal aerospike :P but alas, that one was never flown, or even built, but it sounded cool in the list of proposed ideas for 1st stage configurations I read through.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait... you're putting an N-1 in this pack? It'll be a good day to be a green man.

EDIT: Oh, look at what I found:

article-2161646-13B1C2D9000005DC-362_634x380.jpg

Have you heard about Excalibur Almaz? Seems like they're using the VA and the ol' soviet almaz stations.

Edited by wasmic

If you use MM1.5 and if parts come up in same tech node you can do this:

@PART[Kosmos*]:Final
{
TechRequired = composites
}

This worked for me with FusTek station parts v.03.5a. The dev build has all the parts in tech tree but the older one didn't (.03.5a stable). They all got released in same node.

Parts like station stuff tend to get released at same tech node, so this makes it easier.

Are there instructions somewhere for the MM1.5 syntax? I have all the nodes and stuff sorted out so I can have a look at concatenating them into a module manager file when I get back to town as a stopgap until the next release (and computer/internet) as I've only got my phone for the next couple of days