[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

I used the TechTree, but the parts have some really broken behaviour in the part list in the VAB and SPH, also the attachnodes of many parts have wrong directions.

I don't have the problems with the attachnodes, but to fix the "expanding issue" in the VAB and SPH, use ModuleFixer.

I don't have the problems with the attachnodes, but to fix the "expanding issue" in the VAB and SPH, use ModuleFixer.

Thanks for the ModuleFixer.

But the Problem is, as example, the balka truss segments the nodes in the middle for the 6 sides, only attack something on top or at bottom, but not in the direction of the hexagon polygon.

I try to fix that by editing the nodes in the part.cfg, but man that is so long ago I had to calculate vectors by hand and normalize them :(

So far I already learned that the last attach node in the part.cfg has to be one that is having ist direction in y-axis up, or it will mess up the wohle part.

Thanks for the ModuleFixer.

But the Problem is, as example, the balka truss segments the nodes in the middle for the 6 sides, only attack something on top or at bottom, but not in the direction of the hexagon polygon.

I try to fix that by editing the nodes in the part.cfg, but man that is so long ago I had to calculate vectors by hand and normalize them :(

So far I already learned that the last attach node in the part.cfg has to be one that is having ist direction in y-axis up, or it will mess up the wohle part.

To be able to attach to the side nodes as a first attachment... I don't know how to do that. I think it's a KSP limitation.

To be able to attach to the side nodes as a first attachment... I don't know how to do that. I think it's a KSP limitation.

I managed to fix these attachment Points :), with some little help from Unity and calculating the normalized vectors for me it was quite easy. I can upload them if wanted. BTW currently only the Balkal Truss Blocks are fixed, i like them most in visual, but for others it should be the same easy thing.

I need to try this. Is there any part that give some science/time. If you know what i mean. You turn it on and it slowly generate science. This will be cool.

I need to try this. Is there any part that give some science/time. If you know what i mean. You turn it on and it slowly generate science. This will be cool.

Only KSP Interstellar mod has this sort of functionality I think, although you could copy the appropriate KSPI module(s) to the Salyut and/or TKS body sections of you choice to allow them to perform said research.

Does anyone know how to check what docking ports are compatible with the apas 69? I've tried the stock medium sized docking port and the apas itself but no luck. Really need this for my space station.

The APAS can dock with itself - its model prevents it from working with the clamp-o-tron, even though the cfg allows it to. The APAS doesn't really work with MechJeb, though. The KCBS can only dock to the KCBS.

The APAS can dock with itself - its model prevents it from working with the clamp-o-tron, even though the cfg allows it to. The APAS doesn't really work with MechJeb, though. The KCBS can only dock to the KCBS.

So do i dock the fins pointing towards the other docking port's fins? Or do i have to have the fins facing away from the side it's being docked to?

This isn't getting enough love

and also the download doesn't seem to work

I'll ask CbbP about uploading a refreshed package (with at least the techTree and VAB icon fixes) to the new mod repository since the Spaceport one can no longer be updated

So do i dock the fins pointing towards the other docking port's fins? Or do i have to have the fins facing away from the side it's being docked to?

The fins have to point towards each other.

in the mean time, does anyone have a working download for use temporarily until the download is fixed if at all...

1: Download the thingy in the OP.

2: Install it.

3: Download the ModuleManager fixes in NoMrBond's signature.

4: Install them.

5: ???

6: Profit!

1: Download the thingy in the OP.

2: Install it.

3: Download the ModuleManager fixes in NoMrBond's signature.

4: Install them.

5: ???

6: Profit!

Does it work normally, if it's just intended for sandbox mode, or do i actually have to download the manager?

Does it work normally, if it's just intended for sandbox mode, or do i actually have to download the manager?

You shouldn't need to download the ModuleManager files if you just use it for sandbox. However, you'll probably experience the part-icon-exploding-in-VAB bug if you don't, but it's still usable.

I should probably mention what the exact problems i was facing when i tried to download...

i would download just fine and have the folder appear but as soon as i would try to open it, a window would pop up saying that it was unable to be opened and was invaid