2 members have voted

1. 1. (How) Do you use this Tool?

• Yes, I use it frequently
    • Well, i used it do crete that one (or two) Part i realy needed
    • I use / used this to generate cfg files / Models for my own MODs
    • No, never used it / Just tested it and didn't like it

thx for the generator

light42sf9e.jpg

wasn't possible without it ( there are no 15m and 30m parts out there ^^)

and one question will you implement a adapter function that we can generate adapters to build different sizes together ?

What's new in 2.2?

oh...

- clean cylinder: more polys to make it look better

- cylinder cone: more polys,too

- Adapters

- GUI Fix: not changing the numbers while your typing...

- added therms of use

- added cube shape

- added textures by TheCardinal (Thanks)

- and some other smal stuf

It's not like I want to make myself a name (ok, maybe a litle XD )

It's more about spreading this tool, so more people can profit from my work and make custom creations... and share them with us...

Oh, by the way...

You are welcome to post some of your creations here, so I can see what you came up with...

No, I totally understand. It's great, it should be spread, and you should be credited. About posting my creations... I'm a bit, I don't know... It's between shyness and perfectionism I think. I only have the guts to post own work unless it's good enough, but I always think my own work is crap, so I don't post it. I'll try to get over my shame and start with something mediocre.

Oh and I'll try to do some textures with some of my buddies. I'll ask them if they've got time to get around the table and design. But first, yesterday was our first wedding anniversary, so me and my wife are still tired because of our celebration, so it's time to sleep for me.

Later!

Hey, Lando! Great mod, very useful, and thanks a million :)

But I'm having trouble with creating my own textures. My textures look fine in any photo viewer, but in KSP they come out all red and pink. I'm using Gimp, but MSPaint seems to yield the same results. Any suggestions?

I was thinking last night, have you looked at doing this with engines as well?

You'd need 2 engine models, a atmosphere version with a short bell and a vacuum version with a long engine bell.

Then you'd set the diameter of the engine (the height would automatically set based on a ratio) with the engine power being limited by the size and the ISP being limited by the power and the type, with vacuum engines having a higher vacuum ISP but lower power for a set size. Fuel and Oxidizer use are a factor of power and ISP.

You could take a step further and generate engine clusters, single, twin, row of three, square of four and cross of five. The clusters would use the same stats as above and scale the engine model down and fit it to a mount plate to give the different clusters. So I guess you would gave 10 set engine models (clusters 1 to five, for both Atmos and Vacuum) with the size scaled depending on the diameter of the engine set in the generator.

With both engines and fuel tanks we'd be able to custom design the most efficient booster for any payload!

I second this suggestion.

I totally agree. There should also be an option for gimbeling and SRB engines:D. Lastly, if there could be adapters if they're not in there already, to make things like 1.45 meter tanks.:0.0:

Hey I have a suggestion that can be in the next version what if you could make a solid rocket booster.
I second this suggestion.

The question i'm asking myself: Why? The fuel tanks already provide a lot of flexibility.

I totally agree. There should also be an option for gimbeling and SRB engines:D. Lastly, if there could be adapters if they're not in there already, to make things like 1.45 meter tanks.:0.0:

They're already possible with the mod.

Personally, i would like to have more tank shapes:

- Spherical

- Half pipe (a round pipe, cut lengthwise in half)

- (half) ellipsoïd

And for balancing porposes, the option to add an amount of weight to a part.

- Spherical

- (half) ellipsoïd

If you do half ellipsoids, it would be useful if it had attachment nods at the top and bottom.

Right now all the nose cones only have one attachment nod at the bottom.

I was also thinking gold and silver foil might be a popular stock texture to add?

I threw these together, if you are interested in the textures.

5JZQV9h.jpg

ItJ5Rh7.png

Edited by Tommygun

If you do half ellipsoids, it would be useful if it had attachment nods at the top and bottom.

Right now all the nose cones only have one attachment nod at the bottom.

I was also thinking gold and silver foil might be a popular stock texture to add?

I threw these together, if you are interested in the textures.

I'm certainly interested in those textures. I imagine though that they look best on small tanks.

The question i'm asking myself: Why? The fuel tanks already provide a lot of flexibility.

- Spherical

- (half) ellipsoïd

And for balancing porposes, the option to add an amount of weight to a part.

I will do this when I got some time (that will be next week XD)

@Tommygun: If you send me the textures I will include them in the next release, Thank you!

Why are you trying to obstruct the use of OP parts, anyway? What if I want to make tiny 1000L tanks or batteries as light as a feather?

I am usualy not the guy saying stuff like that but: ..learn cfg editing :sticktongue: No, realy its just changing a 10 to a 1000000000....

Edited by Lando

Any plants to add the MK2/MK3 Fuselage shapes? This app would be perfect for tuning the liquid fuel/oxidizer ratios for space planes!

If the users whant them, i will add them. (I thought about that before)

Are the MK2 the same as the MK3 just smaler? (I can't look in the game atm)

I could add them like if you type in 125cm diameter you get the MK2 and 250cm you get MK3

EDIT: NO they arn't... :-(

ahh... I'll add both

Edited by Lando

I might be wrong about it, but when I attempt to create a clean cylinder tank for small part size, the resulting cylinder is off the scale with the actual parts -- it's significantly wider, enough to make unpleasant gaps. Setting rescaleFactor to 0.625 makes it fit, but I suspect the length calculations aren't correct then.

I might be wrong about it, but when I attempt to create a clean cylinder tank for small part size, the resulting cylinder is off the scale with the actual parts -- it's significantly wider, enough to make unpleasant gaps. Setting rescaleFactor to 0.625 makes it fit, but I suspect the length calculations aren't correct then.

Well i've noticed something like that as well (lengthwise). I created a tank as a replacement of six jetfueltanks. (I assume the jetfuel are 1.25 meters in diameter and 2 meters in length.) Total amount of fuel 900 liters. The resulting tank was a lot smaller lengthwise than the six jetfueltanks and the diameter was slightly smaller. In order to get the same length (12 meters) i had to increase the amount of fuel from 900 to 1260 liters.I have ignored the slightly smaller diameter .

(That difference probably can be explained by rounding factors).

Frankly, the differences don't really bother me. I can imagine that the use of different materials and designs could easily explain those differences in real life. Whenever necessary i will modify the parameters in the part generator to fit my needs. Worst case scenario i will modify the part.cfg maually to fit my needs.

Well i've noticed something like that as well (lengthwise). I created a tank as a replacement of six jetfueltanks. (I assume the jetfuel are 1.25 meters in diameter and 2 meters in length.) Total amount of fuel 900 liters. The resulting tank was a lot smaller lengthwise than the six jetfueltanks and the diameter was slightly smaller. In order to get the same length (12 meters) i had to increase the amount of fuel from 900 to 1260 liters.I have ignored the slightly smaller diameter .

(That difference probably can be explained by rounding factors).

Frankly, the differences don't really bother me. I can imagine that the use of different materials and designs could easily explain those differences in real life. Whenever necessary i will modify the parameters in the part generator to fit my needs. Worst case scenario i will modify the part.cfg maually to fit my needs.

I will look at that... I did the calculation with jetfuels have 1.5 times the diameter in length, but this was just made by comparing them in the editor, so It could be wrong.

Hey, Lando! Great mod, very useful, and thanks a million :)

But I'm having trouble with creating my own textures. My textures look fine in any photo viewer, but in KSP they come out all red and pink. I'm using Gimp, but MSPaint seems to yield the same results. Any suggestions?

Any help with this, pretty please?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.