[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

I clicked the link in 1st post http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kosmos-tks-spacecraft/ , it does not show up in the mod, even the low res version as well http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kosmoslite/ . I even typed then in search, but got no result. I also have screenshot, but for some odd reason, I can't upload it from my computer, so I upload screenshot on my photobucket account instead. Hope you can re-upload it til the new one's out.

You could have read three posts before yours. THREE!!

The problem is that someone else *didn't* see the post directly above. :P

Then again I've not seen that a topic goes on to the next page, when replying. So I shouldn't cast stones...

There are days where I feel like there are two kinds of people who read forums... Those who see and those who look...

I know we've all been guilty of missing some critical piece of information here or there, but I'm the type who never asks a question without searching the thread and also google for an answer at least once so it always blows me away when someone doesn't even try.

Is there anyone working on a 0.24 version os is this dead? I am really confused about what bobcat is still working on, and what is no longer working on but others have picked up, and what new things he is working on and if they supercede this mod. KOSMOS is one of my 6 most favorite parts mods. I dare say cannot live wthout mods and I would really like to know if there are any plans to gt this properly working with 0.24???

Is there anyone working on a 0.24 version os is this dead? I am really confused about what bobcat is still working on, and what is no longer working on but others have picked up, and what new things he is working on and if they supercede this mod. KOSMOS is one of my 6 most favorite parts mods. I dare say cannot live wthout mods and I would really like to know if there are any plans to gt this properly working with 0.24???

It's been awhile since I used this, so I forget, but isn't Kosmos just a parts pack?

If so then it will work. Costs might need balancing to make sure they're in line with KSP costs now. If Kosmos had plugins it relied on, those are what you need to be concerned with. Older plugins may or may not function with 0.24. Sometimes they just require recompiling against the new KSP DLLs. Sometimes the code might need reworking.

What I'm curious about is why you didnt just install it and try it. You'd have had an answer in 5 minutes.

It's been awhile since I used this, so I forget, but isn't Kosmos just a parts pack?

KOSOS uses Firespitter for the double-axis solar panels, so that will need updating as well as KOSMOS. I also seem to remember the latest version had one or maybe two parts with broken collision hulls.

If so then it will work. Costs might need balancing to make sure they're in line with KSP costs now. If Kosmos had plugins it relied on, those are what you need to be concerned with. Older plugins may or may not function with 0.24. Sometimes they just require recompiling against the new KSP DLLs. Sometimes the code might need reworking.

What I'm curious about is why you didnt just install it and try it. You'd have had an answer in 5 minutes.

Because I'd rather know if anyone is actively working on a "proper" 0.24 version then hope the old pre-0.22 version will maybe kind of sorta work. I don't see how that is a bad thing to want to know;

Because I'd rather know if anyone is actively working on a "proper" 0.24 version then hope the old pre-0.22 version will maybe kind of sorta work. I don't see how that is a bad thing to want to know;

In case someone would still maintain the mod, shouldn't there than be versions that are "newer"?

I really would like to see an update of Kosmos, but I Keep my hope low.

KOSOS uses Firespitter for the double-axis solar panels, so that will need updating as well as KOSMOS. I also seem to remember the latest version had one or maybe two parts with broken collision hulls.

Firespitter has had an update for 0.24 for a few days now.

it's a parts pack. It's been awhile since a part itself has been broken in a KSP update. It's the plugins you have to watch for, as in the case of the aforementioned Firespitter which is updated.

By convention, MM patches that modify other mods with restrictive licenses are acceptable. Best to ask, first, though, as you are; and if cBBp et al wish to exclude it in this case, we should bow to their decision.

There is a techtree integration MM patch already (see sig)

I should really review the pricing and other stats in light of the 0.24 changes however and add those also

Ah ok, I didn't know there was already a patch. Well, looks like Kosmos is going back into my career game then :).

The pricing needs to be adjusted in order for the MM patch to work with 0.24. Currently is just sets the price of everything to 400. So I will ask the question again....

Is there going to be an official 0.24 career mode ready version of KOSMOS. I have read about something in development but it would be nice to get a couple simple direct yes no answers and maybe a couple sentences on where this mod stand regarding 0.24 and career mode.

I love the mod and the engines but I just cannot add it to my 0.24 career game as all the prices are very unbalanced. I could go in and make a huge table and adjust all the prices in the MM patch but I'd like to avoid all that work if there is a "official" 0.24 version being worked on.

Thanks,

Hey everyone, working on a 4.7.1 maintenance release (with permission) for 0.24.2

Techtree integration was already in, currently auditing build files (so no uneccessary logs/discussions, unity files or unfinished parts slip into the build), then revising pricing

Edited by NoMrBond

any chance you could provide a download now?.. i play sandbox and don't really care about the cost of anything :)

As long as you have the most recent Procedural Fairings mod and Firespitter dll it should work fine in 0.24.2