[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

plumping is what screams rocket engine. something stock lacks.

Yeah, the plumbing on the KOSMOS engines definitely give them a lot of appeal. I rescaled the engines and URM tanks to 1.875m so I can see the engine details better (and because that size works really well for the URM tanks).

2nd Stage:

FcuQe8.png

On orbit:

6MoxxE.png

I mean seriously I love this mod but if it has been abandoned by the original developer .

Not true. I am the original Dev. Normak just likes the thread handling. But yes a new thread I needed I think. We will wait till 0.25 release.

Yeah, the plumbing on the KOSMOS engines definitely give them a lot of appeal. I rescaled the engines and URM tanks to 1.875m so I can see the engine details better (and because that size works really well for the URM tanks).

2nd Stage:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/537/FcuQe8.png

LOL did you actually use the model{} to make your own parts? :D awesome.

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

You do some pretty amazing stuff, but I don't think you can travel back through time. :P

(.25 was a few weeks ago)

I think you have the thinking skills to determine what I mean when I say 0.25 release, as in KOSMOS's 0.25 compatible release....

hmm RD-170 family or RD-0124.. 0124 is boring it does not even have engine gimbals anymore.

I think you have the thinking skills to determine what I mean when I say 0.25 release, as in KOSMOS's 0.25 compatible release....

hmm RD-170 family or RD-0124.. 0124 is boring it does not even have engine gimbals anymore.

I think...we have good news...i hope!!!¨:)

Not true. I am the original Dev. Normak just likes the thread handling. But yes a new thread I needed I think. We will wait till 0.25 release.

LOL did you actually use the model{} to make your own parts? :D awesome.

Cool I think you can not imagine how many players out there are waiting for that moment :)

If the choice is between those two, I'd vote for the RD-170 family. They're the most powerful liquid-fueled rockets ever, after all.

Cool I think you can not imagine how many players out there are waiting for that moment :)

How many? I ponder all the noobs that do not know KOSMOS. WIll probably split URM from SSPP

Yes, I did. Thank you for making the URM so Modular.

Awesome to hear it. Glad someone is using it. I wish I had a plugin writer so you could do it right in the VAB.

If the choice is between those two, I'd vote for the RD-170 family. They're the most powerful liquid-fueled rockets ever, after all.

Well ever flown. M-1... had quite a leg up on anything.

I vote for the RD-170. I really like the white-red-black color scheme and it looks like a good complex challenge suited to your excellent skills ;) Also I don't like the fixed plate on the 0124...

Awesome to hear it. Glad someone is using it. I wish I had a plugin writer so you could do it right in the VAB.

That would be uber cool, since I had the intention to mess with your models. However, it was a bit of a challenge to identify what every single piece model was...it would be enough even an album of screenshots of the models with the single components exploded, so I could figure out what piece I would need to make a different one in a breeze

You'd be surprised. M-1 wasn't that powerful. It was essentially an oversized J-2. It was large, but that was due to a high-altitude nozzle and the fact it was using hydrogen, which has low density and necessitates large ducts to allow enough fuel flow for a respectable thrust. It was powerful (probably the most powerful hydrolox engine ever tested), but hardly the best one out there.

And the upgraded F-1A is also 1.8M+. FWIW the the RD-170 series is pushing 1.77Million... I think the choice of the word "quite" is what is causing the issues. I personally wouldn't consider <2% that much of an improvement to deserve the title of "quite" a leg up. To each his own. IMO I also wouldn't consider the M-1 being '...not that powerful' either, even in it's initial 1.2-1.5Million version, considering it's still likely in top 5 most powerful non-solid engines ever tested. It's all a matter of relativity.

Edited by RedAV8R

F-1B will make an appearance if it's picked for the SLS as part of the Pyrios booster....IF the SLS continues, which I have doubts. It's a money pit that while I'd love to continue to fund, I don't see it happening. I personally don't see an application for the RD-175 either. Who knows.

This video?

Oh wait, that engine was already released.

But it only had one nozzle and is therefore automatically inferior to multi-nozzle engines, because multi-nozzle engines look way cooler.

Edited by wasmic